main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Another shot:

[​IMG]

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I haven't seen Thor or Captain America and I wasn't in any way lost. The parts that were referencing events from those films seemed pretty obvious.

3. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah, but you don't know my father. He's one of those people who's like "Who's that guy?" or "Where was that from?". I pretty much have to hold his hand when watching comic-book based movies.

4. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Took me a bit to warm up to it, but I kind of like it seeing it in that pic.
    The shot from ComicCon had me worried....looked more like skin-tone than gold. I guess it was just a case of subpar lighting.

5. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Oh and...that's
    War Machine, given a government makeover. Would they even be able to call him "Iron Patriot" given Sony's film license?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They could definitely use "Iron Patriot"- they just couldn't have Norman inside it. Considering the IP (heh, the IP of the IP...) wasn't even invented until more half a decade after Sony got the rights to Spider-Man, I don't think there's any way Sony could use the suit or it's name.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll be getting the trailer next Tuesday. In the meantime (wait for it), the trailer for the trailer! smh

Juliet316 and Souderwan like this.
  8. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Hahaha. I'll quit when there's a trailer for the trailer's trailer.

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Trailerception

Darth_Deception likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    These teasers for a trailer's release are starting to become more common. Prometheus had several of them.

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Depends on the viewer. My wife - not a geek or comic fan at all - had a bit of a hard time following Avengers exactly because she had not seen ant of the previous movies.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some new photos and info

"He [Stark] basically loses all of his toys and is forced to just use his mind to rebuild and to face his biggest enemy… Robert is in almost every scene, which, when you have Robert, is not a bad thing. The goal with Iron Man 3 is to again prove that all of our single heroes are as interesting alone as they are when they're all together in an Avengers movie"

And the teaser one-sheet is out:

[​IMG]

and our first look at Ben Kingsley...

[​IMG]

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    And I'm really getting sick of the practice. It's literally an advertisement for an advertisement. Commercials should not be this meta.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not exactly a new practice, if you think about it. It's just a modern incarnation. 12-15 years ago people would be pouring over uploads of Entertainment Tonight previews for the trailers they'd be debuting the following evening.

At least now we don't get them (and the actual trailers) re-edited or dubbed over with terrible Mary Hart voice-overs and obstructing ET logos.

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Trailers are often big deals these days. A good trailer can be pretty great to watch - and must take a fair bit of skill to assemble. If I were responsible for a really good trailer I wouldn't mind the studio milking the build-up as much as they possible could. Hopefully it would result in my creation being seen by more people. Not saying this "Iron Man 3" trailer will be any good, of course. :p

16. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

[​IMG]

17. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Yeah. I remember a trailer for the trailer of Phantom Menace on Entertainment Tonight or some other crap show way back when. They showed the Battle Droid army assembling in the field, Jabba the Hutt, podracers, and Darth Maul whipping out his double-bladed lightsaber. Then stated that the real trailer was still a week away. (oh and Sci Fi Channel had "Spoilers of the Script" in which two guys would discuss the movie in detail....but they had a Go Go Dancer in the corner of the screen. They urged you to mute it and watch the dancer if you didn't want to be spoiled....and a rap about Jar Jar that included the line "Obi-Wan hates him and I do too")

Dateline NBC did the same thing to The Lost World. Dateline: State of the Art showed a few glimpses of the trailer and Stan Winston feeding the T-Rex a folding chair. lol.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Also, BC brings some heavy spoilers from some official cosplayer that probably said too much:
    "There’s going to be a big fight sequence with The Mandarin, who’s the main villain, which will involve none other than forty different Iron Man suits. There’s an amazing rescue where The Mandarin basically wants to bring down the American government and kill the President, and he launches an attack on Air Force One. All of the President and his men and staff get sucked out of the plane and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky.
    The best thing of all is Iron Man himself, Tony Stark, has an upgrade, which they’ve taken the storyline from the comics where he has this sensory thing installed so that basically he can manipulate the suit more with his mind. He points his hand or his leg at various parts of the suit and the suit just flies onto him… It’s like a form of telekinesis.
    There’s an amazing sequence where he has this rooftop house that he builds to store all his Iron Man suits and it gets attacked by The Mandarin and these gunships. Now they’ve released the exclusive last week in Italy I think it’s about to go online this week the teaser trailer. I don’t think it will be as long as the one I saw.
    There are forty Iron Man suits written into this feature in various ways… he needs this Iron Man army to go up against The Mandarin’s forces."

20. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Was Tony using Extremis to pull the Iron Man gauntlet to him? Or was it just super advanced tech?

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Looks like Extremis, right? Although who knows the shape movie!Extremis would take...

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    From the synopsis and comments they've released, it doesn't seem like it's Extremis just yet- just another step towards it by making each piece mobile. I suspect by movie's end we'll get Extremis, though (the surgery shot in the trailer and the concept art they released awhile back suggest as much)..

And that trailer: :eek:

I was pretty certain that that sequence would be the climax of the trailer, going by the comic-con descriptions. Still, amazing to watch.

23. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If Tony does get Extremis the same way he does in the comics, it makes his "Everything special about you came out of a bottle" to Cap in The Avengers a lot more hilarious. :p

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can someone post a brief descrpition of what "Extremis" is? Is it the next evolution of the Iron Man suit?

25. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ha! Fang Zar also popped into my head right when Sir Kingsley first popped up in the trailer.