main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU characters you really dislike

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Yay Allston!

Callista, Akanah (sp?). Caedus. (I used to love Jacen; in the Corellian trilogy and HoT (which was about, what, a page?).

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Starkiller... whatever his real name may be.
    I just can't accept his part in Star Wars, because he seems unhumanly strong and unrealistic to me *shrugs*

Natasi Daala is also on the list, she is... such an unsymphatic character. She enslaved people and she murdered people without any remorse. Why she is actually "elected" Chief of State later is beyond me..

kalzeth, Davak24 and Adalia-Durron like this.
  3. Agada Vata

Agada Vata Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2012
    I'm not well-versed enough in the EU (outside my little bubble, that is) to have much of an enemies list-- and believe me, if I was, it would be SUCH a list-- but:

Vilim Disra, for essentially killing the guy who I like to think of as Space Oscar Wilde (it makes sense inside my head). I mean, I know you're a load of baddies and all, but who does that!?
    And Josef Grunger, even though objectively speaking he was doing the whole galaxy a great big favour. Also, I've never known a Josef-with-an-F that I liked.

4. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Jagged Fel. Dude's always annoyed me. Not much more to say.

Natasi Daala. Though i'm pretty sure i'm supposed to hate her, as she has no redeeming qualities. A war criminal with an unnatural hatred for the Jedi who somehow became Chief of State. :confused:She reminds me of when Lex Luthor became President, in that it was very obvious that person should never have been in that position.

Jaina Solo. And I liked her so much in YJK, but NJO killed the character for me, then we went into DNT *shudders*

Ben Skywalker. This kid...since DNT I haven't liked him, and the way he followed Jacen around in LOTF didn't do anything to improve my opinion of him. I found FOTJ painful to read at times when he was mentioned. He's supposed to be a Jedi Knight, not a love struck teen.

I hate Tahiri as she's been written since the end of NJO.

5. Lando Carmello

Lando Carmello Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Daala
    Rosh Penin
    TOR Jedi Council, it should had been muchmore diverse
    Skadge awesome charcter with little backstory

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Halagan

Halagan Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2012
    I don't really dislike any of the characters I know. Maybe it's because I haven't read the LOTF or FOTJ novels, hehe. I'll probably get to them in the near future, so that can change. I'm not anxious, though.

Errrm... On second thought, I can't really put up with Corran Horn when written by Stackpole. He's a really really great character when written by anybody else, like, of course, Allston, but in novels like I, Jedi or the Dark Tide duology he's too much of a Mary Sue for me. It bugs me how when Corran argues about something with Luke in these books he ends always being right. Or a misunderstood martyr who chooses to sarifice himself and bear the whole weight of the Galaxy over his poor shoulders.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  7. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Better hide before Sey finds out ;)

But I sort of agree with you - though I think I, Jedi actually shows Corran both being more flawed and growing more than the X-Wing novels.

zarkinfrood and s65horsey like this.
  8. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Jason Solo/Darth Caedus; Reason, he killd Mara, and she is one of my favorite Jedi. The books paint him like a hero as a Jedi, but I think he is very much less. I love Anakin and Jaina. I think Jaina is the star that shines the brightest out of the Solo children.

:)

Ryus, lukemaraben and imiller like this.
  9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Jag Fel, Fey'lya, Daala, Callista,

Captain Cardboard was my idea to begin with. Been calling him that for years.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Callista.....damn she annoyed me.

Katana_Sundancer and JediFalcon like this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Can't be with Luke because she no longer could touch the Force and he gave her his heart? Yeah she annoyed me to no end [face_plain]

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So wanted to slap the woman......not just once. So weak and pathetic.....poor me, I cant be with you because poor me.... Seriously? o_O

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    He didn't care she was Force sensitive either. Luke was seriously hurt from how it ended. I wanted to slap her so many times. I find ways to exploit those I hate in humilating ways in fanfics.

Bosky ends up being shaved and dyed in nauseating colors :p

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, if it helps whatsoever, she gets eaten by the incarnation of Chaos.

And Luke has to kill her.

And even that heartbreak doesn't stop the said incarnation of Chaos.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She deserved it......sorry, harsh but true.

zarkinfrood and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Honey I started that list! ;)

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Well...Callista had potential really. They just had to squander it for the SAKE OF DRAMA!! (TM)

As much as I like Mara, I saw the potential in Luke/Callista...until the problems that Addie and Falcon have with it popped up.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    she was NEVER strong enough in herself...the self doubt and 'not good enough' attitude would have driven him mad.......no, he needed someone who wasnt afraid of him.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Like I said potential;)

Obviously they ruined said potential (in the character herself, not the way she was written).

Then again, I much prefer Mara soooo....:p

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, but I think even Mara lost her 'edge' when she married...that mushy stuff just didnt ring true for me...

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Seems Luke calmed her down. But they were still afraid of Mara on some level.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    But she wasnt scary to me anymore. I would expect her to not get mushy......be more like ........strides into room. "I'm going to bed in 10 mins, be there and be ready or else." :p [face_nail_biting][face_tee_hee]

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Luke calmed her down. Yeah she kind of got mushy and lost her edge. It's a shame too.

24. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    There are quite a few on my list: K'Kruhk, Cade Skywalker, Saba, Akanah, Kyle Katarn, Daala, Lumiya, Allana, Jacen, Lomi Plo, and Nom Anor.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Nom Anor also made my list. He annoyed me to no end.

Master Krell is another in the clone wars. I hated him wanted to do nothing more then throttle him for playing around with the Clone troopers like he did.

Rex had enough guts to put the fight to a stop and they arrested Krell and shot him in the back for treason. I love Rex, he turned into one of my favorites.

Inblackestnight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.