main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol so glad this one didn't get asked to me. Good luck Barriss!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What kind of cruel and unusual punishment is this?!:p

Well I apologize in advance for the corniness of the following:

The Satine Roast
    The Bail Organic
    Savagexpresso
    Frapinino
    Mochahsoka
    Latte Razzi
    Darts D'Caf
    Extra Dark Maul
    The Galliao
    Chaitea Hyoki

(OK OK I know, Chai Tea isn't really coffee, but I ran out of ideas and didn't want to resort to obvious clone nicknames like "Buzz" or "Boost" :p)

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Very well done!

13. Barriss_Coffee: Which costumes would you like to be in your possession the most?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He must have been inspired by your name. I assure you I had nothing to do with that one. Awesome job, lol.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There should be a SW cafe in this world that has a menu for SW fans and all the items on the menu are like these here.
    Then they should be served in cups with mocked up images of the characters...

I would love to have a Darts D'Caf!

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I might start calling Ahsoka Mochahsoka all the time. =D=

7. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    You and me both.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    ^:)^

Greatest interview question & answer, ever.:p

9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Greatest question too, just saying...
    jk

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Mod powers in action.

:p

11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93: Oooo... interesting question.

I was going through some old screenshots to get ideas and I realized how darned uncomfortable some of these outfits look! A lot of the formal outfits look so sitff they'll cut off all your circulation, and the armor often has weird metal plates that appear as though they'll dig into your skin as soon as you move a muscle. Argh.

Since I'm a big fan of black and gray, I can't see myself wearing most of this stuff. But for that reason, I sort of like a lot of Asajj's outfits. Especially the elf-looking ones. Like this one. And I admit I'm a fan of the hoodie, although I think some people detested it on this forum. If so, I apologize. But it looks so ninja!

Speaking of ninja, these guys had awesome duds.

And if it could be pulled off in real life, I'd totally wear this outfit. But I'm not sure how many people could manage it.:p

While I'm not a fan of dresses, I really liked Miraj's outfit. It wasn't overly garish, and it had that neat ancient-Egyptian vibe.

And if Filoni wasn't trying to force-sell Bo-Katan armor to all the ladies, I'd totally want that outfit. But if everyone's wearing it, then it wouldn't be as cool.

Finally, I love trench coats. Definition of badass. I'd totally wear Cad Bane's outfit. Except maybe not the tube things. Those look... impracticable... to say the least....

Oh, and Gunray's hat. Just cuz.

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93: Countries! Like, in the real world? Um... wow, the world's a mess right now. I suppose a massive country like the US would be too unwieldy (and besides, everyone hates you if you're the president these days anyway :p). Latin America and Europe ain't doing too hot; most of Africa's um... still not doing too hot; the Middle East is a total nightmare; most of Asia's all tense right now...

...give me New Zealand.:p I'll take my share of earthquakes so long as all I have to rule over are some sheep and cosplaying hobbits.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    15. Rank the Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Dark Knight series Barriss_Coffee.

Example for LOTR:
    1. The Two Towers
    2. Return of the King
    3. Fellowship of the Ring

15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

Star Wars:

1 - Empire Strikes Back
    2 - Return of the Jedi (although when I was a kid it was always #1)
    3 - A New Hope
    4 - Revenge of the Sith
    5 - Attack of the Clones
    6 - The Phantom Menace (sometimes AOTC has this place... :p)

The Lord of the Rings:

1 - Return of the King
    2 - Fellowship of the Ring
    3 - The Two Towers (FOTR and TTT are almost tied IMM)

Harry Potter (films, not books):
    1 - Chamber of Secrets
    2 - Philosopher's Stone
    3 - Deathly Hallows - Part II
    4 - Deathly Hallows - Part I
    5 - Goblet of Fire
    6 - Order of the Phoenix
    7 - Half-Blood Prince (which was my favorite book in the series, oddly -- I guess my hopes were too high or something)
    8? - Prisoner of Azkaban (Akash you're gonna hate me... I've seen all the HP's at least twice, but never saw this one once!:()

Dark Knights:

1 - The Dark Knight
    2 - Batman Begins
    Didn't see TDKR yet....:(

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Barriss_Coffee
    16. You must get tired of answering this one, and you probably even told me in Orlando, but why exactly do you still think San Hill lives, again? Something about Empire at War?

Do it! [face_hypnotized]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    16. Barriss_Coffee: Which are your favorite soundtracks from the films in #15?

P. S. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and The Dark Knight Rises are great films. You'd love them! :)

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You're dead to me. That's the only good Harry Potter film!

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol I actually did not like PoA the first time I've seen it. Too corny and too many mullets. But I've since warmed up to it, especially since I always liked Lupin, especially in that book.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhh that. Well *gets on soapbox*...

1) In 2005 after the film came out, me, Sith-Lord-Gunray and a few other users were shooting the breeze when the question arose: hey, why didn't we see San Hill die? So we checked the film, and then watched it in slow motion when the DVD came out, and then mapped out the whole floor plan after Anakin slaughters the Seps. San Hill is nowhere to be found, but you can see everyone else.

2) Not long after there were some interviews with the various departments involved in filming the movie, like the animation department. They filmed most of the Seps die, even the ones we didn't see. But not San Hill. There was a description of what they filmed, and who they filmed, and some screenshots. Like Wat Tambor and Gunray's fight with the droideka...thing. Weird stuff that was never released anywhere else. But anyway, San Hill was never involved.

3) The books and comics had him die a couple of different ways. None of which would have fit what we saw in the film. And besides, the books and comics killed other characters who DIDN'T die, and were advertised as "stylized" versions of the film. And the OT novelizations were notorious for doing the same thing... killing Veers and Hobbie off, for instance. Oh, and he didn't die in the ROTS videogame. Not like that's trustworthy, but still!

4) Thennnnnnnnn the videogame Empire at War came out. Oh geez. In the game, you can go to Muunilinst and kidnap him... during the Empire Era, during the OT. The problem was, he looked like a human in the game. But so did all the "Muuns" (labeled as such) that were with him. When questioned about this at the LucasArts site, the game designers said they didn't have time to develop skins for all the aliens in the game (they did this with Tion Medon's species as well on Utapau). So it would appear that this San Hill was meant to be the real deal.

5) On a practical level, he was closest to the door on the far end of the room when Anakin entered. That door was open not too long later. Suspicious?

*gets off soapbox*

Ah, good question! Let's see...

Star Wars: Well, obviously the usually Binary Sunset (Force) Theme, the Imperial March, Duel of Fates, and Across the Stars. And whatever this song is... they played it with the Seps in ROTS and I admit I'm sort of fond of it. Oh, and this creepy song... and one of my personal all-time favorites, definitely this one! (The track itself is about 10 minutes and sort of drags at times, but I loved that one "Final Duel" part when Luke goes force-unleashed on Vader).

LOTR:
    "The Great River" from FOTR (especially the part when they go by the Gondor statues)
    "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" from FOTR
    "The Last March of the Ents" from TTT
    "Theoden Rides Forth" from TTT
    "For Frodo" from ROTK (one of the most epic masterpieces ever)
    "The Battle for Pelennor Fields" from ROTK
    And Gondor's theme... but that was always scattered through soundtracks and never had one of its own

Harry Potter:
    Hmmm... I'm afraid I don't have much HP music. I of course love the main theme, but I never got around to getting more than the first film's music. I need to get on that. And watch the third film. (I do apologize for that! [face_blush])

Dark Knights:
    "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" - from DK
    "A Watchful Guardian" - from DK

And pfffft Point Given.:p

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    17. Barriss_Coffee: Write an ending for Ahsoka in the series involving Captain Rex, Anakin, and Plo Koon.

P. S. John Williams has incredible music in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban ("A Window to the Past"; "Finale"), some of his finest work I must say.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow, that's like bonus question material on the 17th question. Brutal!

23. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

May I ask... another?

18. Out of all of TCW's characters, whom do you wish would be voiced by his original live-action theatrical counterpart?

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I've been thinking about this for a while... the ending I have in mind isn't exactly what I want to see (because it will conflict majorly with the EU), but it's where I see the show going:

-The last few episodes will focus on "that business on Cato Neimoidia"
    -I suspect Ahsoka will be knighted, or near-knighted, by the end of the series
    -Ahsoka will be having her recurring nightmare-visions again at the start of the arc, presaging Order 66, although it won't be explicit and she won't understand the visions
    -The visions will include Rex -- she will become suspicious of him
    -The start of the arc is one of those usual romping-adventures the heroes tend to have, centered on a plot to throw the Trade Federation's treachery into light. Certain members of the Republic, goaded by Palpatine, decide to frame Lott Dod and the "neutral" TF members represented in the Senate. The plan works after an episode or two, and the battle starts against Cato Neimoidia.
    -Anakin saves Obi-Wan's life for the ninth time during the battle. [Or is it eighth? Does it count?:p]
    -I also suspect by this time in the series the Outer Rim sieges will have begun full-force, probably before this final arc. So this will be considered part of that. Even if Cato's not part of the Outer Rim in the EU. Because Lucas will probably change that.
    -Word gets out that Coruscant is under attack. The TF probably helped spearhead this in retaliation for attacking their planet. In reality, it was under Sidious's goading.
    -Plo Koon arrives on Cato to relieve Anakin and Obi-Wan and send them on their way to Coruscant to assist in the battle. Ahsoka is left on Cato with Rex, who she has grown increasingly distrustful of at this point. Rex doesn't understand why.
    -Koon probably suspects something's amiss and talks with Ahsoka about it. Maybe they'll reminisce about old times when she was a kid. He tries to warn her to keep an open heart and mind about her true friends, and not close them off.
    -Order 66 happens. Koon dies. He'll probably leave some sort of sappy message for Ahsoka (seriously, I'll be SHOCKED if Filoni doesn't go there!)
    -Rex hears the Order, and although he knows about it, he doesn't agree with it. Ahsoka already suspects he'll kill her though, and attacks him in self-defense even before he starts anything.
    -Rex and Ahsoka fight, until Ahsoka remembers Koon's last words (hell, he'll probably be speaking through the Force!), and ceases the assault.
    -Rex helps Ahsoka escape, but they don't run off together -- he won't betray his brothers. He just helps her enough to flee.
    -Ahsoka tries to escape the planet, but is nearly shot down.
    -In a stroke of luck (or was it the Force?), Hondo happened to be by with his pirate buddies ransacking the hell out of the planet during the siege. He runs into Ahsoka and takes her onboard.
    -Hearing the implications of Order 66 throughout the Galaxy, Ahsoka realizes she has no where to run. She's undecided what to do. Eventually she runs into Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan tells her Anakin died. The two agree to go into hiding and separate, but to stay in touch.
    -For the time being, Ahsoka decides to go underground and join the pirates.
    -Rex continues to serve the Empire, and also stays in touch with Ahsoka, and possibly even Obi-Wan. He's their eyes and ears into the Empire's affairs.

Oooo -- thanks! I'll check that out!:)

Hmmm... a lot of the voice actors so far are doing a pretty good job, or else they don't sound like the original at all but are almost better in some ways (I'm thinking of Matt Lanter here, since Hayden always sounded bored/stoned to me...). But I'd definitely like to hear Ian McDiarmid on the show. He has such a great acting voice I'm sure he'd be fantastic reprising Palpatine/Sidious, even for a cartoon.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's a helluva lot more positive than my ending. And probably more likely to actually happen :p