main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, I have noticed some people posting images from what appears to be a site called fanpop.com. I think the issue is you are putting the website URL in the "insert image" option, when it should be the image itself.

Example- This is what I see when I go to the source of the image. What you need to make sure to do is right click on the image and select "view image" or its equivalent, and insert that URL in the "insert image" thing. Here's the result of doing so:
    [​IMG]
    As for this, I'm not sure. You might have embedded the wrong link.

obimom likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I think it's probably a bandwidth problem on the hosting site.

3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    HI all!!

Val, yes he was questioning the actions of the order...I guess the way I saw your question was that in Betrayal, despite
    his misgivings about what the order was doing, he stayed faithful to the code (rather than perhaps listening and following the force)...following it more than the will of the force for a long time until his eyes were opened, but then by that time, he was so hurt and disillusioned he seemed to lose his way for awhile. I guess that doesn't answer the question per se, or else I'm having trouble stating the way I see it.

Anyway, if anyone who hasn't read it wants to read a FANTASTIC story, check out Betrayal, on both boards - may be easier to find on the other board though - by Archaeologist over there, called Betrayal. 10 years (or so) in the writing of it and she finally just finished it last year.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Love the pic, Todd. What are they looking at? Gosh, Obi-Wan is so sexy standing there like that...btw, was Anakin in that pic? :p

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can't you tell, they're having a staring contest, and that other guy who's not Obi-Wan is losing.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    If you guys want to get in on a good laugh, go to the Prequel, Classic and Saga boards and look for the ongoing posts between Lord Tyrannus, Wierd Green Man and myself, and occasionally Piett's Hat. We don't know if Tyrannus is a spoof, a jokester, or what but we're, um, having fun with his endless questions.

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, I just peeked through some of those exchanges. Dear lord, 500 posts since Friday!? I'd join in on the fun, but I'm too tired. Just keep telling him that Obi-Wan was the real mastermind behind everything, just to **** with him. ;)

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm practicing my SIthly skills of wordplay deception.

laloga likes this.
  9. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Anyone see the preview for this Saturday's ep? There's some yummy Obi-ness! [face_love]

serendipityaey likes this.
  10. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Ooh, James Arnold Taylor's voice sounds particularly good in that clip.

laloga likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, they've improved animated Obi-Wan so much - he looks so much more like Ewan and not so much like a cardboard cutout..and his movements are more fluid too. I might just have to check that out,.

laloga likes this.
  12. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    I know! The animation this season has been wonderful. :) I think that Obi's facial expressions - heck, everyone's! - are more detailed and nuanced. It's lovely to watch.

13. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Hondo Ohnaka could steal my heart away if he weren't so darn ugly. What a hoot! I'm glad he's being given more time this season, esp the byplay with Obi-Wan. Some of it is priceless.

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  14. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    The clip was so good! Perfect Obi-Wan-ness in it. I love the way that Obi-Wan and Anakin are able to balance each other.

laloga likes this.
  15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I love me some Hondo. I really love Obi-Wan and Hondo together (darn, my fingers insist on typing Honda). I'm thinking of writing a post-Revival short in Hondo's POV as Ruth knows. She also knows I'm not writing at all and enjoying (as a beta) sneak peeks at what she's got in store for you. You folks are going to LOVE what's coming. 'Course, you have loved what came before, too.

16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    (no pressure there, sheesh)
    Hondo's open admiration for Obi-Wan makes him rise a cut above ordinary pirate, in my estimation. The ability to recognize worth in others despite your own scuminess is a testament to something deep inside. He hearkens forward intime to the lovable scoundrel Han Solo, a little. Especially if he's given a role "helping" the Republic's cause in the upcoming CW episode, he ends up as a VERY sympathetic villain. I think his natural roguish charm does play off very well against Obi-Wan's dry and cutting charm. It's like wine and chocolate, how can you beat that? Hats off to whomever created the character. I'd persoanlly love to see a full length novel with Ohnaka and our favorite Jedi in it. Or a good re-write of the original Ohnaka arc. But Val, I'll happily gobble up your short !!

laloga and FARK2005 like this.
  17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Did this one come through??
    [​IMG]

laloga likes this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, maybe the short will inspire a longer. Or we can team up for the novel - sometime in the future, though.

19. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Hondo is one of the best things that have come out of TCW (so far) - he and Obi-Wan are simply amazing together.

One word: Sweet!!! :D

20. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    James Arnold Taylor is awesome as Obi-Wan. He's come from being a poor man's substitute and imitator of Ewan McGregor in the micro-series and video games to making Obi-Wan his own character in the new Clone Wars series, while still retaining traits from McGregor and the late Alec Guinness. Definitely one of his best voice-over roles and performances, in my opinion.

21. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    So, Obi would be the chocolate and Hondo would be the wine? ;)

serendipityaey likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Even still, what Obi-Wan lacked in voice in the micro series was made up for by the fact that he got some of the best lines, especially in the longer episodes where he got to be really deadpan.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    What episode is this Hondo in? I'll have to check it out.

Getting ready for work, and no time really to hang out. I HAD Saturday off finally, but that's been changed again. I'm working six hours tomorrow. I'll have a little time in the morning, but will probably mainly be trying to polish up my next chapter before sending it to Val for beta, but I'll be here also some. :)

Later! Everyone have a great day, and Val, find that Job!! :D (I know, easier said than done sometimes, but all things are possible!)

I would love to see you and Ruth collaborate on a story sometime - that would be awesome. Two of FF's best authors ...^:)^

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Hondo is in Revival, as well as tomorrow's episode, Tipping Points.

That sucks about Sat. Still, I'd rather be busy on Saturady and then take Sunday off. Or, just have both off, but that just never happens. :p

25. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    We'll celebrate your new job- when you get it - with that. A worthy project to mark a worthy cause.
    Fie on working weekends! I teach, so mine are generally spent buried in prep work. There's no escape from the curse, I tell you.

obimom likes this.