main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    With characters like Londo Melari and G'kar, how can you not like it? ;) Third space was a good one and answered a few niggling questions for me about the Vorlons, near the end though, when you see the red eyes I couldn't help but think that possibly this was the direction that Kosh's replacement was headed with his fanaticism, or possibly was a tainted that escaped purge. [voice=Londo]Random thoughts I know, but still good. Yes?[/voice]

Did you get all seven movies or just the five pack? If you could the extra double disc movies, one is bleh the second is still good though.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I too am a big fan of B5, Star Trek and even both interations of Battlestar Galactica amongst other sci-fi type series. The relationship between G'Kar and Londo made that series though I enjoyed the political elements greatly as well. :D

As for posts and losing them. I usually let ideas simmer in my head for a day at least and then start to put them to electrons in a .txt file. Writing that out can sometimes take several days depending on how much there is and how many times I revise it. Then I copy it into a post here and revise it one final time before hitting submit. So fortunatly now I keep everything saved so barring a PC failure (which happened to me last year and I lost a post in progress) I am usually good.

Oh, and I tagged ya back Sith. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I know the Starfuries were some of the most aesthetically pleasing starfighters around.

Great posts, Mitth and Bardan. Mitth, if that was the replacement post, the original must have been sublime..

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I always wish they would have made more of a storyline with the Starfuries' second generation fighters (forgot the name of them).

Mitth, I have the five pack...I didn't know they have two others....what are they called?

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sith/Bardan: Thanks. The first I still feel was better. But I tried to reproduce it the best I could remember, there were a few turns of phrase I just couldn't recapture and the Rodian's dialogue got mangled as two other's were originally talking as well. They got cut as I couldn't recreate the dialogue to flow right without it merely being an excuse then to point them out. Who knows though, maybe it worked out better this way[face_relieved]

Bravo: Let me dig them out. Although to be honest if it weren't for you I never would of gotten so into this show. I had seen it a few times on reruns growing up and had a minor curiosity. And then you mention it favoriably and it grew just enough for me to buy a season for fifteen bucks, luckily I got my mom hooked on it as well so she kept a weathered eye out and bought me a couple more seasons for us to watch together as gifts. Then I kept going out. And was lost to it :p

There is the spin off Crusader that only got one season before being scrapped and suffered from the company interfearing with it, then there is the movie Legend of the Rangers a must see set in the between times after the shows. Kind of a 'future glance'. The dual movie pack that I was referencing is more like two extra episodes slapped together with the first being more meh with the second being a nice insight. It is called B5: The Lost Tales. So beyond the five pack there is also two 1/2 other movies and an extra spin off season. That I know about anyway. ;)

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, I think a penny has partially dropped. The Kingdom of Jod having all these termporal periods, is the reason why Lasso is still around in the New Republic era?

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Voyager was great. Just got done watching Firefly, I know, I'm behind the times, and that was pretty good show. I suppose my sci-fi nerdiness is limited to Star Wars and Star Trek. But hey, I'm willing to experiment.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, Star Trek: Voyager was my favourite of the franchise.

On Babylon 5, I came across an interesting little crossover with some kids show called Space Cases.

B5 had an episode ending with a teddy bear being jettisoned into space, and sliding down the outside of a Starfury cockpit. In the story, it was part of a merchandising exercise on the station, and had the J S initials of Captain John Sheridan, and he apparently did not take to it.

The bear was, in RL, bought for show creator J L Strazynski by the episode writer's wife, and she wasn't best pleased to see her gift floating away into space.

The writer, Peter David, was working on the above mentioned Space Cases show, about some space academy kids stranded in deep space, and one day they discover this teddy bear floating by, bring it on board, as you do, and while wondering "what kind of monster" could throw a teddy bear into space, discover that the thing is booby trapped!

An alien race called the Strazync are, on a limited budget, attacking other spacefarers.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No. Jim Palso is from the New Republic era. Jason Lasso is not. The termproal periods are to define the time difference between the Kingdom of Jod and the regular galaxy.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh sorry.

I was certain that the last "chapter update" had that New Republic exploration mentioning it was going to find Jason Lasso in an Imperial Remnant prison. My mistake.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You are correct about that Sith, yes. But remember, the chapter updates are a foreshadowing of events after the game in 22 ABY. It's the telling of the after effects of what we did in the game now, 0 BBY, and what our legacy was going to looking like in 22 ABY. Basically, the chapter updates give more in-depth details and information about the events now, just from the point of view of 22 ABY.

So, in the chapter updates, I am saying that Jason Lasso is alive. He survives the Intervention storyline. Hence why I need to know, generally speaking, if players and staff think or not their players will be alive in 22 ABY...in some shape or form...if not the physical body...if that makes sense without spoiling a storyline plot I have planned...

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    That just hurt my brain reading that Bravo.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    It hurts me everyday CPL. :p It's one of those complex Babylon 4 (the "lost station" in the Babylon 5 series) and Star Trek Voyager (the "Q" character and other time travel based episodes) timeline paradox's.

14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I like to view time as more of a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff. ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Posted. Finally. [face_relieved]That was a LONG post to write up. Plus all the research. Next post with Lasso will show an example of the PMs. I had to get him to the ruined temple first.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, my mom is having major surgery today, so I won't be getting to tags for a bit. Will be back intermitently for a while.

Thank you. Sorry. And see ya'll later.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Prayers out to your Mom and family. Don't worry about us here, take care of what is really important first. We will be here when you get back.

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Family first buddy. Like Jusik said, take care of what is really important first. Prayers headed your way.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, best of luck to your Mother. We hope all goes well.

Nice Lasso post, Bravo, but I wish you had not changed this bit, as I thought it looked good the first time:

"Yes, all those things are true. But he beleived in you," The man said, pointing a finger into Jason's chest, "And the rest of the Mercs to do what he could never do."

"What is that?"

"To join the Icecapades! Kidding! To fight injustice with justice. To fight lies with truth. And to fight darkness with light. Taller could never had done that and he knew it. He was too consumed by his hatred for the Empire. The deaths of the Emperor and Darth Vader would not end his grief and he knew it."

JediFalcon and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I hope your mom has a quick recovery Mitth prayers headed her way. [face_praying]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I struggled with that one too Sith. Off to homework, then I'll be back to check the game.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    "Taller could never had done that and he knew it. He was too consumed by his hatred for the Empire. The deaths of the Emperor and Darth Vader would not end his grief and he knew it."

"Well, it would depend how they died, wouldn't it? I mean, if Palpatine caught his balls in a threshing machine-"

"No! You are missing the point!"

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_rofl]

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, I found the post with the Merc jackets.

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Out of curiosity, Batgirl's costume was different from bat mans and that's because well the body is slightly different and for reasons.

[​IMG]