main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Why I prefer The Clone Wars (Microseries & Animated series) to the Clone Wars Comics, etc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I don't think George is a god, but I'll take his stuff over the EU. Not that I don't enjoy the EU, either. After all, Shadows of the Empire is still my all time favorite Star Wars movie.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Your all-time favorite SW movie doesn't exist?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    uhhhh Shadows of the Empire doesn't exist :p

4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Guys...it's a joke.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The video segments in the video game were pretty cool.

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I know. :p

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    For those who say TCW is an extension of the films, I would like to point out a few things.

What duel were Anakin Skywalker and Dooku referring to with this exchange during the Duel on the Invisible Hand?
    In 2005, Anakin Skywalker and Dooku had still only had one duel prior to the Duel on the Invisible Hand, during the Battle of Geonosis in AotC; they had encountered each other at a distance in the lead-in novel to RotS, Labyrinth of Evil, but it wasn't a face-to-face encounter, let alone a duel. But TCW has completely changed this by having them duel several times between AotC and RotS, making this exchange seem somewhat convoluted, when before it had a very clear meaning.

George Lucas would edit the Trade Federation ships out of the Battle of Coruscant just to make TCW's portrayal of the Trade Federation work.

TCW has done other things like this that make it quite clear the show doesn't work with the films.

Apophis_ likes this.
  8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly, that is one of the kinds of major flaws I was referring to with TCW. Of course, there's always this:

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
    Your powers have doubled since last Tuesday?!"

:p

Zeta1127 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.