main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Got my copy of Mega Man Legends in the mail yesterday. Been playing that pretty much non stop since then. It's a great game. Trying to get the final piece of the museum quest so I can get that Shining Laser.

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Not playing, but League of Legends world championship is currently live!

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Bad Piggies, mostly.

4. RealBlackWidow

RealBlackWidow Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2012
    I'm on my 3rd round of Skyrim. Decided to do the level up cheat and it's been a lot of fun this time around!

5. Jedi Ghurubai

Jedi Ghurubai Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
  6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    RAGE. I started playing it only expecting to play it for half an hour or so and then not touching it again, but I think I'm addicted to it.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  8. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Trying to muddle my way through Planescape: Torment. My favorite thing so far is that I somehow pissed off everyone in The Alley of Dangerous Angles so I wound up having to kill everybody there just so I could cross the map. Found out later that I missed some quests there that would have given me a lot of xp :(

9. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Tried Crysis last night. It was fun.

DarthBoba likes this.
  10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Forza Horizon and MoH:Warfighter. Both great games.

Yeah, it is. Crysis 2 is also good. Can't wait for Crysis 3.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran mode

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Medal Of Honor (the first modern one). Love this game. So much less 80s action movie nonsense. Also beat Republic Commando.

13. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Began Borderlands today with a friend. We made it to the mission where you get the dune buggies. We are now both at level 8.

DarthBoba likes this.
  14. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Just beat ME3 for the third time and now I'm moving onto Dragon Age: Origins to finally complete my second playthrough.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The past few weeks have had me going back and forth between Borderlands 2 and X-Com.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Been playing Retro Game Challenge on my DS during the power outage. Really love the game overall- the framing content with the gaming magazines and such. It basically has 8 "new" NES games, set within the context of being sent back in time by the host of Retro Game Challenge show (Kotaku hosted some translated/dubbed episodes a couple years back, was a pretty fun show) to play through these challenges as a kid.You get gaming magazines for tips and cheat codes, etc to look through.

Oddly enough, they even make a joking reference to The Wizard and the Power Glove- but do so several years before the movie came out (the game gives a release date for each "game" you get).

Game breakdowns:

-Cosmic Gate: A Galaga clone, pretty decent overall.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man: A strange platformer that uses doors as weapons. It doesn't appeal immediately bit it's easy to warm up to.
    -Rally King: A top-down racer with an interesting drift-boost mechanic, but you spin out with any contact with an opponent, which can be REALLY freaking frustrating.
    -Star Prince: A pretty awesome shmup (supposedly inspired by Star Soldier) with some neat powerups. I think I liked this one the most of all of them.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man 2: Same as the first game, just larger levels, greater challenge.
    -Rally King SP: Same as the first game, just different levels, greater challenge.
    -Guadia Quest: A Dragon Warrior style RPG. I hated Dragon Warrior. I can appreciate some of the mechanics more nowadays but there's too much information not present in the game to make for a satisfying interface. Plus, if there's an easier way to replenish MP than letting everyone in your party die a, I haven't found it. Items exist to replenish it, in theory, but I haven't seen them.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man 3: Haven't unlocked this one yet, but supposedly it is a full revamp/upgrade as a platformer so looking forward to it.

It's a shame the sequel isn't going to be ported to the US (this one apparently had strong initial sales, but overall sales fell short of expectations).

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I just bought and beat Halo: Reach on Normal.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    F1 2011. FInally hooked a Red Bull drive and won a drivers/constructors. Ready for F12012 now.

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Halo 4. Simply excellent so far.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 2 and finally got all Subjects 16's gylpths

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Angry birds Star Wars. So far, same old...

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

23. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Tropico 4 on the XBox 360

24. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I can officially cross Assassn's Creed III (awesome!) and Mega Man Legends 2 (I WANT MML3 NOW!!!) off of my backlog.

I may now go back to Planescape:Torment or start up Infamous 2. Seriously, I've been sitting on that game for a year and a half now. I think it's high time I got to it. Or I may try to plod my way through Psychonauts some more. It's one of those "must play" games but I don't really enjoy it.

25. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Mainly just been playing Jedi Academy online, and occasionally playing KOTOR 1