main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Oh I don't mean anything extreme. Best way I can explain it is by definition for the word:

to squeeze or crush; crunch: to mush all the candy together in a sticky ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, I see. That's not the definition we use. This is all about romance and warm fuzzy feelings.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Okay. Just wanted to make sure exactly what you guys were looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd suggest looking through the archives but the links are for the old boards. It's not hard to fix but it's a hassle. All Monday Mush Mania fics have 'MMM' in the title so you can look through the fanfic boards for that, which might be easier.

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Of course there are some situations that are easier to write mush for, but I think having a challenge to put mush in unexpected situations. Though my definition of mush isn't necessarily romantic... anything where characters can express any form of love, be it familial, friendship, or romantic is what I call mush... so the broadened definition makes it easier to fit in.

Hm... mush with a violent nature though... starts contemplating.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Violent mush... I've written a mush story with violence and zombies in it and everything but the sex. So, violence and mush can work well. Though, I'm still not sure what I'll do for this challenge...

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, btw, that secondary challenge to keep it under 10,000 characters... is that with or without spaces?

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    With spaces. I think posts were truncated with spaces counting as a character so I'll go with that.

And to clarify, yes, mush doesn't have to be romantic. Family mush is great as is just friends mush. I'm not sure I can think of violence as being mushy though, but if you want to prove me wrong then please do.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    It could work if that's how the characters expressed their love. e.g. Yuuzhan Vong. XD walks away slowly from that

Anyway I got an idea for this, just need to figure out how to fit the challenge into it.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Squeezing and crushing? Now that is an interesting way of looking at mush. [face_thinking] But as has already been said, Monday Mush is more of the ooey-gooey sentimentality variety.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm all for mushing all the characters together in a sticky ball.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Y'know, we've never had Yuuzhan Vong mush before. I don't know enough about them to write it myself, but I'd be interested in reading it.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing either, but there's plenty of time. I'm tempted to make some new OCs for the challenge, it'd certainly add an extra bit of newness to it. [face_thinking]

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Glad to see a new MMM challenge up! I'll have to see what I can do and get it written before NaNoWriMo starts. :D

We were told 10,000 by the guy from IGN, but it does seem like less on some posts. Luckily, post-move posts aren't affected by this cause that might make for some short stories. ;)

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hm. Last night, I was looking through some unfinished vignettes I wrote before I started on the Dear Diary Challenge, and one of them seems usable. Though, if I use it, it'll end up being more of the friendly mush type, which is fine by me. I need to be in a certain mood to write the steamier side of mush. ;)

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    mavjade: I'm glad it's back too. What with my ill health and the move it's been far too long!

This is true. I often have bouts of silliness, and this was one of them. It's like some sort of time warp challenge, knowing your post will be cut off at a character limit so limiting it to make sure it doesn't get cut off as if this was posted before the move. Or something.

Yes, I'm weird, I know I'm weird, so let's all dance! [face_dancing]

TrakNar: Any kind of mush is good here! Some of my mush has been friendly mush, and it's always good to have variety.

And now, [face_coffee]

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_tee_hee] CmdrMitthrawnuruodo and TrakNar, you both have inspired me. Watch out November 5th. [face_tee_hee]

Oh my, and my son has added fuel to the fire... beware of flying carrots.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh goody! I can't wait! :D

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Look forward to it.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar: colour me excited! :D

I still need to think of something. :oops:

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I got something written but then i totally forgot about the "new" part of the challenge. Now I have to figure out how to add that in without it feeling forced. *bangs head*

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    This is SW, use the Force, Cmdr, use it with abandon. :p

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Lol. I'll figure something out, I got til Nov 5th

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh yeah, that's right, the "new" part. Well, the old story that I'm thinking of using will be new to you guys! :p Though, its underlying themes pertain to new something, so I guess it'll still work.

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd like to point out that the challenge, as always, is optional. If you can write something that fits it then yay! If not, don't worry about it. Just as long as it's mushy and is posted on the day then it can be counted as Monday Mush Mania! :)

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So excited about this! Is it open to NSWFF?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.