main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What was Palpatine's home planet?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't remember the movies saying where he was born or where he came from and grew up in. Did they say it anywhere?

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    His home planet is Naboo

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    TPM answers this :p

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yep it's Naboo

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't find one big enough. He's the Senator of Naboo. You wouldn't get the Queen of England to represent Russia.

Zer0 and Yunners like this.
  6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How do we know Palpatine wasn't born on another planet and moved there later on? Do senators in star wars have to come from their home planet?

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I wonder if the Plagueis novel gives us any further information about this? For instance Senators in the United States need not have been born in the USA and only have to reside there for 9 years to obtain the legal right to run for that office.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah, that's kind of interesting. Palpatine may have been born somewhere else, and moved to Naboo and became senator there later on. After all, he's a mysterious evil character. The politics of Star wars aren't clear enough. So, no one is sure is a SW senator has to come from the planet they were born in/were raised in.

9. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    If we are counting the EU I'd suggest that it narrows it down. Wild Space for instance has a scene where Palpatine talks about how he was a speeder racer on Naboo when he was younger. I bet there are other little tidbits around that narrow things down as well.

Without the EU the sky is the limit I'd say.

10. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I think it was most likely Naboo.

12. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    all references say that Palpatine was born on Naboo

(and Plagueis isn't more or less gospal than any other EU material out there, it's just the latest in a line of novels)

"I haven't run since I was a small boy on Naboo"

13. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    House of Palpatine is a noble family in Naboo.

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't remember the House of Palpatine being in the movies.

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Who said it was?

Its just a natural location for material about Palaptine to appear. And it also answers the question unless one doesn't count that as a source - in which case there is then no answer to the question.

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    It was in the Plagueis novel. But there nothing in the movies that states other wise

17. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    it isn't

Neither am I a fan of the EU (I could go on a long loong tirade on why don't, but for respect for those that do read it I won't)

but since EU is all we have, then it's a safe conclusion that he is from Naboo, if he wasn't I'm sure a point of it would be made somewhere in the movies or in the deleted scenes,

or what Tee said :p

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    You know I approached this conversation very carefully. I wasn't trying to put down anyone who doesn't like to read the EU, I just wanted to suggest that a potential answer could appear there. Thats all.

If someone is looking only at the films then that information from the EU need not be considered.

I'd like to think that the EU could be a part of the discusson here without the need to give an opinion on if it is good or not.

19. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    that was my point the answer is there..

the answer being Naboo,

whether it's from the films or EU, it's heavily implied it's Naboo :p

whether one likes the EU or not

oh and EU can be disscussed here as part of someones answer, but it doesn't need to be taken as THE answer if you disagree,

so if you want to believe PALPS is from Kashyyk and was a very short wookiee who shaved his hair off you're free to believe that.

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    As he was the Senator from Naboo, I think it's safe to say he was raised on Naboo.

Sistros likes this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He's a Naboobian.

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    [face_alien] I guess it makes sense now.

23. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    An other question that comes to mind is, what is Palpatines midi count?
    From what is said in the PT it seems that newborn babies have their blood tested soon after birth and if the midi conc. is high enough then a message is sent to the Jedi. So if Palpatine was born in on Naboo then it is likely that he had the same test done on him.
    If the number is high, which also is likely, then the Jedi would have come calling.
    Sure it is possible that his parents did not want to let him go but what do the Jedi do with children that have very high midi counts but that aren't trained?
    Anakin could tap into the Force even without any training so could other people with high conc do something similar?

In all it makes it possible and even likely that the Jedi knew that Palpatine had a high midi count.

Bye for now.
    Blackboard Monitor

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think in Darth Plagueis it is made clear that Palpatine's abilities are not known about by the Jedi. Plagueis himself thinks Palpatine has somehow hidden it, from birth.

Alternative possibility- his father made sure he wasn't tested.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Good question about Palpatine's midichlorian count. George Lucas said that if Anakin Skywalker never got burned, disfigured, and put in the robot suit, he would have been twice as powerful as the emperor, but, in the samurai suit, anakin was 80% as powerful as the emperor. So, darth vader, in the original trilogy, has 80% power as the emperor, probably due to midichlorians being lost when obi wan cut of his arm and legs. It's kind of hard to do the math of the rest of this.

I don't know what Anakin's midichlorians were at birth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.