main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Agent of the Empire #6: Hard Targets, part 1 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 3, 2012.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    To me the quintessential (not the first view, but the first one that stuck out in my mind) view of the Imperial Palace will always be from the opening sequence for TIE Fighter.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I always thought that version looked rather... odd. I love the interior shots, of course.

I was amused when "A Death Star is Born" used the TIE version of the Palace, actually -- it's not that commonly known.

3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Just got the issue and loved it as much as I thought I would. Can definitely tell the Le Carre influences.

One thing that interested me that I haven't seen mentioned on the thread yet is how Bail was eager to recruit the Counts of Serenno to his anti-Imperial movement specifically because of the legacy of Count Dooku and the Separatist cause. This is almost a 180 from Mon Mothma's view in the Essential Guide to Warfare. I find this really interesting, as while the Montha/Bel Iblis conflict is pretty well known, I think this is one of the few instances where some significant difference between Mon and Bail has really been articulated.