main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bounty Hunters

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Do you guys think IG-88, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss will appear in TCW? The other ESB bounty hunters already have.

2. Mackinder-Brzezinski

Mackinder-Brzezinski Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I honestly don't care. They can make fine original Bounty Hunters.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd prefer they didn't. I'm not against it on principle just as I wasn't Greedo or Dengar, but they didn't do pull those off too well in my view so I fear they wouldn't pull the others off well either. The only example like this I think they did well was Bossk. Using him a lot has really developed his character IMO.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Agreed. I say more original characters and lets reuse the real Rako Hardeen.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Whether or not they SHOULD appear, WILL they appear?

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Probably.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    TCW doesn't need anymore bounty hunters. They are so overused!

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Rewind the clock back to Season 2 and I would have been up for seeing Zuckuss or Bossk or one of the ESB Bounty Hunters. But after seeing Bossk, Boba Fett and Dengar, I really don't want to see IG-88, Zuckuss or 4-LOM, just because the scene in ESB doesn't need to turn into a TCW Bounty Hunter reunion, and because every character of any prominence in the OT doesn't have to be established in TCW. It's not like every officer during the Vietnam War also participated in the Korean War. Bossk might have been established during TCW, but perhaps Zuckuss had only been established for 10 years, and maybe IG-88 had only rolled off the assembly line a matter of months before ESB. They don't all have to be TCW All-stars.

Valairy Scot and Inblackestnight like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    EU aside, I'm pretty sure IG-88 is a CIS droid.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    That would be the obvious course that they could take him if they were re-booting his origins. Like he could be one of the newer droid prototypes similar to how Kalani is an advanced tactical droid. Trying to establish how a CIS droid goes rogue and turns to a life of bounty hunting might be a little much to dive into and veering too far away from any other story lines.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would rather have them bring back bounty hunters from previous seasons, like Bric and El-Les (why haven't we seen them again?)

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Anything would be better then "Therefore I Am". "Therefore I Am" is sci-fi cliche, a Terminator rip-off, and should not have gotten past the Sith.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If Clovis can come back, anyone can, I wouldn't count them out for the future.

14. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    They've already had a predocessor to IG-88, the IG-86 I believe, so that's good enough for him IMO. I never really cared for Zuckuss and 4-LOM, though I did like them a bit more after reading Tales... On the other hand I would very much like to see people from Zuckuss's species in TCW; I find them interesting enough for a small exposition.
    This is pretty much my opinion as well, though I was very much against them using Dengar in TCW. Their track record for using OT characters hasn't instilled much faith in their ability to continue doing so.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I say yes to IG-88 for the sake of overwriting "Therefore I Am". Or maybe the EU, a reference book, an article, or an interview could overwrite it.

16. Inblackestnight

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm not too fond of Therefor I Am either, certainly not as much as a couple other short-stories in that book, such as the one with Dengar, but I'd still rather they leave OT stuff well-enough alone. Even if IG-88 was included in TCW somehow it would probably be in a way that only retconned the tolerable sections of TIA anyway, and left the weird parts still around or open to speculation.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Are you saying that TCW can NEVER overwrite the EU with something BETTER?

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I honestly don't remember IG-88s story from Tales of the Bounty Hunters I read it once over a decade ago and remember only a handful of details, vaguely at best. But regardless of how I feel/would feel about that tale, I'm not sure TCW is the best place to overwrite it.

19. Inblackestnight

Jan 26, 2012
    No, but 'better' is subjective. You and I don't like TIA, some probably do. Besides, they do this anyway whether many people feel it's better or not. I would rather they just stick to original material and make their homages, tie-ins, and retcons the exceptions and not the standard for the reasons above. Adding another reason: IG-88 has nothing to do with TCW anyway, and neither do the other BH from ESB. We don't need another shoe-horned or contrived character in this show, especially one who already has a backstory, no matter how bad some may think it is.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    TIA IS the exception.

21. Inblackestnight

Jan 26, 2012
    The exception to the stories in Tales of the Bounty Hunters? I don't follow. When I mentioned exceptions I was referring to how those involved with TCW are dabbling with existing continuity far too often for my taste, and the results aren't always "better."

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The exception to your "don't overwrite the EU" rule (which I disagree with anyway, especially when it comes to non-EU creations, but whether or that rule is a good idea is not the point of this thread).

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to agree with you. As much as I support Zuckuss to appear on TCW, the show has been overrun by Bounty Hunters. I mean it is a show about the war and half the episodes tend to lose focus by dealing with guys like Boba Fett or Cad Bane.

I am not saying that they are not to be featured but such characters are good in small portions, not 4-part arcs...

Personally I think that if in the future we have a battle connected to the IGBC with San Hill and all, we will have IG-88 emerge in that battle as a lone survivor of a prototype model of Battle Droids that were prepared to serve San Hill and his organization.

True words. Before TCW, I did not care for what Bossk was but after S2's finale onward I have grown to like him cause I have grown to know him more.

24. Jedi Ghurubai

Jedi Ghurubai Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    Definetly agree. Bric is one my favorites. He needs to go to some secret black ops misson along with some clones.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, black ops Bric might be cool. I would really just like to catch up with the real Rako Hardeen and find out what happened to him. He did kinda save the Chancellor when Obi-wan wore his facade. Is he out on some adventure? Is he amnesic? Did the Jedi actually kill him off? Is the real one actually in jail now? Did the subplot removed from "The Box" with Rex on a secret mission to smuggle Hardeen off Coruscant and onto some secret back water planet really happen? I want answers damnit! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.