main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Post your photography.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mustafar_66, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I got back from a conference at West Point yesterday. These are the unedited shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Quix - The cannon shot is my favorite.

We went apple picking today and here are some shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Quix, I know that area of West Point. You actually see it and the Vanderbilt mansion when traveling on the Albany to NYC amtrac train. And we have lots of fall colors going on right now.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Continuing the military theme (a little late), WWI memorial from Miseno Italy...
    [​IMG]

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ewok I'm confused what you're trying to show here. These videos are not about the photography and this is a photography thread. Perhaps it would be better to create a model building thread or something to showcase these?

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    This might be the prettiest tree I've ever seen. I stumbled across it while driving around town so the kiddo would sleep.

[​IMG]

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So, I am not allowed to post slideshows of my model railroad? Just because I choose to post photographs of a particular subject in a particular way, I am suddenly persona non grata? That seems very arbitrary, and very unfair. And technically, videography is a form of photography.

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    This is why I'm asking what you're showcasing, if you're showcasing the video and not the model railroad then I'd say that's fine, but it appears that you're just showing the model and not really in it for discussion of the photography or artistic aspect of the thread.

I also see videography and photography as two different things. I don't think I'd like it if some of the film students started posting their videos in here either.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, I don' t see too many other people in it for the artistic discussion either. A lot of the more recent posts seem be people literally just posting pictures and not actually discussing anything, which would suggest that this thread has wandered off course.

In answer to the first part of your post, yes I am documenting the evolution of my model railroad, but I am also interested photography, which is not an interest that I get to indulge that often, so I am using my model railroad to experiment with my camera and to try different things. Its a convergence of two things that I enjoy.

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ewok - pretty much the fact that one can like a post has taken away from the discussions that used to occur in this thread, however there have been discussions as recently as the last page. It might not be a technique or a camera specific discussion, but for me just seeing the types of photos that others like and are willing to post about is enough for me to learn something from the thread.

Perhaps you can try posting some photos instead of the videos? They just don't seem to be going over well and I was trying to be helpful.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I would never use video myself, and want nothing to do with it for my own purposes. I see video as being its own thing. You also didn't say anything in your posts to go along with the video. There wasn't any video here in the past and I don't think there should be now.

Well, I don' t see too many other people in it for the artistic discussion either. A lot of the more recent posts seem be people literally just posting pictures and not actually discussing anything, which would suggest that this thread has wandered off course.

Probably because it's the "Post your photography" thread. A cursory scan through the thread up through now would reveal that no one had posted any video until you did. If you're going to go way off the beaten path, bringing up the idea in a post beforehand is a good idea. When people talk about photography, "still photography" is still implied in most cases. Videography is its own thing.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Sorry, this is not my photography, but I thought folks might like these. I won't make this a habit or anything, just thought you might enjoy these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Beautiful, Montie - where did you find them?

And horsey, I love that tree shot. It makes me miss Fall back up north a lot.

s65horsey likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I found them at spacebattles.com where they have a "cool pictures" thread. They range from funny to video game fan art awesome. Those above jumped out at me as "I must throw them in that jcc photo thread".

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    My cat, younger and healthier.

[​IMG]

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah I've kind of gone crazy with fall shots this year because it is the first time I'm somewhere with pretty trees and fall in like 7 years. I'm trying not to post them all in the thread though I think I have another I'm going to have to post.

19. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    It's what the thread is for! I know I'm going to keep posting pics from my recent trip until even I'm sick of them...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent likes this.
  20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Haha well since you're asking for it! These were part of an set of photos I call "Fall at the Zoo"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  22. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    #3 is my favorite of the bunch.

A little something for Halloween (fun with front and rear flash):

[​IMG]

thesevegetables and Juliet316 like this.
  23. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Wow that photo looks creepy!

I tried to go see Obama speak, intending to make a political post montage, but was foiled in my attempts so I only have these two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thesevegetables likes this.
  24. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    A couple of autumnal views:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Everton like this.
  25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    More horse sports stuff from me! I'm really proud of this first shot. It is a classic eventer photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thesevegetables and Juliet316 like this.