main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why couldn't Anakin heal his wounds?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The technology is so developed in SW but the Empire couldn't even heal his skin, they could even clone people easily, why didn't he make a clone then transplant its skin/organ/limbs to himself?

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I've wondered this myself, he definitely could do it, but I feel that Palpatine didn't let him or something.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's people who reject even their own cloned tissue- Ton Phanan was one. Maybe Anakin's another?

DarthBoba and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I get the feeling Palpatine deliberately put him in the suit to make his existence even more torturous for Anakin. It fueled Anakin's anger. I think its very likely Anakin could have been completely healed but it was denied him.

5. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I always thought the reason was probably that Force sensitivity couldn't be cloned and thus Anakin's body, being exceedingly Force sensitive, would have rejected any attempts to heal him through, say, cloned organs.

I think the films, although they never state this outright, do suggest that you can't reproduce Force sensitivity in a lab. Otherwise, Palpatine's actions make zero sense. If you could clone a Force-sensitive, why didn't he just clone Anakin instead of trying to turn his son? It surely would have been far easier and he wouldn't have had to deal with Anakin's injuries for nearly as long.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU- they do attempt to clone Force Users on a few occasions. Generally it doesn't go well- with insanity being the norm.

In AoTC (the novel) the Kaminoans say they wanted a Jedi as the prime clone- but they got Jango instead.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Starkiller got clones.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Most of which were insane. Except, of course, the protagonist, in TFU2. And that's after a lot of experimentation.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    There is no need to get Vader's clone sane, it's just for organ transplantation.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This.

11. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah, in The Force Unleashed 2, Vader clones Starkiller many times until he got a good result. I feel like if anything were to be taken from the story of that game, it's that maybe Vader was experimenting cloning Force sensitive DNA to then use the technology as you suggest, implant the organs of his own clone onto himself.

12. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I agree with some of the posts above on how Sidious would want to keep him in that suit to fuel his anger (and shame perhaps for what he did....not guilt, there is a difference). He most likely lied to Vader about how a Jedi cannot be cloned, putting him in the suit quickly was the only way to save him, etc. etc.

One of the reasons why the Emperor is such an amazing character. You can really visualize him saying this things and understand his motives.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    He was trying to heal himself, per Shadows Of The Empire. Couldn't quite get to that purity of hatred to make it permanent, though.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Too bad Darth Plagueis was not alive at that time, otherwise he could heal most of Vader's wound.

Oh and revive Padme from death!

15. CircaCitadel

Oct 10, 2012
    True. In ESB, it shows him in that breathing chamber with his helmet off for a brief moment. He was trying to heal.

16. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Palpatine couldn't heal his own wounds. Perhaps there are some wounds a Force user cannot heal.

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The memory flashes of original Starkiller were used in their training, so that probably had a bit to do with that. They were also grown fast, which doesn't help either.

18. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    True, to successfully clone himself he would at the least have to take 16-20 years for it to mature. Tissue from the aae-accelerated clones would deteriorate pretty quickly, look at the Emperor's clones.

But I think the main thing is Palpatine had the perfect apprentice in Vader. The suit makes his appearance menacing enough to be the face of the Imperial forces and strike fear into enemies while intimidating allies. He was still powerful enough to hunt down the Jedi, and with his limited power Palpatine had no need to fear betrayal from him.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

Not sure though, what Vader would do if he successfully cloned himself... I guess that depends on who the clone would be more like, Vader or Anakin? Would he take himself, as his own apprentice? That would be sick in soo many ways.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  20. CircaCitadel

Oct 10, 2012
    I figured he would just clone himself for the healthy organs and have them transplanted into himself so he didn't need the suit anymore.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He could do transfer essence, if Palps ever let him learn it.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be so weird

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Shame of the force unleashed-two, for not making that happen.

24. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Palpatine probably put him in a bad quality cyborg suit, to fuel his anger and rage in the darkside. The emperor was a sick twisted person. He didn't heal him either because, even though he probably could with the darkside powers and abilities, he wanted him to miserable in the suit so he could be a more better Sith Lord. Probably he feared his sith apprentice rising up against him and betraying him, so he decided to make him less powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.