main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It can be sickening or "tortureous" but it is a good idea to know these things and pass the info around not to mention giving it a good amount of semi-funny disrespect(hence "derp" rather than ITT I show you the comments made my leaders that may affect your lives and society").

And yes it does tend to be religion folks and in this country the Christian community. It is also politicians regardless of religion and crap like oil execs saying yes there is global warming but the cure is to keep drilling.(I am not making that up). There could be a potential fix via synthetic bilology manufactured to absorb carbon dioxide and stop the trends of climate change but said oil exec was not talking about such an option.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    We are all born atheist. Teaching religion to children should be considered child abuse.

Darth_Invidious and Frank T. like this.
  3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't know if it should be "child abuse." That is pretty extreme.

ViolentVioletMenace likes this.
  4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Okay, okay, let's not go off the frigging deep-end here. There are plenty of arguments to be had, but let's keep this a fun thread. I don't go into Senate threads for a reason, you know.

5. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Dude, that happens with EVERYTHING, not just religion. Go watch a Michael Moore documentary...it's the exact same thing.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ready?

“With modern technology and science, you can’t find one instance … There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

"In Which Abortion Is Necessary To Save the Life Or Health Of the Mother"

8-}

7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I read the article. Really sad that these people get elected in the first place. We need to do a better job of teaching science in school.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    WTF happened to the link???? Well here it is: BOOM

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Back to back derp courtesy of Donald Trump:

Dear Trump, if you have that much to give just give it and leave the busy President alone.

11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    The Donald is now just a big joke. One person commented, in the article I read, that he should get rid of the 'squirrel' covering his bald spot.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Ancient peoples had no understanding of the hormones that control the human body, so if a person had a sex-related dream, it was attributed to 'evil spirits' or 'demons.'

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Release to The Donald's "satisfaction." Well, we know he wouldn't be satisfied with whatever he was given and he would probably complain it wasn't complete, either. Doh.

14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    "I'm very honored to have gotten him to release his long term birth certificate."

god this guy thinks he's important.

Darth_Invidious and Valairy Scot like this.
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    He released it, while having Bin Laden killed, while embarrassing Trump at a media dinner. Obama 3, Trump 0.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope Obama makes a zinger joke out of this that'll redden Donald's cheeks, rather than ignore it. At least say something about nothing ever satisfies the Donald.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen." ---Richard Mourdock

[​IMG]

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, Ryan actually said recently the matter of conception does not matter.

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Below is the comment I posted in the senate thread 2012 Election:

I'm going to make one more comment about that dreadful rape comment by that senator and that is: in ancient times, when one tribe conquered another, the victorious soldiers would kill all the men and the babies, then rape all the women so that they (the victorious soldiers) would father children with the conquered women. That's what makes this comment by a person alive today so repulsive.

Darth_Invidious and VadersLaMent like this.
  20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, um maybe that is the view of some more "extreme extremists" - one way to build the GOP base of the future.

/oooh, bad, even for someone like me with a deranged sense of humor. Smacks self, saving others the trouble.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It is times like this when I wonder how the polls for the current run the White House are essentially a tie.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Radio says Romney holds a lead over Obama (several % points, but don't remember) - Ohio and nationally. Poll source not referenced.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    According to Maddow the GOP has a total of 12 Senate candidates who are out to outlaw abortion including for rape victims.

I notice a shift here in the topic. Somehow it has shifted from a flat out yay or nay to some kind of degree of measurement from outlawing abortion to outlawing with exceptions.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Who derped?

I got 7 out of 9. I got the 1st and 4th one wrong.

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    7/9 too. But I guess what's really important there is glimpsing the medievally idiotic thought processes of these illustrated men of the 21st century.