main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT That Old Man Anakin

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhinyLuke, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, in real life not all humans are great looking, so, what's your point?

As for Vader saving his son - believe me, that's been debated for years (poke through some archived threads, please). You'll find folks that agree and some that disagree with you.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the notion that it wasn't just that he saved his son- it's also that he repented, completely, in that moment.

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I have to agree, because to be redeemed ONLY because he saved his son sort of defeats the purpose. IMHO.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

The 2nd ghost is way better.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who would have like to see this in Return in the Jedi? I would have. Luke and Leia' mother as one of the ghosts in the celebration, the 4th one. It ties in the 2 trilogies, and she never met them in person, except for when they were born, so, hey, why not put her at the ending celebration, with the other ghosts?

[​IMG]

Or who would have liked to see qui gon's ghost?

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gee whiz, you're right. Let's add all the Jedi killed at Geonosis, too. And during the war. Even Dooku - he was once a Jedi. And of course we can't forget Shmi - Luke needs to see his grandmother or there's little point to that scene.

[face_party]

Darth_Kiryan and Zeta1127 like this.
  7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who cares about shmi? Luke never mentioned her. She didn't bring him into the world. She wasn't as important as Padme, to him. The Jedi at genosis were all random and not relevant. Dooku, totally random. Also, no Greedo.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who else likes a padme force ghost idea? It sounds so sweet. She reunites with anakin in the end, watches over her grown children who never truly met her, and stands among anakin, obi wan, and yoda once more. 4 ghosts isn't a bad idea. Luke was the only one who could see the 3 ghosts. Why not have luke see his mom too? He could recognize her with anakin.

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    No Kister, either? Man, Jimmy Mac will be upset. (No, if you don't get it, I'm going to leave it a mystery.)

You think Luke is so shallow, though, that he doesn't care about his dead grandparent?

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    No. I'm not shallow. 3 ghosts is fine. 4 ghosts if fine. 5 ghosts is fine too, but anything past 5 is pushing it and the scene seems redundant? No one wants to see youngling ghosts there. Who cares about them? Why would Luke care? Showing Shmi would be kinda neat I guess. But i think showing padme is more important. But what about Qui gon? There's a qui gon ghost in a fan video on youtube. Awesome!! A prequel Jedi being in the OT ghost at the end of Jedi? Cool!!! Qui gon is awesome. If not for him, anakin would've been a slave for all his life, there would be no story, and, in ROTS yoda said he was immortal and talked to obi wan. Old obi wan in the desert, with white hair, talking to liam neeson, sounds awesome. Why not put their ghosts together?

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Why not have some scenes of Ben talking to Qui-Gon in A New Hope? Next revision, maybe. That'd be cool. Don't you think so?

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I couldn't agree more. Awesome. As Iron maiden would say, Losfer words.

But where would obi wan and qui gon talk in a new hope? In the desert? On the spaceship? The death star?

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'd suggest Ben's hovel. But cool - on the Death Star, Qui-Gon could be telling Obi-Wan: "Wait for it - wait. Patience, my young padawan - wait - here comes the slice and dice, come to poppa."

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who's poppa? Either way, that would be awesome. A jedi from the prequels, in the original trilogy. Is poppa vader or qui gon? What about qui gon communicating with Vader, remembering that cute sweet young innocent kid from Episode 1. Even better, when Anakin dies in ROTJ, have 3 ghosts in the background-obi wan, yoda, and qui gon, watching the former podracer and slave talking to his son and at last, bringing the force into balance, and fullfilling the prophecy of the Chosen one-albeit burned, bald, with pale white skin, on a space station, after serving evil for over 20 years in a samurai robot suit.

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Poppa is Qui-Gon, who's like a father to Obi-Wan, and to whom Obi-Wan is like a son. Family. So Qui-Gon is waiting for Obi-Wan to die and move in permanently with him in the Netherworld.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who's more awesome-obi wan or qui gon?

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    See my signature - isn't it rather clear?

Darth_Kiryan and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Go to fanfiction.net now and stay there, spinning your very imaginative tales while you watch the movies again and figure out the plot.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Obi wan did more heroic deeds than qui gon. I agree.

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What are some archived threads that discuss that?

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Try the search box.

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    There are hundreds of threads. It takes too long to search.

23. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    And yet you expect us to wade through hundreds of threads to bring you some?

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    No.

25. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    It's fun to just read stuff, which I do often. Sooner or later you will find stuff you really like. Reading for the sake of reading is fine.
    I don't like the search box very much myself, because it filters words and, importantly, is set to the default of pulling up the most recent results as opposed to the most relevant. This can be remedied by going to Advanced Search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.