main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Geriatric Ward, Epsiode VI - Return of the Green Jello

Discussion in 'Community' started by GIMER, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    crawls out of her room...

why didn't anyone feed me?

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Hands Addie a tray of food.

enjoy

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey, an Addie sighting! Hi, Addie!

I can't remember when I had a tray of food brought to my room! :p

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You never asked :p

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, yeah, I forgot. Well, I saw the doctor today and I have COPD!!! I have to use two different inhalers at least twice each every day! And my lungs are 20 years older than my physical age! :_|

I lived in smoggy SoCal for 30 years and I've had bronchitis every year for the last 15 years, so the damage has been culmulative (sp?).

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats terrible Sami! :( But they have a treatment, so that's good isn't it?

FOOD!!

Gobbles......

Yeah, I'm still around, hang out at the Expanded Universe mostly these days, hey Falcon. It's where Kyp is often sighted....so makes sense for me to be near him! :D

7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, but the treatment is almost as bad as the disease. I've survived worse, tho. The big warning on the inhalers is: Brush teeth or rinse out mouth immediately after use to avoid a mouth infection. Really!

I'll have to check out the EU.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thats awful Sami :(

My new icon is speaking for itself they're that close to the world series game. Bottom of the eighth, Tigers in the lead 8 to 1 whoooooooo they just scored and the crowd goes wild :D

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, well, that's life.

I'm rooting for the SF Giants. They're playing the Cardinals; the Cardinals are up one game so far. They've played 3 out of 7. Giants are in a 'have-to win' scenario.

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Yankees are batting at the top of the ninth, two are out, one to go and the Tigers have this bagged

And it's bagged [face_dancing] The Tigers advance to the World Series :D

11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Lincecum looks like a girl in need a small facial shave :p needs a hair cut too :p

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh holy ****.

I'm scared now. I've had bronchitis at least once a year, often twice, for the past 4-5 years, and before then I still got it more often than the average person. I almost laugh when I hear people say, "yeah, I had bronchitis once." Once? Really? What's this "once" phenomenon of which you speak? Last year I had pneumonia and then was diagnosed with a reactive airway and "asthmatic bronchitis" a couple of months later; I keep an inhaler with me year-round but use it "as needed." Charlotte isn't LA by any means but the air quality here is total crap in the warm months.

Anyway...ack, that sucks for you. :( Take care of yourself.

14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    We can't catch a break. Last night my dad's sister(and oldest remaining sibling since his brother was killed in the fire last month) had to be put in the hospital for an infection and then this evening, my cousin(the one just under me in age and also on my dad's side of the family) went to the hospital because he was passing blood and is spending the night in the ICU receiving blood.

Sami, sorry to hear that you have COPD. :( [:D] I've had bronchitis a handful of times and every now and then I'll have a bit of trouble breathing for a couple minutes and sometimes it feels like a bunch of fluid suddenly appeared in my lungs. Not sure what asthma feels like but I guess that is what it feels like. I chalk that up to all the years that I smoked before quitting.

Falcon, Sami the Giants are going to lose tonight and tomorrow and the World Series is going to be a repeat of 2006 with the Tigers losing to the Cardinals.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    More sport talk here too!?! Good lord, whatever happened to the SW Talk?

Do Sami, I know I'd love to see you over there....I see DG and Falcon all the time.....need new scenery! ;) :p

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    So the Giants still have one more chance to come back. I thought the Cardinals were on the verge of sweeping the Giants like the Tigers did with NY.

DG: Have you ever known any St. Louis team to beat Detroit the same way twice? I'm thinking Blues and Wings. Nope, didn't think so.

Just because they lost to the Cardinals six years ago, doesn't guarantee they'll beat them a second time.

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Ah, but the Blues have knocked Detroit out of the playoffs twice.

1984 -- defeated Detroit, 3-1, Norris Division semifinals
    1991 -- defeated Detroit, 4-3, Norris Division semifinals(the 85/86 season they changed from the best of 5 games to the best of 7 games)

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two lucky shots. Nothing more.

19. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Well you said that it never happened. :p

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I said it didn't happen often.

It's rare to see something like that happen. Usually the other team comes back with a vengence.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    There's soccer on TV here....does that count?

22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks for the well wishes, guys and gals. I need to buy an air purifier for my room.

DG,

Hope your relatives all recover from their current troubles. When you get health insurance again, have a lung function test done. The earlier they catch COPD, the better the outcome.

I watched most of the game last night--Giants didn't do well at all. Threw away several chances to score runs.

They have to win tonight or it's all over. [face_nail_biting]

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    The Giants are going to the World Series!!! GO GIANTS!!! Also upping this thread.

24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Update on my move: taking home more boxes today. Already ran out of boxes and I still have to pack my bookcase and my computer desk.

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    How many boxes have you packed already?