main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The NEW official Hayden vs Shaw thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Lars_Muul, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean by lightsaber wounds to jedi? Yoda and obi wan said that younglings had lightsaber wounds, but not any of the older jedi-padawans, knights, masters, etc.

Either way, Vader was not nessecary for order 66. He did not help to destroy the Jedi. Almost all of that was left to the stormtroopers.

At the end of ROTS, when padme was on mustafar, other than obi wan and yoda and the soon to be born jedi twins, were there any jedi left? What about at the very end of the film? When were the jedi gone?

Luke was not the last of the jedi, and they were not gone when he died. He started a new jedi order after ROTJ.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    1. EU and movies both. Maybe Yoda didn't specifically say "Killed, these adults were, by lightsaber" but...and he and Obi-Wan did see Vader battling Cin Drallig and two padawans
    2. ALMOST all. See above. Vader did kill Jedi post-Order 66.
    3. Yes, other Jedi survived. See EU. In the movies, Yoda and Obi-Wan thought no Jedi were left alive.
    When they were gone - in a sense, they never were. Some Jedi survived. Luke became one, then others, so in a sense there was never a time without Jedi.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't know what the "official" number is, but it's definitely less than 10%.

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    @Arawan_Fenn: Sorry, no guestimates allowed. Q&A needs answers, even if one has to make them up. ;)

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    You are right on 3. It doesn't make sense for all jedi to be gone after ten minutes of a movie.

How could luke be the last jedi, and when luke died, they were all gone? Luke would start a new jedi order.

Most of the Jedi were killed by stormtroopers/clonetroopers. Vader only contributed to a minor extent. The youngling scene, and Cin drallig and the 2 padawans, not even a dozen or so. There were hundreds, possibly, thousands of Jedi. Vader was a weak coward. He had nothing to do with the downfall of the Jedi.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How old are padawans? What's the age for younglings, padawans, knights, masters?

Was Luke a padawan? If not, what was he?

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    If one goes by EU, younglings and initiates are up to age 13. At 13 they become padawans or are shipped away. They become knights when they're ready, usually mid to late 20's (per TPM novelization). Masters - probably at least 10 year after knighting.

Luke was a padawan, although not referred to as such until he"faced Vader" then "a knight you will be."

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Hayden ghost was very handsome.
    The Shaw ghost was very ugly.

9. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I wish humans discover space travel and live in another galaxy. Say what?

Why don't you agree with me? Hayden's ghost was far better. Who cares about shaw?

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As much as this planet can suck, the other ones we know about suck much worse. :p

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What does that have to do with shaw and hayden?

13. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Um, I never thought Shaw was ugly. The young Anakin ghost is a good twist for the saga, but Shaw's ghost was pretty perfect for the standalone original trilogy.

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How is it a good twist? U contradicted urself. You said that shaw was perfect, but then said that hayden was a good twist. What?

They should edit shaw out of the films completley? Put haydenn christensen's face and voice when luke takes off anakin's mask.

[​IMG]Hayden's ghost is way better looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]This is a huge continuity error. Does this look like Hayden christensen's face to you in ROTS? Add in hayden's voice too. Luke skywalker should see his father's face and hear his true voice. Hayden Christensen. Not Sebastian shaw. Agree?

[​IMG]That is Luke's father, the burned up, bald (no long hair, hair follicles burned on mustafar), hayden christensen.

That was the true face behind Vader's mask. After handsome Vader lost his long hair, he became bald. I can detect his features from before he was burned in that picture. Showing him as the unmasked Anakin Skywalker would remind us of his long-haired, young, face.

I'm curious to hear other opinions, though. Share!

15. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm talking about the saga, the actual film. Where we only see Hayden after he dies. That's the twist. It's the familiar pre-transformation Anakin who has returned.

However, the original trilogy did not have an established Anakin character other than the old man who dies. And since the original standalone trilogy is actually about Luke, the father figure seems more fitting.

EDIT: Also in the actual film, Shaw's face has been digitally altered, and he looks more severely scarred and his features have become less distinguishable. Which IMO think helps the scene, especially at the end of the saga 1-6.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What do u mean by father figure seeming more fitting? Not sure. All i can say is that hayden is better looking than shaw, and i'm more familiar with hayden.

17. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Ahhh. Back when the original trilogy was all there was, the main protagonist was mostly Luke. He was kind of always looking for a father figure, and part of the tragedy of the story was that as soon as he met his actual father, he died. The image of the elderly man was kind of his reward. The saga 1-6 is more about Anakin though, even though his children come to the foreground in episodes 4-6. Seeing young Anakin is not so much Luke's reward as it is the viewer's. That is, if the viewer likes the Anakin of the prequels.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    But shaw was not as good looking as hayden. Agree? That's why i like hayden in ROTJ.

I see ur point though. Luke wanted a father who looked the age of a father.

19. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Lol. I dunno dude. I guess I don't expect old men to be particularly good looking. He was a very old man playing an old man, so...

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Exactly. Hayden was handsome. Shaw was uglier than a rodent.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  21. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey! I happen to think rodents are very cute.

But seriously, the looks of the character... is not very relevant to the debate..

WIERD_GREEN_MAN and DarthBoba like this.
  22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, rodents are cute. The little ones. It was just an example. Pet rodents are adorable, even rats. People are too afraid of animals. Looks are relevant to the debate, for me. The debate is who's better-shaw of hayden. I chose it on the basis of looks.

Giant rodents like this are the exact opposite of cute. They're scary. Especially if u see one crawling in a sewer out of nowhere.[​IMG]

[​IMG]Baby opposums are cute.

Adult opposums are frightening. If they're domesticated, they're not. If they aren't, they just give me the creeps.

[​IMG]

23. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't know what womp rats officially look like, but in my mind, they're that scary!

24. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    So...this is what the thread has degenerated to? Rats? [face_talk_hand][face_shame_on_you]o_O

25. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Now it is, TOSCHESTATION!
    Womp rat:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Womp_rat
    [​IMG]
    Apparently this guy's face look's like a womp rat's butt, according to that master of elocution, Cade Skywalker.
    [​IMG]