main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.3 - Front Runners - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 12, 2012.

1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I doubt this is the point they were making. But this just popped into my head. I wonder if, to Ahsoka, the relationship between them, that sibling-bond, is probably something she doesn't understand. The Jedi are, essentially, orphans. I wonder if it made her feel a little bit jealous? Perhaps Ahsoka interpreted, "He's my brother," as "He's my brother, so I have to go check on him. His feelings concern me, because we're really close like that." I think Anakin and Ahsoka have an unconventional relationship (duh), but I think the show is getting closer to the ramifications of this closeness they have.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the last 3 arcs of 4 count episodes. This one so far is simply the weakest. Its about on par with the "Water Wars" arc so far. I think the trouble is, this one is trying to be character driven (And character driven by a damn love triangle than the actual internal politics of the rebel group we only got at the end of the last episode) when it would serve it better to be plot driven or conflict driven. That means driven by the moral questions this episode setup early before flipping the switch. I have to say that with this episode, the more I think about it the more the campy part of it wears out, again like the "Water Wars" arc.

I'm pretty sure the revelation is setting up for sibling rivalry to bring in some more strife and conflict within the rebel group, given Saw's shattered pride at Steela being picked for leader to the group. Saw is such a tropy character. And probably also what QuangoFett said.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I think you guys are right regarding the sibling thing. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't supposed to be more to it, because of how they made it into this big surprise twist at the end.

4. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    You make some good points but the 'locals' don't seem pissed about the power because all we were shown were the celebrating ones. As usual with this show we're only seeing one side of things, and so far in this arc it's been quite blantent IMO. Also, I doubt it's common knowledge that the droids of Iziz need this power station to recharge, if for no other reason than the average person really doesn't pay much attention, at least for the typical human. Besides, how many other times have the droids relied on a land based power source? (I really don't know but I believe it's usually orbital)

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I disagree, this is way, way, way, did I say way, better than the Water Wars arc. There's no "WESA GONA BOMBA YOUSA", for one. I think this arc for me is about on pair with the Zygerria arc.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry, but I have to disagree here. This arc is by far not weak at all. In fact, its pretty strong on a scale that we haven't seen before. Here, were are getting a truer picture of rebellion, there tactics, what they accomplish and the lasting harm that they leave in order to achieve there objectives. This stuff is just too much to cover in a movie, and the EU broached the subject, but not with the intensity of this series. In these two episodes alone with two more left to finish the arc, we have several serious issues here: from Anakin and his willinginess to win attitude, to Obi and his more cautious approach, to Ashoka and her feelings towards Luks and the competition with Steela, to the issue of rebellion and the what effects it will have as they try to free themselves from one capture to maybe another. Remember the Vietnam War? First the French had it, then they fell then we went in an guess what, we didn't do so hot. (Well we did if we look at the fact that we killed more of them than they of us). But in that war you see how the French had Vietnam, lost it, then we tried to come in and they fought us. Steela and the Rebels will eventually fight the clones from the Repiblic becuase the Republic turnes into an Empire. Neat stuff if you ask me. Also, am I the only one that likes the Water War series? I thought they were a pretty damn action pack intro into season 4.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Unfortunately, I must agree that so far this arc is on par with Mon Cala.

DM99 likes this.
  8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I loved the Mon Cal arc. Then again, there's not an episode of Clone Wars that I don't love. I'm one of those chaps.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I certainly didn't love it, but I don't think the Mon Cala arc is horrible either. Come to think of it, this is probably actually worse so far...

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I feel like the last episode definitely was disappointing but we got another 2 episodes of this and we can only hope it can improve on the last episode.

The Mon Cala arc was average to me, nothing too special but at the same time nothing too bad or vomit inducing as well.

11. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The only intensity I felt was during a bowel movement.

13. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Mon Cala arc was nothing compared to this. The detailed tactics, training, new characters, and dialogue are much better. Mon Cala had a better villain (so far) but that's about it. I'll take Steela, Lux, and Brodude McRebelson over...Lee-char.

Oh yeah, and Gungans.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The only tactics I saw in this episode were bad bowling techniques and even worse ways of dealing with droid power supplies.

15. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Well it's better than seeing two blobs of fishpeople aimlessly swim and shoot at each other. Better than ineffectual giant jellyfish which can be outsmarted by people swimming above them.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Most things are better than that. This is only marginally better

Inblackestnight likes this.
  17. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    That movie was very weird. How there was any kind of interest for the exact same story of the christopher reeve movie? The only difference was the child and a sluty lois lane which gives a birth without beeing married.

I yawned at the end. but the italian guy playing supiman was hell looking good.

LOL

18. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Because her Brother was a woman i have heard.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This is no Slaves of Zygeria arc, this is poodoo of Mos Eisley.

20. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    2 down 2 to go. There is much that can be improved upon in this arc IMO but even with 2 more eps I'm not sure they'll quite reach that goal. Throwing in CIS gunships and and a new droid general are all well and good but I doubt there are any plot twists coming that will be both unpredictable and make sense to the story. However, if this famous line is included somewhere I may be inspired to rethink that [face_praying]

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^I think that Kallani or some droid may use that line.

This arc is not yet ended so I cannot yet compare this to Mon Cal- that had quite disappointing ending but I liked the way TCW portrayed Mon Cala- while lack of Tikkes was a major con.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed. As a Tikkes fan, the lack of him in it kinda ruined it for me.

But Onderon unlike Mon Calamari feels that the payoff will be in the final episode of the arc. Even if Tikkes was not in The S4 premiere, each Moncal episode had an episodic resolve kinda. But Onderon does not have any episodic resolve, it feels like the resolve will be only in the end of the arc. With 2 episodes still not aired, it is not clear if this arc will be a dud or it will redeem itself.

About Kalani - I wonder who will voice him and if that line is said how would it sound.

23. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    i think its time to open the Soft War thread.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I wish this entire arc had appeared as two double-features, so we can move on.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Or compress the first two episods into one so we could have a better episode and move closer to a possible climax.

Inblackestnight and Valairy Scot like this.