main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Syal and Myri Fan Club: "You must be so proud."

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by imiller, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Syal or Myri?

1. Syal

26.5%
  2. Myri

38.2%
  3. Both

35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I won a suicide pool at work two years in a row. I'm no longer on the invite list. Our office also participated in an 8k two summers ago. I beat everyone in our office, one guy hasn't so much as spoken to me since. Mostly I worry some guy will attack me while I'm jogging. I imagine some guy mad about a loss or not could hide in an empty passage way aboard the Errant Venture and attack Myri. Surely Wedge taught her some self defense moves, but you just never know when you'll get caught off guard.

2. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    2 blasters by dating age! Plus she kicks serious butt in Mercy Kill.

MiraxTerrik and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Still put yourself in Wedge's position. Would you want your daughter aboard a gambling establishment making her living? Come to think of it I wonder if Wedge could have chosen what his girls would do, what would he have chosen?

4. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Architect! I think Wedge is very supportive, as seen in "Roll of the Dice" and Mercy Kill. I think his worry in Fury was more about Myri being rich, not being in danger-though that could have been because of Syal's current position.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I wish I had gotten my hands on copy of Role of the Dice :(

6. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, there should always be some friendly person who is willing to share the Myri love :)

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I read Roll of the Dice! Makes me really want to read more Myri and Wedge. Or more of anything Antilles! I really loved their interaction and am now kinda sad, because as of now there's no future plans to continue their story.

8. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, Allston is pitching things according to Dragon Con reports.

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope it happens! Would also like Stackpole to write more - if only for the turns of phrase he puts into Corran's mouth (see Runjedirun's sig for an example)!

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Any runner should be able to relate to that line. I also like how Mirax always gets on Corran for leaving his clothes on the floor. Why do men do that? What he leaves out is Mirax complaining that he's drinking strait out of the juice container!

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Not only that line, but it saved typing out other examples!

Men are lazy, perhaps? Mind you, some females in my extended family have been known to do the same - albeit when they were teenagers!

Now that's not nice at all - unless either the container/juice is self-disinfecting (never can tell with these new varieties) or he drained it dry, it which case it wouldn't matter!

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, the best part of that line, is further into the paragraph he admits he's getting into last nights still wet and sweaty running clothes. That I'm sure he threw on the floor. That I have never done, does Luke Skywalker not enforce personal hygeine at his Jedi summer camp?

It's none of those, it's just more laziness!

I bet Wedge's wife and daughters don't have to pick up clothes off the floor and worry about how clean the juice is, or at least I'm choose to believe that.

13. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I personally think Myri's the messy one of the family. :)

14. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Wedge wouldn't dare! Iella would just give him one look, and he'd be all, 'Sorry dear, only did that because there was an emergency... Yep... Shall I do all the laundry now?'

I wonder if the girls ever shared a room?

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    At some point for a short period of time circumstances would have forced them to share a room. Perhaps at a vacation condo or something. However on an every day basis I am sure they had their own rooms. Wedge and Iella combined made more than enough to have enough space for that.

16. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I can just see them going through phases... Like Syal in Union, trying to give away her baby sister, but once they were both a bit older, they probably were really really close.

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My experience as a sister is that even when you are getting along there are still traits about your sibling that gnaw on your nerves.

18. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Isn't that true of everyone? From what Myri says in Mercy Kill, she does love Syal and is proud of her, but my guess is they don't spend much time together. Sadly.

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    No doubt they care for each other. I just wonder how competitive the are with one another and how that would effect how well the get along or work together.

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    With Miri trained to follow Iella's career path (and making a name, and income, for herself as a Sabacc player) and with Syal following in Wedge's footsteps, I doubt that there's that much for them to be competitive about (no Spoilers from Mercy Kill, please!)!

21. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Hi all!

I just finished reading Mercy Kill, and I think I have to back Myri. I mean, how can I not support someone named after Mirax? I've kind of hated that Mirax is now considered a Horn, and not part of the Antilles clan at all. I mean, really, it was Booster that taught Wedge a lot of his subversive thinking and general con man skills. I humbly petition for the inclusion of Booster and Mirax into the Antilles family.

The only thing I know about the girls besides what was in MK is what I've been reading on Wookiepedia.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Allston's LOTF books are the only books that give you Antilles siblings tidbits. The series is worth a read, when you finish the NJO. If you read DNT get them from the local library.

23. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Well, we know that Booster thought of Wedge like a son to him, and Wedge and Mirax are definitely siblings. So the Terrik's are definitely part of the Antilles' crew, which brings in the Horn kids as well.

MiraxTerrik likes this.
  24. Blackfish

Blackfish Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2012
    Oh hey! I had no idea such a fan club even existed!! Oooooo pick me pick me pick me!!!!
    I have pretty much adopted Myri Antilles because I so badly want to see more of her. But I didn't agree with Allston's portrayal of her as a pilot in Mercy Kill. I found it way too predictable. (I mean, c'mon! Just because she's Antilles?!) I would have liked her gambler/ Intel operative avatar from LotF to have been explored a bit more. I'd like her to be sassy and wicked. Syal is too much her father's daughter and i really feel for Tycho not having a kid in his interactions with her.

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey Blackfish! Myri having piloting skills is only natural, but I really like her other traits too! Sassy yes, but wicked? She's an Antilles she has to be good. And yea Tycho needs a tyke or two. I miss this thread, thanks for bringing it back up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.