main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anyone else jumping off TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Oct 16, 2012.

?

What season do you want TCW to end with?

1. Season 5

10.9%
  2. Season 6

34.4%
  3. Season 7

20.3%
  4. Season 8

4.7%
  5. Season 9

1.6%
  6. Season 10 (NEVER END IT!!!)

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I have personally separated the timeline into two Star Wars universes: "George's universe" (The saga and TCW trumps EU), and the "greater EU" (The saga and the EU trumps TCW).

It's much simpler that way, and I haven't been annoyed by recent episodes. For instance, Adi Gallia's death didn't bother me at all, as it only affects "George's universe".

2. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    No six seasons is perfect because they're so many loose ends that the Clone Wars as to fill up along with telling new stories. Season 5 and Six are the seasons where the consequences of the actions of people earlier in the show will be shown and that takes more than one season to do it. If Darth Maul didn't come back 5 seasons would have been enough for me but I feel we need at least a 6th season to truly round up the Clone Wars and maybe a 7th season post Revenge of the Sith.

3. Ferus Olin

Oct 2, 2012
    I personally take all the EU I can unless it directly contradicts with the actually movies, any show that George Lucas has produced concerning Star Wars or any statements that GL has made that contradicts the EU. I think TCW has done a very good job at not making too many EU retcons because the Clone Wars is convoluted place in terms of comics and novels. Also Star Wars has never needed a complete reboot yet they're still so many stories being made about it which I find amazing.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, didn't mean to imply that no EU is canon, just that not all EU is canon.

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, yeah, we're not DC. ;)

Yeah, my solution isn't perfect, but it means I can watch this show without growing a tumor every time something contradicts the EU.

And I don't think the Clone Wars (2002-2005) run of EU stuff was convoluted. You know what's convoluted? Putting the "Slaves of the Republic" arc in the middle of Season 1 episodes! Why the hell did Leland Chee think that was a good idea?

6. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Still lots more for them to cover, including the battles leading up to ROTS, Grievous kidnapping Palpatine and alternate view of events during ROTS.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    We've already seen the kidnapping twice

We don't need a retelling or TCW butchery

8. Mazada Low'man

Mazada Low'man Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2012
    I don't know about more seasons, it depends on the story lines...

9. Ferus Olin

Oct 2, 2012
    Season 4

10. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    Didn't read through the whole thread but I'd like season 6 to take us up to RotS and season 7 to show us the fall out and wrap things up.

11. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Huh?

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He did?!

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I never liked the three year timeline. It never made sense to me. I mean, the characters seem so much older, and that includes all of them. And based on everyone's age appearances in the OT, AOTC and ROTS would make sense if they were ten years apart.

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
  15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    They seemed much older? But the actors were all literally three years older. :p

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Obi-Wan had dark brown hair with white in it in ROTS, when it was bright in AOTC. To me that sounds like Lucas saying a long time had passed.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    No, that's the stress of a billions of life costing war. The official position of Lucas and LFL is the war is three years, no matter what you're reading in to.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This guy Leland knows about as much as we do. Nada! Nada...damn...thing!

19. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Six seasons and a movie!

20. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    We haven't seen it...they haven't shown it in the movies or series yet - TCW would be the perfect place to show it, would look absolutely stunning with the 3D animation by these final seasons - not to mention it would be a perfect lead in to ROTS. To not show it would be a mistake.

Darth Vader likes this.
  21. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    One year in Star Wars universe is 368 days long. And 1 week = 5 days.

---> http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Standard_Calendar

And we have to remember that travel through Hyperspace is not that fast as we could think.

To all in favor of longer Clone Wars:
    If they will say that Clone Wars was longer than 3 years I will just quit from Star Wars - I will stop buying books, comic books, Blu Rays and everything. When I paid for EU (all the books, albums, guides) they said it's canon - thats why I bought them. Some stupid tv show for kids (which I enjoy sometimes) is not going to change how I view this universe. And I have no respect for Lucas for what he is doing with EU: he took our (and mine) money (EU) and now he is just laughing in our faces after taking many things from Expanded Universe (Asajj, Dathomir, Onderon etc) but ruining other things in this show. (sorry for clumsy english, it's not my first language)

EUdiscoverer1136, JackG and Zeta1127 like this.
  22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

Have you seen the Clone wars microseries?

23. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes, yes we have seen it. It was lengthily depicted in the Labyrinth of Evil novel, and visually shown on-screen in the micro-series prior to the original release of Revenge of the Sith. There's truly no need for yet another take on the same situation. More on the larger Battle of Coruscant would be perfectly welcome, as the novel Order 66 took on, but not the kidnapping of Palpatine. We have seen it, and we don't need to again.

Esg and Apophis_ like this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    But we probably will see it lol

ArrogantJedi likes this.
  25. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Everybody knows what the official stance is.

Seerow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.