main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    I was talking about Callista on a unpopular characters thread on livejournal today, and wondering if our Dragonfly would send any other devotees our way. I hope she feels our love, today and everyday.

2. jedi_callie

jedi_callie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2010
    What was the response, LC?

3. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    I'm writing on behalf of my friend from Russia.
    jedicallie , are you EVER going to finish 'Ghosts Of Yesterday'? People are dying to see what you've got up in your sleeve for your characters :D
    Can you please, please, PLEASE go back to that story?@};-

Here's the art of Jedi Callista. Special thanks to the person who made a scatch of her graceful lightsaber.@};- The authors of collage did their best to copy it accurately.
    [image=http://s002.radikal.ru/i197/1202/3b/098ac91da7ea.jpg]

4. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Nice to see you again, Lileia and Old Droid!

That's a very cool image of Callista. Thanks for sharing it! Her lightsaber seems a bit large, but I realy like the background. And it's not often that you see Callie in Jedi robes. :)

5. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Lileia--I will!! :) I'm having a bit of plotting issues, though. Once I work my way through them, I will finish it.

6. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Happy Valentines Day to the original romantic couple, Callista and Luke!

C/L Forever!

[image=http://webpages.charter.net/jedi2187leia/CotJ2.jpg]

7. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Happy belated birthday to me (shameless plug!), and .... did you catch the Callista badge at the banner on top of the page?!?!

8. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    It's been two years since we lost our Dragonfly. I noticed that our Callistars button is on the banner today and I find that very fitting. Siobhan united us, defended us, and left us all better then we were when she found us. How incredible is it that after all this group has been through, all the threads, the ship wars, trolls, and a sudden, unexpected loss, that we are still here. We are still one. We have new members. We are sharing a banner beside MJ's fanclub.

We are continuously transforming through her love and memory and through our mutual joy in a character we fondly call Callie.

So take a moment today. Say a prayer, say a hello, experience beauty in something small, tell someone you love them. Spread a little pixie dust. All of you are special, and I'm proud and honored to call you my friends.

Luke and Callie and Siobhan Forever!

-Steph

9. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Love you guys <3. Sorry I've been MIA for a few days (yes, I do check every few days, even if I don't post).

Steve: when was your birthday?? How did I miss this??

Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts on Tuesday. It was a tough day for her family, but I'm so glad we continue to remember her and offer them support.

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    @};-

Well, the move is the 21st. About darned time, too. Wish I cared more... *Shrug*

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *a post-Move bump*

12. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Well I personally happen to like Callista, and I always have. Not trying to start any type of an argument, but in some ways I like her as a love interest for Luke more than Mara. Mara had that kind of relationship where she was always making cracks at her partner's expense (Not occasionally, always), but it was all in good fun. That's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. I've seen relationships like that before, however I simply prefer the kind Luke and Callista had, where both were just comfortable in each others presence and loved each other. It seemed...simpler, more innocent I think. Not sure how to really describe it. Mara was a complicated character who'd seen it all, done it all, and Callista was this woman from the past who'd lost everything, made the ultimate sacrifice, found a man she loved, and then found out she had to make another sacrifice to be with him.

Luke and Callista met each other during a worst case scenario where both had to worry about stopping this superweapon, and this connection formed. Though I was sad to see the relationship end I also liked how it ended, where both realized without saying anything that it was over. That's a real connection that comes from truly knowing a person and where they are in their life, and I felt it was nicely represented throughout the Callista Trilogy. If Mara is the great love of Luke's life i'd say Callista is undoubtedly a close second. I had my problems with FOTJ like anybody else, and I didn't appreciate them just having Callista die like that (Part of me had always hoped she'd come back) but I did like how even after so many years Luke still loved her and then saved her.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We have new Callista pic, of her during the Clone Wars, when she met Ahsoka and Rex, from the Essential Readers Guide, depicting a mission in No Prisoners.

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  14. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    That's . . . interesting. If you hadn't said it was, I never would have guessed that was supposed to be Callista. I guess she does have a yellow blade.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah, a bit different than what I'd pictured.

Oh, I'm back. :)

16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Awesome pic, Sin! Nice to see the original thread up and alive again!

Callista•Forever

17. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Just felt like I needed to post in here due to all the Callista-bashing taking place on the forum lately. I suppose the fact that people are still talking about her years after her relatively small appearances in the canon should count for something.

Long live Callista!

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Bashing? Bah. Almost makes me glad I'm not visiting the forums as much as before.

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well, to be fair, she has appeared a lot over the past few years. From No Prisoners to 501st(briefly) her role in FOTJ.

20. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Or right, I forgot about No Prisoners. Though not many people talk about her as a prequel character. And I just can't consider that FOTJ nonsense to be real. But your point is well taken, I guess she's not really as minor of a character as I think. Still not sure her role warrants all the hate, though. Why can't people who don't like her just ignore her?

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That would be ideal. If I had it my way, I'd impose a 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' rule :p

Robimus likes this.
  22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I haven't seen it myself but I'd imagine it to be more people being upset with how various authors have portrayed her than hate for the actual character.

Its nice that she's still getting new art. :) Clearly she is quite popular in at least some fan circles.

23. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    I would definitely support that, at least as far as characters. :)

Sadly, I really don't think that's the case. I don't want to get too specific, but I swear when people write fanfic about her they base her characterization on "what would a terrible person do?" There are a few who see the wasted potential, but most people just seem to like to hate on her.

I suppose she is getting some positive attention. :) That's something!

24. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    It's certainly not everywhere. It may not even be worse than usual. It's just bugging me right now for some reason. But I wouldn't want that to be a reason to keep you away! We just need to create some positive Callista content.