main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT So, Luke wanted to be an Imperial?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Manisphere, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    That was evil, for sure. But would that have happened if the rebel alliance never existed and stole droids?

How did that explain everyone on tattoine happy the empire was gone? Almost all the population had no stake in the outcome, if the empire won or lost. The empire didn't affect their personal lives. Other than that, why was the empire evil? I'm not arguing. I'm just asking, why were Tattoine citizens happy the empire was gone? Cheering crowds mean a lot.

Even before owen and beru died, luke hated the empire, implying the evil did a lot of other evil things to the people of Tattoine. What did they do exactly? How were they a dictatorship?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Riight. Because it's the rebel's fault. Maybe the government shouldn't murder random civilians if they're on some sort of moral high ground?

I'd suggest the Empire randomly murdering their neighbors sure explains why people were pleased.

As for Luke: Maybe he actually cares about the rest of the galaxy?

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Luke hated the empire even before owen and beru died. What evil things did they do before that?

Are you saying that the senators in ROTS created the rebellion because of a self fullfilling prophecy?

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    [​IMG]

Yep, nothing evil going on here.

Deleted scenes aren't canon, btw. ;) In any event, ROTS explains why the Senators started the Rebellion. It's not because of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Luke, leia, and the rest of the rebel alliance weren't fighting against the empire to avenge the younglings. That was irrelevant at that point. It happened 20 years before.

The Sith hated the Jedi because the Jedi hated the sith.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why didn't the jedi want the sith to take over?

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Um, why don't Democrats want Republicans to take over? Because they don't. Why do I not like eggs? Because I don't. Good people do not want bad people taking over. Then, there's this thing called evil. Evil is not a desirable thing. Incompatability and common sense.
    Jedi Code:
    There is no emotion, there is peace.There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.There is no passion, there is serenity.There is no death, there is the Force.
    Sith Code
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who cares about dumb politics in an outer space good vs evil modern mythology story?

Also....................

[​IMG]

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    People who watched that other trilogy we don't discuss in here?

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What do u mean?