main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anyone else jumping off TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Oct 16, 2012.

?

What season do you want TCW to end with?

1. Season 5

10.9%
  2. Season 6

34.4%
  3. Season 7

20.3%
  4. Season 8

4.7%
  5. Season 9

1.6%
  6. Season 10 (NEVER END IT!!!)

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I've been a big fan of The Clone Wars. I've enjoyed almost every episode in it's four-season run so far.

But I've heard Dave Filoni has stated they're making Season 6 episodes now. Why? Season 5 was headed with "Who will fall?". We've got to be fairly close to ROTS now. Season 5 seemed like the perfect time to have 22 big episodes - no filler.

I feel like Season 6 is going too far - jumping the shark, if you will. And for this reason, Season 5 will be my last season. I only hope it ends with some semblance of finality.

Wondering how LACWAC feels about a Season 6? I, for one, would rather they begin a new animated show in a different time period than stretch out this show.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    We've known about season six for quiet sometime. Further than six is pushing it, but I'm fine with one more after this.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    My opinion:
    JUST END IT!

Brenapp, Sitara and Esg like this.
  4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I recommend starting a poll, asking members what season number to end at.

I'm fine with 6, 7 or even 8 as long as the quality is high. Another thing they could do is double back after reaching the point of ROTS with the main (ie. Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka/Rex/etc.) story and starting afresh at a point contemporaneous to S1 with a brand new story with purely original characters. They could even run this alongside the LAS.

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Added poll. :)

I would like to see a new time period, but that could be interesting. I mean, originally, The Clone Wars wasn't going to focus on Anakin Skywalker or Kenobi. They would make cameo appearances but it was going to be original characters. It'd be nice to actually see that.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd rather see a Season 6 than see them end the series with a unsatisfactory tie-in to ROTS.

That said, if they are going to do a Season 6, they need to have some idea of how they are going to wrap up the stories that don't appear in ROTS rather than doing an Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark and just making it up as they go along.

And I hope they'll respect Labyrinth of Evil in their wrap up. I can hope, right?

Apophis_ likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope the show never ends

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The original brief was for a show about the adventures of a Jedi Master and Padawan and a group of smugglers during the Clone Wars.

I can see why Lucasfilm decided to refocus the show on Anakin and his new Padawan, Obi-Wan, Padme and associated characters. I know of at least four viewers who were drawn to TCW by the presence of established film characters. They later became fans of slightly more obscure bits of the SW 'verse, but they needed these characters to lure them in. Particularly with the animation and scripts so clunky in the first season, it was almost essential to provide the grounding in the films for TCW to take off. Produced by a newly established studio like Lucasfilm Animation, a show following the original brief probably would not have got off the ground.

Lucasfilm Animation's work has improved dramatically since 2008. They could start a new series (which a retooled TCW would essentially be) and make it a success without the established characters and settings.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    As long as they maintain the current quality ([face_talk_hand] I know, I know) they can go on...and on...and on. Sure, it's uneven at times, but I enjoy TCW even if not every episode.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd end it with 7 or 8. It might be too soon to say for sure, but I just think Season 5 will leave a lot hanging regarding fates of characters and plot lines. And forcing all conclusions into Season 6 might be too much. A 7th season would give them additional time to flesh things out and not wrap everything up abruptly in Season 6. But I think 8 would be my limit. If the show went on past an 8th Season, I think I would stop watching. I was weary of a show that takes place during the Clone Wars to begin with. Sure, they can pull ideas out of a hat like bringing Maul back and say "haha! the audience didn't realize just how much happened during the Clone Wars, did they?" but that doesn't mean they should (IMO).

There are some things I'd like to see touched upon in the show and things I think they could do to build a solid bridge to ROTS and the OT, but they don't need to keep introducing new stuff just for the sake of keeping the conflict fresh. Let it run its course, tie up the loose ends that need to be addressed, and if Filoni and Lucas still have energy to continue to do Star Wars TV, then IMO by all means, but set it during a different time period and during a conflict that matters. The very fact that The Clone War is staged really hinders how much I can care about any given battle. Am I supposed to think "Oh yay! The Jedi won?"

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree. My first instinct is to just say "end it at the end of Season 5", but in fairness if it takes until the end of Season 6 to end it right I would go with that instead. Assuming of course they even have a hope left of doing it right anyway.

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Season 7 would be the best time to end it. Just in time for the 10th anniversary of the release of ROTS. It gives them time to start building up the fate of the characters now.

MistrX likes this.
  13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Honestly I don't know, and I probably won't until the end of Season 5 and where the characters stand. I do know that I want to see at least a Season 7, cramming developments into Season 6 is not going to work in their favor.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yes.:p

After all, they've got to win something before they're all but wiped out.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd feel like I'm one of those people that gives out a gold star, not because they accomplished anything, but because they're trying their best.

The Jedi won a battle that really doesn't lead to any long terms gains since it's all irrelevant? It's too bad bad that they are oblivious to Palpatine with his finger on the Order 66 button, but by God they get an A for their effort!

16. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    KEEP IT FOREVA!!!

or 10 seasons at least

then do animated series on post ROTS, and inbetween ANH and ESB. Not that I only want to see you all rage at your canon being ruined but I think its a good idea and distinct possibility.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm still enjoying the show. Its hard for me to pick. Realistically it should probably end at 6 but 7 is the lucky number. Go on with the role TCW was on from Umbara onward.

Spazmatron likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think they should end it at 6 and turn it into something else.

But...
    Filoni said at C6 that they haven't decided what will happen to Rex and Ahsoka yet. If that was late August and they were already in production with Season 6, I'm almost positive the show's going through Season 7.

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    IMO, Season 6 would be a nice ending point, I love the show but we get it, Anakin becomes Darth Vader, the Jedi all die, and Palpatine becomes the emperor. We've been banging on the prequel trilogy since 1999, move on to the imperial era or for once, beyond ROTJ. Though realistically, to wrap up Ventress and Ahsoka's story it will probably be up to Season 7. They've already confirmed that as well.

20. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    6 movies 6 seasons; has a nice ring to it for me. There's way too many loose ends for the show to be done this season, and with the next two prequels coming out in 3D next year it's a good time to be tying into RotS, in my mind anyway. But with that strategy...

eht13, Billy_Dee_Binks and DM99 like this.
  21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Season 6 or 7 sounds right to me.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    After talking to one of my friends yesterday (who is also a big Star Wars fan - well, sci-fi fan in general), I brought up "The Clone Wars". After hearing some of the ideas he'd like to see before the series is over, I'm more open to a Season 6, as there's no chance we'll get that in Season 5. I just hope they run with some good ideas, and don't run out of steam.

23. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As much as I enjoy the show, I think they should end it at Season 6-7, maybe 8. Though if they do go more than that, I won't complain. :D

24. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Dave Fillioni spoke in a recent interview about having recently written out his outline for how the series would end and the last season would be. When he showed it to George Lucas, he said he thought it was nice, but that they weren’t ending it any time soon. Since s6 is written and being animated, Dave and his team are probably writing s7, so I bet it was s7 he had outlined and showed to Lucas. If that’s true, then I think s9 will be the earliest stopping point they would consider now. Work on writing s8 will begin in a year, and that’s way to close in time to work with Georges comment.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Can you imagine what a good writer would achieve with the TCW Crew and possibilities?

[​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.