main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

I actually thought that was Pine in a dual role. Wow. The resemblance is really is even more uncanny between them now. #The more you know.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Character descriptions from the S.H.I.E.L.D. casting call:

SKYE: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

AGENT GRANT WARD: Quite the physical specimen and "cool under fire," he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He's a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he's the kind of guy that grows on you.

AGENT ALTHEA RICE: Also known as "The Calvary," this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other's company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he's a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.​

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Paging Eliza Dushku and/or Summer Glau! This kind of role seems right up their alley.:p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Rumor is these names might be codenames for better-known SHIELD agents.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Wouldn't be surprised- things can change from casting call all the time. I remember the Stargate Universe casting calls had several different character names/descriptions.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :rolleyes: And also when it comes to being the place Jesus goes to get crucified?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New casting rumors for Avengers 2 for a character whose inclusion I pretty much expected, but this is the first time they've been unofficially mentioned beyond fan speculation:

Emily Blunt (Looper) and Ruth Wilson (Luther) are rumored to be up for the role of Ms. Marvel for Avengers 2.

Given that it was almost a certainty that they'd be adding at least one more female to the roster for the next film, I had hoped they'd go with Ms marvel- she makes the most sense, given that she's an Avengers team leader, has an Air Force background (and, thus, could tie into Iron Man via Rhodey, if desired), but can also be tied into some of the cosmic elements Marvel is focusing on, so she could be a great link between the grounded and the fantastic. Plus she has actual powers, so she won't feel redundant next to Black Widow and Maria Hill.

(Sure, people say Wasp makes the most sense as a female addition, but, really, people are only saying that because she was a founding member in the comics. IMO, she's only interesting in relation to Pym and their messed up marriage. So I can see, with Ant Man being a "maybe" movie that they wouldn't want to bank on her as an inclusion, especially in lieu of a more popular character that has more potential)

Someone at Marvel must be really keen on using Blunt in a movie- she was the first choice to play Black Widow in IM2 and was also up for the role of Peggy Carter in CA.

8. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Recently watch the Avengers with my folks and they enjoyed it. My mom especially lol. It was great and I'll be watching it again...lol. soon this week some time.

On the Avengers 2, I am really looking forward to see how SHIELD fits into it and seeing Agent Hill in the other nine films Cobie Smulders is contracted to be in. I hope she's in Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 some how.

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    =D=:D

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Proof, please? I don't want to get my hopes up.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/13/agent-coulson-lives-on-joss-whedons-shield-tv-show/

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Thanks, Ramza.

14. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Not only is he returning but it's said he will be the lead character.

Link.

GenAntilles likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What in the world is the big deal with Ant Man? I have been a superhero fan for decades, and Ant Man is at best the Aqua Man of the Marvel Universe. I'll go see it. I might change my mind and love it. But at the moment..MEH X 100.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I've actually found Aquaman quite appealing for many years. Having said that, though, even to me Ant Man seems like a completely terrible superhero. Shrinking is just one rung above "super stretching" as the dumbest of all possible superpowers. I would pretty much rather just be a normal human being than have this sort of "ability."

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Depending on which Ant-Man they use he has other stuff going for him. Hank Pym is a super-genius and most itterations of Ant-Man can also grow to 10 times a man's size. He can also control insects and has human sized strength while shrunk. The video here is a storyboard based off the test footage that was shown at Comic-Con.

From the rumors I've heard it sounds like Edgar Wright's Ant-Man will be at least partially based off of Robert Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man which was actually pretty entertaining.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ant-Man a big deal? Oh, the irony...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    As a hero, yeah, shrinking is admittedly lame. As a villain or a spy, I could think of quite a few instances where a shrinking power - especially if it extends to objects you can carry/take with you - could be extremely profitable. And as an assassin...well, imagine the kind of clean, untraceable kills you could pull of by shrinking into something the size of an ant. Hardly lame.

Taking the Aquaman reference further...Namor. Now there's a character that would challenge a studio into making a serious superhero movie/franchise out of, even as part of the Avengers.

23. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Question...when is the SHIELD tv show set?

After all, SHIELD has been around since WWII.....so it could be possible that it's a prequel/interquel to the movies.....in other words....Coulson will still be dead post-Avengers.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  24. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I've always found that the abilities of the hero are not what make him interesting, that even the lamest of heroes/abilities when given to the right author. I could entirely see a good writer taking a rather unimpressive ability and making a great comedic take on the character through a story of redemption. On paper Ant Man sounds like a rather ridiculous character, sure. But I would like to see what would be done with the character in the right hands. And quite frankly, I care less about a character's gimmick or abilities and more about his character or story. But then again I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. In the hands of Edgar Wright (who've I yet to be disappointed by) I can see a film with wit and charm, while paying great tribute to a particular genre. His presence alone is enough to get me in the theatre.

It also depends which Ant Man they are going with, each of them have different goals and objectives for the use their abilities, each of them a different story and motivations.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Really? They're going to go forward with this Ant-Man movie idea, and not something like Dr. Strange?

It's their funeral.