main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Future of the Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ernesto1035, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Tarkin was in the clone wars series, and he communicated with anakin and his orange jedi apprentice. I love the clone wars series. Way better than anakin's boring character in TPM and AOTC. Yeah. Tarkin probably didn't escape. He was watching the rebels, believing the empire would win. What do you mean by "evacuate thousands of enemies"?

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    What did you mean when you suggested Rebels would have let him escape? If they did this, there would not be as much point in destroying the Death Star, huh?

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The rebels should've let the imperial soldiers in ROTJ escape. What do you mean by "there wouldn't be a point in destroying the death star". Also, the rebels didn't prevent them from escaping or they didn't care either way. The rebels just wanted to protect the galactic citizens from the empire, by stopping them from using their space station. The reason Alderaan was the only planet the empire used the death star on was because the rebels stopped them.

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    So Al-Qaeda should have waited until everyone in the World Center had gone home before crashing into them? Sorry, this just does not make the same impact.
    If the U.S. had evacuated all the people in Hiroshima and THEN dropped the atomic bomb, would Japan have surrendered? Why would you save your enemy just to destroy their office?

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    So what are you trying to say about the rebels? All I'm saying is that they wanted to save planets from the Empire.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    And all I'm saying is that what you said does not make sense. "How many people died on the first death star? Why wouldn't the rebels let them escape?" Um, I just said?

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How do i not make any sense? The rebel's goal was to save people from the empire's space station. How does that contradict anything?

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Not saving bad people.
    Navy Seals killed Osama Bin Laden with the goal of saving lives. By killing Bin Laden, they hoped that his continued existence would not cause more deaths.
    Why would you want your enemies to be freed? So they can come back and do more bad things?

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Most of the imperial soldiers/stormtroopers in star wars, at least some of them, were drafted, presumably. The rebels should've set them free. They were totally willing to surrender. They didn't want to get involved in the galactic civil war.

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    It's a war. People die.

Lord Tyrannus likes this.
  11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    That's not responding to what I said about the stormtroopers being drafted. If they were drafted and probably were'nt loyal to the empire, they would stop serving the empire once the rebels win.

Why wouldn't the rebels let them escape? That seems very cruel for supposed "good guys".

12. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    For some people nothing will ever be enough until they get a new movie, and for a lot of people they want more of the darker more serious side of star wars rather than cartoons, video games, and comedies...me personally I love it ALL. But everyone has their preferences, cant make everyone happy all the time!

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Casualties of war. It seems cruel but the greater good prevails.
    Here's a famous story about the concept of sacrificing for the greater good: http://harelbarzilai.org/words/omelas.txt

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes. War does seem cruel. The empire had to be defeated. But, there's a big difference between the rebels fighting imperial soldiers to win the war against the empire and defend themselves to protect the people of the galaxy (ie, greater good), and delibarately not giving them (surrendering soldiers) a chance to escape if they surrender or lose the desire to fight against them, just for the sake of not letting them escape.

15. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not going to argue this. Ask any soldier who has fought a hard, terrible war why you don't just let the enemy soldiers go.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm probably just thinking too many fan theories and speculation.

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    You are thinking A LOT! And I am trying to keep up! Relax and go read something like Wookieepedia or some community, non-Star Wars-related threads.

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Probably so, in such a short time - it's hard to keep up with you. Congrats on making Knight though, one reward for all your posts.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Just to close this discussion, did any imperials escape the 2nd death star in Return of the Jedi? And how did the rebels defeat the empire, exactly? What happened to former stormtroopers and imperial soldiers/officers in the New Republic, post ROTJ?

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Some Imperials did escape the DS2- Grand Admiral Teshik was one. His ship was captured by the Rebels though- and he was executed for war crimes.

Former imperials were dealt with in various means, depending on the severity of their actions under the Empire.

Some were executed for war crimes.
    Some were jailed for long periods.
    Some were jailed for short periods.
    Some defected to the New Republic and weren't jailed at all- often ending up in the New Republic military, or being allowed to retire peacefully.

Between RoTJ and Vision of the Future (in which a tiny remnant of the Empire signs a peace treaty with the New Republic)- there's lots of fighting. Often between rival Imperial factions squabbling for control after Palpatine's death. Many worlds overthrew their imperial overlords- but went neutral instead of joining the New Republic. There were many diplomatic missions to win over worlds without fighting.

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How exactly did they leave the death star? Did it have openings anywhere? Where were the openings? How did they leave? With spaceships? What about the drafted imperial soldiers? What did the rebels do with them? Also, what war crimes were they punished for? If vader lived, would the rebels have tried him for war crimes?

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Here. Search, read, etc...

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hard sigh....the clock is ticking now.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Called it a week ago.