main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The only cover that isn't leagues ahead of this one is Millennium Falcon. That's only yards ahead.

EmpressJainaSoloFel likes this.
  2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm suddenly trying to picture what it'd look like if they'd done the same thing to the Shadows of Mindor cover, with Luke's head poking out at the top, Shadowspawn to the side, and something else on the right...

Give me a full illustration any day over that.

instantdeath likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd take horrendous photoshop any day over large geriatric faces.

4. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    It is hard to believe that this is the artist who did the covers for Vector Prime, Star by Star and Destiny's Way.

5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Probably the same guys who did the Traitor cover. It's one of the best Star Wars novels ever- hell, it stands on its own as excellent literature- but egad, that cover art is atrocious and had almost nothing to do with the book. An X-Wing? Really?

EDIT: Wait, seriously Mani? It's that guy? :eek:

6. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    The dumb thing is that they could make it look better with Photoshop if they just darken the color scheme or something. If they could get rid the background lighting effect it would be a bit more palatable. Wouldn't fix how wierd the Big Three look, but it'd be something. The layout wasn't the problem, so all they did was make it slightly worse imo. Atleast they got rid of the lightsabers, don't like it when the things are drawn that tiny.

I'd just tell the artist to redo it. That's what normal companies do when something is done badly. But Del Ray ain't a normal company.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't think the full illustration is that bad; not the greatest cover, but not awful. It's the close ups that really ruins it.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Are we going to learn more about this book during NYCC?

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    So this novel is coming out next year?

10. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    July 2, 2013 via Amazon.com

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    According to the main page article, in the 1st tweet mentioned says Crucible won't be last adventure for Big 3 but it will be big and change them forever. A passing of the baton. Maybe they will suffer a massive injury that effects them from now on? It is Denning after all.

12. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I won't be happy until they're just talking heads in jars.

Zorrixor likes this.
  13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I've suddenly pictured Fry Skywalker being lectured by Grand Master Luke Skywalker's talking head in 3000 ABY while the rest of the Jedi Head Council watch on from their jars.

[​IMG]

Valin__Kenobi and Manisphere like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's one way to keep them around. I wish that they showed Luke recovering from the poison from the fight with Shimrra.

julioangelortiz likes this.
  15. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Which I thought was going to herald his retirement from such an active life on the galactic stage - I thought that was the passing of the baton. So I'll believe this passing of the baton when it sticks. :/

16. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Precisely. Yup yup.

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks to the way things turned out in the Denningverse (DNT, LotF, and FotJ), TUF will forever be the passing of the baton.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Bigger than your wife dying? Bigger than your daughter having to kill your son? Seriously, they throw this out so much that it just becomes hyperbole I agree with Becca, I'll believe it when I see it.

19. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Now really sounding like "Gone to Mortis, gone directly to Mortis, did not pass GO, did not collect £200 (or whatever it is in $$)" to me!

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's $200. Though it would be a lot funnier if they adjusted the British version for the exchange rate.

21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Haven'y you figured out yet Hav, that the current Exchange Rate is a perfidious English ploy to get countries to buy from us while trying to stop us buying from you? [face_laugh]

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    From Twitter: Scoundrels will feature excerpts from Crucible and the Dawn of the Jedi novel, Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. :D

23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    With all the versions of Monopoly I am surprised there isn't one that doesn't keep up to date with the exchange rate.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bugger. Now I need to find a copy of Scoundrels to skim the end.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Could this be the bridge between FOTJ and Episode 7???