main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Would Krayt let Vestara join the One Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tim Battershell, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Ship said that Vestara had knowledge of the Skywalkers. True, but it's really only knowledge in the 'domestic trivia' class - no Skywalker secrets!

Luke is very powerful in the Force and a great swordsman - old news!

Jaina is highly distrusting, particularly towards Sith, and also very handy with a Lightsaber - no surprises there!

Ben may be able to be distracted by a pretty girl, but has a rock-solid resistance to dark-side temptation - should be no surprise either!

On the other hand:-

Vestara is probably on the Jedi's "10 most wanted" list - particularly if Jaina has anything to say about it! Ship is highly noticable too!

Vestara's people enabled Abeloth to run loose in the Galaxy, forcing Krayt to (at least temporarily) discard his invisibility, with the risk that the Jedi might be on the lookout for additional Sith groups.

Vestara has shown a propensity for killing members of the group that she's supposed to be allied with - Rank and family connections notwithstanding!

Although Ship said "You are a Sith Lord if I say you are", is that going to cut any ice in One Sith circles?

Opinions please, Gentlebeings!

2. TheWiseJedi

TheWiseJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2012
    No I do not think that Vestra has any interest in the One sith but The One sith has interest in Vestra. Ship stated that someone wanted to see her, but not saying who that someone was. It could be that he was referring her to her own people and that now they need a strong leader. However it can be stated that the " lost tribe" would not open there arms to Vestra so she may either adventure on her own or Join the One sith, since they may have interest in her.

See, if The One Sith was this powerful person at this point in time, ship would go to him right away. The fact that ship is still with Vestra states that she is, at this time, more powerful then the One Sith.

Ship found Vestra because at the time she was powerful in the dark side of the force. It was only after Abeloth emerged that Ship went to her instead, because now she was the most powerful Dark side user in the galaxy. Then he goes back to Vestra once Abeloth is taken care of. so ship only goes to someone is who is strong with the dark side of the force.

To answer:
    Would Krayt let Vestara join the One Sith?

- The answer is yes.

At this point in time, as stated above, Vestra is the most powerful Sith in the galaxy at the present time. Krayt could use this to further is agenda by allowing her to join his ranks.. for the time being.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Krayt lets her join she could never leave I think unless she took a vow of silence, never to speak of them. They let Alema leave but why let that happen again?

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Vestera most powerful sith in the galaxy? What are you smoking?

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah I would assume Krayt was the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy?

6. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    In terms of Force potential, maybe, but in term of will, experiences and mastery of her abilities certainly not.

7. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Well, just because Ship declares her a Sith Lord doesn't make it so.

8. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Yeeeeah... I get the feeling that Ship is kind of a dope.

So when some random teenager shows up riding some dumb AI ship (who openly dissed the One Sith too) who's only credentials is force power and knowing some basic facts about the Skysolos that everyone should know anyway... I don't know. I can only she her being a pawn in Krayts game at best.

9. TheWiseJedi

Oct 12, 2012
    To both of you.

Ship ( the sith meditation sphere) only goes to the person that is strong in the force ( IE- this was why Ship left Vestra and went to Abeloth)

And I said that Vestra is the strongest sith in the galaxy AT the present time, Not saying she will be forever, because clearly she will not be, based on the legacy comics, but In this time frame in the galaxy, Vestra is the strongest sith.

Lets use this explanation from the wook

"Ship remained enslaved to Abeloth during such times as her battles with the Jedi on Nam Chorios, her alliance with the Lost Tribe of Sith, and her ruling of both the Tribe and the Galactic Alliance. During the Liberation of Coruscant, Abeloth fled on Ship with a captive Vestara Khai and Ben Skywalker. When Abeloth was killed by Ben and Vestara, and her remaining avatars were destroyed, Ship was finally released from her hold and rushed to save Vestara from the Jedi whom she had betrayed back on Coruscant. There, he named her a Sith Lady and told her of the existence of another faction of Sith in the galaxy that would need her experience with the Skywalkers and his knowledge of Sith training to develop" (starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_(Sith_Meditation_Sphere)

Now, We know that ship was enslaved to a powerful entity known as Abeloth. As soon as Abeloth was defeated, Ship went back to Vestra, because abeloth's hold on him was broken. this means that SHIP went to the strongest KNOWN person who processes a strong dark side presence in the force.

10. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    If Vestara is the strongest Sith in the galaxy at the present time then the NJO has nothing to worry about for 90 years. And Sword of the Jedi is going to be really boring.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Krayt was a former Jedi and has had many years already to formulate his plan to conquer the galaxy. He's had a lot of lightsaber experience by fighting in the Clone Wars and fighting the Vong. Not sure if he fought stormtroopers or not. He's also had many years to hone his force skills. No way is Vestara going to be a match for him.

12. TheWiseJedi

Oct 12, 2012
    To help prove my claim that Vestra is the strongest sith in the present Galaxy, lets turn to this exchange between Vestra and Ship ( Page 423 Fate of the jedi Apocalypse)

"ship is that you?" - Vestra
    "such as I am. And entirely at your command, my master"- Ship
    "Then abeloth is truly dead?"- Vestra
    "As much as that is possible, yes"- Ship

If we look at this exchange, we can see that Ship, formally under Abeloth, is stating that she is dead and that now he is under Vestra control. Not only that be he addresses her as master, he has never done that before until now.we can further argue this point by knowing that "Ship sensed Khai's desire to be a Sith Master and offered to teach her in the ways of the dark side of the Force"(http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_(Sith_Meditation_Sphere)

13. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    In all honesty, Ship probably didn't go to the One Sith because they are actively hiding, keeping their presence (even in the Force I'm assuming) hidden. Krayt himself might even be in stasis at the time (don't know, haven't read FotJ, so I'm speculating).

And I don't think Krayt would let Vestara join him simply because her and Ship just disappearing would make the Jedi suspicious. Better to let run around like a lightning rod - sadly similar to another "Sith"we know.

14. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Ship has flip flopped on his opinion of The One Sith. He did reject them when he realized that they had no intention of immediately conquering the galaxy. That's when and why he found The Lost Tribe. By the the end of Apocalypse, he suddenly wants to take Vestara to The One? To take her to their hidey hole?

I think Ship has always had a kind of crush on Vestara. Ship comes off as kind of male. And she's got loads of Force potential. Ship just prefers her over other Sith is all. If Artoo and Threepio can be emotionally attached to the Skywalker/Solo's then Ship can experience a similar devotion to Vestara.

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It's obviously infused with Marka Ragnos's spirit and doesn't like the One Sith men but is okay with freaky tentacled she-monsters.

16. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Vestara the strongest Sith? [face_laugh] No I don't think so, especially because Krayt is currently alive and well. Ship also doesn't always go to the strongest darksider. Proof? It went to Vestara first, when Vol was alive. It went to Lumiya, when both Krayt and Vol were out there. And Abeloth has always been there during these incidents.

17. TheWiseJedi

Oct 12, 2012
    Though I can not argue that Vol was powerful or not ( since we only see him comfort abeloth and both times he loses)

Right, Ship went to Vestra because she was clearly stronger then Vol.And Ship is a training vessel. Ship can sense the power coming from her.Lets look at the quote.

" you seek to become a sith master. to harness the power of the dark side"- Ship to Vestra (fate of the jedi: Omen page 52)

Then we get this quote from lady rhea stating

"yours was the first mind ship contacted, Vestara.it was intrigued by you. far be it from the circle of lords to stand in the way of the decision made by such a construct." Lady rhea to Vestra ( Fate of the Jedi Omen page 112)

So going back to your statement that Vol was the strongest darksider, we can see that it is clearly false. Ship could of picked anyone on the planet, but it picked Vestara.

Ship talks about the One Sith as well, as we can see here

"the sith have been hunted. pushed back. almost destroyed. only a handful remain. I have seen them, the so- called one sith, and found them wanting." Ship talking to the those summoned by him on Kesh ( Fate of the jedi- Omen page 180)

So if he had known about the One sith, there existence and there longing for power, why did Ship stay with Vestara when Abeloth was destroyed? why not go find the One sith.. if he is alive and well. the answer is that he see's potential and power in Vestara, more power then he see's in the One Sith at this point in the timeline.

You state that abeloth has always been there right? Here is what happened to make Ship go to Abeloth as described by Vestara

"He was all but singing (ship), a devoted pet racing to his beloved master, following that call of the dark side energy" (Vestara describing the actions of ship when abeloth summoned him. Fate of the Jedi Omen page 272)

Abeloth was able to summon Ship because she called him using the dark side. What is unclear is what happen for this to occur. A theory would be that the stations that held her were destroyed at this point in time. Another would be that her release was at that moment, being she only comes out when the time is right.

18. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    None of those quotes say anything about Vestara being the strongest one on the Planet Kesh. They say Ship was intrigued by her desire for power. That she liked Vestara. That's based on her personality and her potential. Really you're completely misreading the quotes and seeing what you want to see. How does wanting something mean you're strong? Exactly, a Training Vessel. Those it picks are those it can teach.

Exactly. He see's potential. He see's the type of Sith Vestara is and the type of Sith that exist among the One Sith and likes Vestara better. That doesn't mean Vestara>Krayt, which is what you're saying and is extremely ridiculous.

Doesn't matter. Abeloth was in the galaxy. You're saying Ship goes to the strongest darksider in the galaxy. Abeloth was always there. If Ship does as you say it would've gone to Abeloth. And Abeloth was released when Centerpoint was destroyed.

Abeloth>Krayt>Vol>>>>Vestara.

And Vol was acknowledged by all, even Vestara, as the most powerful of the Lost Tribe. Trying to say that Vestara, before even the start of her training, was more powerful than Vol is again, ridiculous.

19. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Also it is just the opinion of one red veiny ball.

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Ship certainly does know about the One Sith - he was controlled by Lumiya during part of LotF (and she certainly knew) and Alema subsequently flew to Korriban in Ship to go visit them. Also, Ship was pursued by at least one high-ranking One Sith member after they blew up Lumiya's asteroid base.

My qustion though, is where is it/he taking Vestara at the end of Apocalypse - comments on other threads were strongly of the opinion that he was going to take her to the One Sith, dispite disparging them in "Omen"?

21. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Maybe Ship is transporting her to a new Sith faction we've never heard of before. A More Lost Tribe of the Sith.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I was thinking that exact thing but wasn't going to say it for fear of Del Rey making it come true.

23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    That was my opinion too - the Atlas does suggest that there are more lost groups of Sith existing, just as there are probably lost groups of Jedi somewhere about!

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There better be a lost tribe of Jedi out there if only to even things up. When's K'kruk going to show up?

25. TheWiseJedi

Oct 12, 2012

That is a very good question. The author leaves that one in the air for the readers to guess I would assume.

I guess the question would be: who does not know about the skywalkers?

I could say the same to you my friend that " you are completely misreading the quotes and seeing what you want to see" but how does that help prove you or me right. In any case I would assume that all of the Sith on Kesh would have desire to be in power, so Either Vestara shows it more.. or she is better off for ship to train. Ship picks the strongest students to teach... or it would have picked anyone on Kesh.

I do wounder if your basing your arguments on the comics, that depict this One Sith as powerful. Show me in the books where it demonstrates this power And I would concede that you are correct. Otherwise its just a opinion.

Can you quote me where it says that all, even Vestara, states that Vol is the most powerful? I would like to know the exact location of that... because that would put a bullet in my argument.. provide there is proof.

26. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Because you're saying one thing and then jumping to another. As I said, wanting power doesn't mean you're powerful. Being a strong student certainly doesn't make you're the strongest person on the planet, or in the galaxy, yet you're saying it does. There's no quote saying Vestara was the most powerful darksider in the galaxy.

I'm not talking about the One Sith, i'm talking about Darth Krayt and the comics are canon just like the novels, so i'm not sure how you're going to discount one or the other.

I don't have a copy of Omen, and am merely looking at the book on a website, so I can't give you pages.

"She recognized them all, of course. The Grand Lord Darish Vol, sitting upon an ornate throne of metal and glass, the staff of office clutched in a hand so gnarled with age that it resembled a claw. His robes were bright and colorful, appearing even more so in the multicolored light that came through the stained glass dome. Embroidery that must have taken tailors months to produce ran throughout the cloth. Lord Vol had permitted the hood to fall back, revealing a nearly bald pate. Once, he had been handsome, possibly as handsome as a Keshiri. Even now, he was impressive looking. His eyes, still bright with intelligence, shone intensely from a sunken face painted with the vor'shandi markings appropriate to the occasion. Vol was a striking, almost heavy presence in the Force; he was not the Grand Lord without reason. No one on this world was stronger in the Force than he.

Next to him on either side were seated the High Lords, two of whom were
    female and actually addressed as "Lady." They wore robes that were
    similar to the Grand Lord's, but slightly less ornate. Less powerful
    manipulators of the Force than Vol, they were nonetheless utter masters of
    it. Vestara recognized among their number Lord Takaris Yur, the Lord
    whose task it was to run the Sith Temple."

Ship seeks out students, not powerful force sensitives. Vestara herself noted this when it first appeared.

"The vessel had come for them. For younglings. For apprentices."