main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What if JJM wrote a book where the Lost Tribe founded the Imperial Knights?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 24, 2012.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting scenario, will have to mull over it.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It'd be JJM.

Isn't that a good enough answer by itself? :p

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It would need to provide a convincing reason for Reige (or Fel, or whoever it is in charge at the time) to accept them, after their actions in Fate of the Jedi.

It would also need to explain their rejection of the Dark Side (the Imperial Knights are sworn to kill the Emperor if he ever turns to the dark).

That said- it could make an interesting redemption story- not for a single Sith- but for an entire people.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    One problem. Where are the blue skinned knights in Legacy?

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Would that be a problem if they were trained from infancy? There could have been a deal done to avoid Kesh having to be invaded/obliterated.

With the Chiss? They wouldn't appear too dissimilar - and it would make a nice counterbalance.

8. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I actually remember once saying that I thought it could be kinda cool as the climax of Luke Skywalker's life to not just have redeemed his father, but now succeed in redeeming an entire Sith Order into seeing the error of their ways. In a sense, he'd have achieved what Abeloth set out to do -- but for the Light.

I felt it'd be a nice way of addressing the concerns of fans who dislike the Sith after ROTJ as having "lessened" Luke's achievements, as it'd provide a way to really allow a total redemption, not just for the people of Kesh, but for Luke himself after all his self doubting following what happened to his nephew, along with being a kind of metaphorical end to the Great Schism, and proof that there was a way to end the battle one day.

Albeit, of course, it wouldn't be the end of the Sith entirely, just for the ones Luke knew about , but it'd at least allow everything afterwards to be presented as a "time of peace" -- albeit even if it was only illusory and in the GFFA's heads while the One Sith grew in secret.

9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Luke already knows, though (despite Krayt's attempt to pass himself off as a Lost Tribe member) that there is at least one other powerful Sith out there somewhere.

Then there's the attack on, and destruction of, Lumiya's asteroid -- if anyone has bothered to tell Luke about it!!

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Like you said though, I just figured Luke thought Krayt was another Lost Tribe member?

I know they discussed how he wasn't all obsessed with beauty and stuff like the others, but they know there's a whole planet of them, so they have no real reason to think all Lost Tribe members look the same.

(As we ourselves know from the ebooks and comic!)

11. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    JJM ==> TAKE MY MONEY

Lost Tribe founding the Imperial Knights?

1) interesting idea, love it
    2) continuity trouble: they are said to have split from the Jedi Order so can't be TRIBE only.. either Tribe and rogue Jedi together do this, or Tribe joins the Jedi and later on leaves again (which is stupid then!)
    3) Jaina approving/working with lots of Ex-Sith? hmm.. I doubt it

so.. the idea has merit but as sole founder or first founder definitely not workable sadly.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

13. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    At the time of Legacy comics, it did not seem that there were many Imperial Knights. It was the Moffs who conspired to ally with the One Sith because the war was not going well for the Empire. Fel's Imperial knights would have gone after the One Sith and the Moffs if there had been enough of them. Instead, they retreated to Bastion with Fel.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, the Sith could have been redeemed, and those Sith too martial simply joined the Empire and set up the Imperial Knights.

To Ceiran: strictly speaking the Sith split from the Jedi originally ;)

15. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

that would be a stretch but... we had worse stretches so I could live with that ;)

unrelated and offtopic... I still wait for an inuniverse beauty contest between Hapans, Keshiri, Zeltrons, Twileks and others who claim to be the most beautiful... and don't cite me that blasphemous Holonet website article about a coruscant based galactic beauty contest where a member of Sy Snootles won against humans and lots of other species.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd say it doesn't work. Primarily because they have no tie to the Empire whatsoever and no reason to like it more than the Republic.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Charlemagne19

Jaina kicks so much Sith ass and takes so many Darth names in Sword of the Jedi that a whole bunch of the Lost Tribe say "Dude, we need to get in on that good guy stuff!" Jaina's like, "Uh, well, sure thing I guess. The Jedi are always-" And they're all, "NO WAY LADY VADER II (can we call you Lady Vader?)! We're no stinking Jedi and the Galactic Alliance is full of heffalumps and woozles. Say, does your boyfriend want a bodyguard?"

At this point, nothing is too ridiculous. :p

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It doesn't work, and it's a terrible idea.

Robimus and Manisphere like this.
  19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Nice to see Luke stereotyping an entire race of people just based on the few he's seen. :oops:

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    He's a Skywalker. They're all racist like that. Leia especially.

Zorrixor likes this.
  21. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Its common in Science Fiction for authors and characters to stereotype an alien race. It just comes with the territory.

22. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I think this could be plausible only if they are a group of Lost Tribe and not the entire group. Maybe during SotJ Jaina finds Kesh and leads a group of Jedi to attack the planet. A group of Tyros, shaken to their core by Abeloth's attack seek help from the Jedi to escape the world that has so shaken their psyche. Jaina helps get them off planet, and turns them over to Tahiri (who knows a thing or two about redemption) she trains them and slowly it evolves into Imperial Knights.

Obviously the first part of story would be Chrisite Golden setting up a story for an arc of books by JJM.

As for the Keshiri blending with Chiss, their skin is purple so they might stick out a bit. And not seeing any Keshiri in Legacy doesn't mean they couldn't be there. Look at that Tion Medon looking Jedi from Invasion. He was obviously only added as a master after EpIII.

JStepp likes this.
  23. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    This actually a very plausible and great idea. After all what are the jedi going to do with a planet full of Sith children? Kill them all?

TychoCorde likes this.
  24. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012

Which makes...

(Wait for it)

...the Remnant...

(Here it comes)

...Where the Woozle Wasn't!

Ulicus likes this.
  25. Sith93Apprentice

Sith93Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    I think this is a very workable deal and I lke it. I think it could be explained both logically and paradoxically. The outcome I envisioned from the last series would have the Lost Tribe regroup and later clash more with Jedi, who eventually take the fight to Kesh. A collapse of their feudal system would cause fracturing and each faction could easily change allegiances. I can see a core of them making a pact with Mandos and infiltrating Imperial officer corps and political offices widely seeking a vehicle to conquest and gradually changing sentiments and becoming the Imperial Knights. I can see several characters as pivotal in this.