main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Where did han solo and chewbacca meet each other?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Palpatine would have died anyway. So no need for the Chosen One. Unless he achieved immortality, like he said about Plageius in episode 3, and cheating death.

2. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    But he did, didn't he? Post RotJ, he used clone bodies to contain his conciousness. Although the clone bodies couldn't contain his evil spirit for very long, he was in fact "cheating death".

Mods: Am I overstepping my bounds, here? Neither Han and Chewies first meeting or Palpy's clones have anything to do with the movies...

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    So anakin was useless, never brought balance to the force. Contradiction, I see here. Not the chosen one, old skywalker was.

:confused:

4. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Lol! Yeah...I guess Empatojayos Brand is acually the chosen one? :D

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    In the expanded universe, lot's of sith, dark jedi, and darkside force users are existing. So, no, he never destroys the darkside ever. He was a fake hero:_| . Qui gon was wrong. Anakin was NOT the chosen one.[face_laugh][face_rofl][face_dancing]

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No one ever said the Chosen One was supposed to destroy the dark side.

Zeta1127 and rumsmuggler like this.
  7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What are you talking about? George Lucas said that anakin destroyed the sith. It's a quote. The chosen one destroys the darkside. How is that false? the chosen one is an archetypical messiah. Messiahs destroy evil.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Lord Tyrannus, please learn more about the topic you seem so interested in. You are not helping yourself.
    The Chosen One does not destroy the dark side. The Chosen one brings balance to the Force. After the light side had been so dominant, more dark side was needed to keep the balance.
    THAT'S what Lucas said.

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Look up chosen one on Wookipedia and/or watch the chosen one featurette on youtube or the ROTS dvd. Balance=destroy sith/darkside. It's the classic savior motif.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In the film era, the dark side is dominant. By this I mean the Force is unbalanced in the direction of the dark.

The Sith and the dark side are not the same thing. The dark side is a part of the Force; the Sith are an organization. Destroying this organization does not destroy the dark side.

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    If the dark side being dominant is true, thanks for clearing that up.
    My posts may be oversimplified because I have time constraints, etc.

12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    It's been pointed out to me that the dark was the side of the Force dominant in the time of the movies. Even so, destroying the dark side fits with what I said about Anakin bringing in good in a time of evil.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean by the last sentence? Anakin destroys the darkside and the sith. I read a fanfic where mace windu told him that anakin fullfilled his destiny and destroyed the darkside. Also, what would such an epic prophecy be about? It makes sense that anakin destroys the darkside.

Destroying the sith does destroy the darkside because the darkside is controlling the force is with hate, anger, passion, emotions like that.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Define darkside.

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Darkside of the force? What else could it be?

[​IMG]

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Anakin destroys the Sith, not the dark side. The Sith and the dark side are not the same thing. One is a side of the Force. The other is a group. No one ever says in the films or EU that the Chosen One destroys the dark side. No one ever says the dark side should be destroyed. in fact a TCW character tells us that to do so would mean the end of life as we know it.

Key word: fanfic.

Probably what it was said to be about: bringing balance to the Force. Destroying the Sith. Wesa free.

[face_plain]

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I forgot what I said earlier. I'm not sure my info was accurate though. How do you know the darkside would exist without the Sith? Without people using anger to control the force, there is no darkside.

The Chosen One destroying the sith? That doesn't make any sense. How is the chosen one supposed to do that, according to the prophecy?

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    "The darkside is a part of nature and exists anyway, no way to destroy it".

^ That doesn't make any sense.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Topic's been answered. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.