main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why did anakin skywalker stay on the dark-side after Padme died?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    True.

False.

2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Errr...no. Tarkin says it will keep "systems" in line, not rebels.

The Empire discriminated against aliens in its hiring practices for the Imperial military.

They destroyed Alderaan as a demonstration. Remember:

LEIA: They're on Dantooine.

TARKIN: There. You see Lord Vader, she can be reasonable. (addressing
    Motti) Continue with the operation. You may fire when ready.

LEIA: What?

TARKIN: You're far too trusting. Dantooine is too remote to make an
    effective demonstration. But don't worry. We will deal with your Rebel
    friends soon enough.

Regardless of the fact that Leia told Tarkin what he wanted to hear, Alderaan was still destroyed. It was a demonstration of the Empire's power and will. Even if the Rebellion didn't exist, it would have happened. Plus, the Death Star was being constructed in ROTS and the plans were present in AOTC, long before the Rebellion formed. Thus it can be said with 100% certainty that the Death Star was not a response to the Rebellion but was merely yet another means of oppressing the people of the galaxy.

I don't know why you're asking me about hypotheticals. I don't know any more about those than you do. George Lucas is the only one who can answer.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Taps head...I'm still here. Woman's intuition. I give answers.

/not saying they're 100% correct

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The Rebel Alliance has no reason to exist except to get rid of Empire. They would not exist for the sake of existing.
    Palps lied A LOT.
    The Rebel Alliance was not a bad organization, unlike the Empire. From what you are saying, does that mean you would be okay if people still owned slaves because Southern farmers had visions that some dude named Abe Lincoln would free all the slaves, so they bought a lot of Africans and enslaved them? That doesn't make sense, now does it? Same with what you said about Palpatine making and Empire to crush a Rebellion that only forms after the Empire comes into being.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002

I still think it was the Jedi's arrogance and disregard for the oppressed was what caused the Force to become unbalanced for them and not the Sith, but they were too blind to see it was their doing.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "The darkness in the Force was no hindrance to the shadow in the Chancellor's office; it was the darkness." - ROTS novel

Zeta1127 and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  7. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Is my fan theory that Palps built it in AOTC and ROTS because he foresaw the rebel alliance's existence through the Force and built it beforehand to use against them, correct or false?

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Discussing fan theories is appropriate in the fan fiction boards. Please leave your unreasearched fan theories out of serious discussions.

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Actually, I'm not sure discussing theories belongs in fanfic - that's for posting fics or seeking help in writing.

Tyrannus, you might make more headway if rather than coming up with a theory and asked "us" if it is correct, you come up with a theory and evidence to support it and then asking us if the evidence DOES support your theory.

Otherwise you get: I think Luke was allergic to blue milk. Am I right? Well, no one can truly agree or disagree with something like that.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Does the force need life to exist? Or is the force a magical source that always exists, like a god, and life can contribute to the energy of the force? Does it predate life in the galaxy? Is it found just in the galaxy or the entire star wars universe? Can the force survive in places without life, ie, mustafar?

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    The Force is everywhere; it connects the rocks to the soil to the water...it is fed by life.

Its origins and age are unknown.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Were those those guys we saw in the obi wan vs vader duel? How did they live there? What did they eat?

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
  15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Does it exist just in the main galaxy of star wars? Or the entire star wars universe? "It binds the galaxy together". Or does it bind the universe together?

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I would presume what's good for the galaxy is good for the universe, but who knows what goes on in unexplored space?

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    You refuse to learn more about Star Wars besides the movies, and refuse to have anything to do with the EU. So why are you asking these questions?
    Star Wars has not dealt in great detail with galaxies outside of the main one. However, the Yuuzhan Vong are extragalactic, coming from an outside galaxy. They know nothing of the Force, are not affected by the Force in the normal way, and cannot be sensed in the Force, suggesting something else. The extragalactic Chiss have a normal relationship with the Force.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    They should have used the Yuuzhan vong or the Chiss in the prequels.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Intergalactic sounds cooler than a Separatist idea.

20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    BUT THEY DIDN'T.
    Do you even know what these species are?

21. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    You are free to believe what you want (in my mind there is no Chosen One prophesy for instance); one just have to keep in mind that in a discussion, the movies, Lucas' words etc. counts for more, and concerning the balance of the Force, Lucas has stated that Anakin "brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..." (George Lucas, introductory documentary for ANH Special Edition (VHS)).

So in Lucas's mind the Sith were the reason the Force was out of balance.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Problem is, it's rather self-evidently wrong that the Sith are the only "evil in the universe".

Thus "Getting rid of the Sith" does not "get rid of evil in the Universe".

23. director-TMS

director-TMS Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2012
    Anakin termed with the emperor in a duality because this is really psytrance boy Starger's story who being with unlimited midichlorians is actually a God type figure in that world. They had a duality before Palpatine rose in office. Starger disappeared into his own ways on Coruscant. Palpatine met Anakin and considered him a replica of Starger who he seemed to notice being so talented with the Force... this is why he praises Anakin. Because Starger wasn't finished with the Galaxy he influenced the midichlorians in Anakin to form a duality with the Emperor, because of his all powerful control over the Force - basically he did nothing, it was the Will of the force that did it for him. Starger's purpose is not really known to anyone. I'm guessing he wanted to give his friend Palpatine another friend when he left and take over the system.... I may be Starger.

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    It's makes more sense if a prophecy revolves around a character destined to defeat evil, rather than the other fan theories about bringing balance to the Force. Lucas had the right idea.

25. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Because Anakin it's one big dumb-ass. I always knew Anakin's fall to the dark side would be dumb, but this one took the cake..
    I love the PT, The one thing I can't stand is Anakin, and how he is portrayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.