main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hutt Fan Club - with move scum than villainy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Following the Move, the Hutts have made it across that turbulent void with their unholy horde of slaves, ready and willing to beg, cheat and steal whatever you hold dear!

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    There is nothing unholy about the beings in the Service of glorious Hutts. For their services shall all be rewarded and is serving the Hutts not a reward of its own anyway? :D

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Finally the Hutt Lord has arrived.:p

Did you have a chance to read Scourge?

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yep, rather fun novel. :)

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I want gelatin Hutts at my birthday party now.

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    You could properly make ones yourself, just a lot of effort. ;)

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Aw, is this thread trying to escape into obscurity? Maybe it's because of the typo in the title, Sinre. [face_shame_on_you]

I liked Scourge a lot. Quite a different portrayal of the Hutts than we've usually gotten. Now if only Jason Fry would write a novel that details the ancient Hutt-Xim war.

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    You might want to check out Tempest Feud just for the background on the others Hutts that show up in the book, as we get a few other „norm“ breakers and of course if you haven’t read it, the very fun Insider story Hunting the Gorach staring Parella the Hunter. :) Though I have been thinking of doing a Hutt story retrospective with stuff like the Jabba Tape, Art of the Deal and other works where Hutts have central roles and analyze their personality and deeds.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I read that Insider story on Parella, quite good. You should also do Han Solo trilogy in that retrospective. Lots of great insight into their society there, and plenty of different personalities.

10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I know there is a huge numbers of stuff where Hutts show up very prominently, the thing that just scares me away is that I would have to reread Planet of Twlight and Darksabre. :(

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, those are not great entries in Hutt lore. :p

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Planet of Twlight isn’t that bad in that regard (from what I recall at least), Darksabre Durga on the other hand is an incompetent hack comparable to Daala.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Now I'll have to add Planet of Twilight to books to scrounge up to review the hutts. Although Scourge has to be one of my more favorite renditions I must admit that the Bounty Hunter Wars with the Shell Hutts was an interesting read as well. Although the Hutts didn't get nearly enough face or development in it.

Robimus and Gorefiend like this.
  14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Shell Hutts seem to be the strange relatives the other Hutts don’t want to talk about, though who can blame them, no one likes to mention stuff from that book series. :D

15. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    The H'uuns from Boba Fett: Death, Lies, and Treachery are the other weird relatives that were left by the wayside, other than a couple mentions in the Jason Fry verse. I quite liked those comics.

16. Cosmo Viking

Cosmo Viking Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2012
    I think there are some Jabba comics out there waiting for me to read them. What were they called?

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  18. Cosmo Viking

Cosmo Viking Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.