main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SCOUNDRELS - New Han Solo book written by Timothy Zahn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kypsolo, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I liked it, but it really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. The new characters seemed interesting, though. I'm not sure I totally trust Eanjer. Seems to me he is holding something back. Or maybe I'm just guessing since nothing is ever so simple in a Zahn book.

WynnDorvan likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait for this novel. All of Zahn's works are good. I just hope they come up with a satisfactory reason for Han and Lando teaming up after Rebel Dawn but before Episode 5

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Of course, suspect the one non-Chewie alien.:p

4. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Um, he's a white human. Is it still wrong to suspect him? I don't want to be accused of anything...[face_nail_biting]

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait, isn't he the Balosar? The one on the cover?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's Zerba Cher'dak.

6. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    WUKKAR!

Wukkar, Wukkar, Wukkar!

::::Does a little Snoopy jig::::

7. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I just finished it and without giving away any spoilers, I can say it was pretty good. Zahn can write Han very well.

Everything they say about not needing to know anything other then movies is true too, there weren't any big references (that I noticed at least) to other EU stories (kind of reminded me of reading the Thrawn trilogy), just a couple hear and there.

10/10 for Scoundrels.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to TFN Main, it's been delayed til Jan 1 2013. Looks like that applies to all of RH's books due on Dec 26, not just this one.

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Zahn hits more thna he misses, and this era should be gold. does anyone know the exact year this takes place? Is it B.B.Y?

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    From preview it should be just a few weeks after Yavin.

11. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    This book seems really fun I got the Choices of One PB and a preview of Scoundrels is in the back.

The essential reader was out today as well, and it's very heavy, well done, and extensive but I expected a larger volume and bigger pictures. Vindicated though, Tendra is a white girl. Gorgeous on too.

12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    so luke will not be in this novel at all, right? Lando, Chewie, and Han are the main characters.?

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Seems to be the case, yeah.

14. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    It's pretty interesting reading through the thread now, and seeing everyone guesses about the book. Some of you are very close, while others are, well, not so close.

15. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    can you expound a little on that? I take it you have already read it?

16. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Yep, I've read it. Got an advance readers copy at Celebration VI.

Without giving away any of the main story points (for those of you that don't want any spoilers, don't read ahead at all. What I think of as main story points could be different then others):
    • Like you asked earlier, there is no Luke (except from a brief mention).
    • Han is trying to raise money after losing his reward from the Rebels to pirates.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    From Twitter: Scoundrels will feature excerpts from Crucible and the Dawn of the Jedi novel, Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. :D

EDIT: I guess this should really go in those book's threads...

18. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I got an ARC from CVI too. I started to read it, got to about chapter 2 or 3, then things happened to where I didn't have time to read much. One of these days I'll get back to it.

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Scoundrels will feature excerpts from Crucible and the Dawn of the Jedi novel, Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. :D
    hmnn. this makes me happy

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Has this been delayed again...? I just had an email from Amazon UK that it's not out until Feb 8th. :(

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Feb 8? I'm still waiting for a decent price on Amazon, I'm not paying £15 for a hardback - I don't care who it's by!

22. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Out of curiosity, have you read the early Marvel comics? If so, how does it gel with that? Does it take place right after ANH?

EDIT: Doh, ignore this. Long day, I read your second bullet point back... but do tell, is Captain Short shorts explicitly mentioned? Zahn mentioning Crimson Jack would make my year.

23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    What about Leia? I know she's mentioned from the Chapter 2 excerpt I read online, but does she make an appearance at all?

24. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002

Wraith Squadron doesn't exist. The Wraiths themselves do.

25. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not sure on this, I'll dig through the book and let you know.

Nope, no Leia. Han and Winter just think about and mention her a few times throughout the book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.