main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am putting on my butt kicking boots! Get writing ginchy!!

kataja likes this.
  2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Ginchy I NEEEEEEEEEED 200! Come on, you've got nearly four weeks until Nano! [face_batting]

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My ears perked up. Ginchy is doing NaNo again? If this is so, I will be so happy!

I now need a swift kick in the butt. School has taken over my life and I haven't had a night to just sit down and write in weeks :(

4. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Ginchy is doing original fic for Nano. Right, ginchy???? [face_batting]

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yowch, I was feeling some posterior pain and... oh, hai!!! ;)

These kicks are what I need! I have 4.5 chapters of 200 and I plan on 3 more. Can I make it before Nano???

And I do plan on writing original fic for Nano, may all the gods in the heavens help us. [face_rofl]

How is everyone??? GROUP HUGS!!!!!!!

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Yes you can! And then AFTER Nano, I expect you-know-what. :D

Maybe I'll even write some more L/M to motivate you. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ginchy doing an original fic for Nano? This will be fun!

I debated doing Nano to finish my WiP, but I just don't have the time.

I am currently trying to get a 1500 word website review done for tuesday. Normally this would be no big deal, but the prof is horrible when it comes to specifics, so no one knows what he wants. To make matters worse, the website is a war of 1812 commemoration. SOOOO BORING! I need some LM to keep me from going into a coma.

It's thanksgiving weekend here. I was hoping to get some writing done. I guess not.

8. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    A certain Prince and his Spy? ;)

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    This intrigues me.

I'm currently procrastinating by watching the Luke ESB deleted scenes and eating chocolate. Anyone jealous?

10. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I'm jealous! I gotta clean the house next thing. :mad:But then I have some chocolate - and time to write! [face_batting]

Ginchy - you can do it!!! Oh, yes, you can! [:D]

11. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Thanks for the encouragement, gals. I'm going to do my best, because there is no try. (Or I'll sit around and sleep, you know, whichever happens first. ;))

As for the Prince and his Spy, I hope to work on that in the new year. :D

12. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Sooo...I can haz 200? :D

ginchy likes this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As much as I love cryptic fun, this IS a discussion thread, so unless you fill us all in on details, I'm going to have to ask that we change the topic to something we all can talk about [/responsible voice]

SOOO? Is anyone up for a challenge? I know October is half over and November is going to be filled with nano for some people (and coma-inducing research papers for me), so do you gals want to do a october/November challenge to kick start muses (even though I can't index anything) or do you want to wait for December?

14. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I wasn't being cryptic, I was answering the question. But I apologize if it seemed I was.

I am not up for a challenge. Too much other stuff to write, like 200, the 'prequel' of EoA (it can be haz'd soon, I hope!) and the Prince and Spy thing which I've only tossed around ideas (okay, have written 3 scenes). It involves Prince Luke Organa and a certain spy named Mara Jade.

But I love to read challenge pieces so write away ladies. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    No challenges here. I'm on writing hiatus for now.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It was just a general reminder for everyone.

I have a confession to make. I have a plot bunny messing with my head and it's not L/M o_O I'm blaming Jedi_Lover for this one because of her comments on one of J_e's fics. SOMEONE is always wondering, if Luke is supposed to live for another 40-50 years in canon, do the authors expect him to be celibate for that time. I have a way for Luke to get some loving in a serious relationship without upsetting Mara fans. Basically Tycho dies and then Luke and Winter start to knock boots again (don't tell me that there wasn't something between them pre-TTT).

I have some other blot bunnies nomming on my brain, including one (I blame my brother for this one) where Owen and Beru survive ANH, and a third installment of Dawning (a short, 'Union-like', pointless plot, fic). I just want them all to stop eating my brain!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    How come I always get blamed for everything? Do you really think Winter and Luke had something going on? I never seen anything written about that pairing. Meh, I think they would make a boring couple. I mean it's not like we are thinking, "Wow a new SW book, I can't wait to see what is happening with Winter." ;)

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It's fun to blame you, and in this case it really is your fault.

I think Luke and Winter had at least a one night stand sometime after ROTJ and before TTT. Luke would be attracted to Winter because she looks like Leia and he has issues with that :p and why wouldn't Winter do Luke? They say opposites attract, but in reality, the people who have the strongest relationships are very simmilar. Plus there is that one scene in Dark Force Rising between Luke and Winter. I forget the details, but if you read between the lines, something could have happened between them.

Anyway, if you dont want a celibate Jedi Grand master for 40 years, she would be a good person for a 70-80 year old Luke to kriff. MOST Mara fans don't mind her. If I wrote it, I could totally make it work.

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    OMG! That is such a disturbing thought. Incest-by-proxy![face_sick]

Okay, I will take you up on that claim. I say write it and totally make it work. I dare you! I double-dog-dare you!:cool: And I want some shine on it on LJ.

Personally I think somebody like Mirax would be good for Luke. Not her, but somebody similar to her. Maybe a former smuggler, turned NR intelligence and continued on with Alliance Intel. I would like to see Luke and this OC on some intelligence gathering mission similar to the book Mercy Kill. I think that would really be interesting. I would be nice to see Luke do something other than chopping up Sith with his lightsaber and sending his Jedi on suicide missions.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry for disturbing people, but there actually is some science behind it. Psychologists say people are attracted to themselves so naturally, if Luke and Leia looked the same because they are twins, Luke would be attracted to someone that looked like Leia. It was rather creepy, but me and the guy I like got mistaken for siblings the other day, because we do look simmilar.

Anyways, I think Winter would be a good fit if I ever wrote a post FOTJ canon fic. In my opinion, Mara fans would hate any OC right off the bat, unless you did a 25k word back story and made her simmilar to Mara, but not the same, which would be a fine line. Luke/Mirax is kinda like Mara/Corran. In theory it should work, but it just seems wrong, to me at least. Kinda like Mara/Han. It's just... no. Winter is an esablished character, but there's still wiggle room with her character.

I may take you up on that dare, sometime in the future if I ever finish my novella. If I do, I will even shine it for you. I'm thinking about doing a short fanfic in-between when I'm done my novella and really sitting down and planing my first novel.

On another note. I thought about a challenge that might be fun to try in the new year and maybe have it run for 2 or 3 months. Kinda like a dare challenge, but more of a cleaning out the plot bunnies or started, but never finished stories. We all have plot bunnies gathering dust or stories that we wrote the first chapter of but never finished. What if we exchanged them and wrote them. They could be one-shots or shorter stories, or finishing off a story in less than 5000 words. It would be kinda like somewhere in between a fic exchange and adopting a plot bunny. You would make a commitment to write it, but if you absolutely can't, the person who gave you the bunny has to except the risk of writing something without getting something in return.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I like this idea. If you recall my fanfic Second to None was originally RedGold's story. She wrote one chapter where Mara meets Luke's clone, but that was it. It sat barely started for at least four years. Finally I asked her if I could write it and I ended up doing a 60K word fic and a 80K+ word diary challenge spinoff. I'm happy with the results. I took it in a way that was opposite of what RedGold intended (it was supposed to be horrible angst), but she said she likes my version.

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What if i don't have a story to throw in?

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JL, yeah, that was part of my inpiration for this idea. There's a story over at the classic boards (posted in like 2003) that I love, but was never finished. I've always wanted to take it, clean it up and finish it, but the author hasn't logged on since 2005, so I'll never be able to ask them, but I would never just take it.

Hazel, you don't have ANY old plot bunnies kicking around? It doesn't have to be a started story, just an idea you have but never got around to writing. It doesn't even have to be a bunny for a short story, it could be an epic bunny and whoever picks it would have to decide how much they want to shorten it. Anyways, we probably won't do this till January, at the earliest, so I'm sure something will bite you (if not, you can have one of my pesky bunnies to contribute).

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Can the participants go off and find their own unfinished story? Maybe somebody started a story you like and never finished. Can you approach that person, get their permission and bring it to the challenge.

You know there was one story I really liked that never was finished...but I am pretty sure I couldn't write it here. I think it was posted at a more 'adult' website. It was a unique plot. Mara is kidnapped by a sex slave organization. She is injected with nanobots that makes her go through withdraw symptoms if she doesn't have sex all the time. :p We just got to the part where Luke saves her...and then the author's muse dies. =(( I mean how hard can it be to think up the next chapter? Let me see...there can be bootknocking![face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.