main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT If Luke/Leia turned to the darkside in episode 6 would they have been a Darth?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    The Sith are all darths-anakin skywalker is darth vader, palpatine is darth sidious, count dooku is darth tyrannus, and so on. They also have a master and an apprentice, one at a time. The emperor wanted Luke to defeat anakin in the duel, so he could get a new apprentice-Luke. If Luke skywalker turned to the darkside, would he have been known as Darth.... (sith name)? Also, what would you like his name to be?

What about leia? Would she be a sith Lady? What would be a cool sith name for leia?

Would they even be true sith? Or just dark side using force sensitives?

2. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Goodness, no!

Are you unaware of "the Rule of Two"? One Sith master, and one Sith apprentice. Never more.

Why do you think Ventress was never awarded the Darth title? Because Dooku already was holding it as Palpy's apprentice.

Of course, if Luke had slain Anikin instead of redeeming him, he would have been awarded a Darth title.

I wonder what Luke's Sith name might have been? :) Hmm...Darth Whiney, perhaps? Lol

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    It's very hard to find a perfect sith name for a character, next to impossible. Vader is () skywalker, actually anakin skywalker. I like the ring of that. Now, Luke Skywalker is darth, Rage.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Because he would've fallen to the darkside by succumbing to his anger.

5. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Hey, good one. That makes total sense. Anyone else want to give it a go? What might Leia's Sith name have been?

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Darth Rage? I agree that he would have fallen to the dark side because he gave in to his anger, but isn't that how it works like every time? Naming people based on that logic would mean that Darth Talon got that name because she was a bird, and A'sharad Hett moonlighted as a carrying container.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Names like this are spontaneous. George Lucas, it would be cool if he gave his opinion on this. His answer would be perfect. Otherwise, Leia could be darth carrie fisher.

8. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    ROFLMAO

Yes, perhaps "Darth Rage" is too simple. But something to that effect would've been appropriate.

A carrying container, indeed! :D

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I got a good one for Luke- Darth Zorn, Zorn meaning 'anger' in German, it'd be good since 'Vader' is German.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    'Skywalker' is a perfectly ominous name if it's attached to a very evil dude.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Darth vader is a Skywalker. Skywalker is vader.
    Luke was a skywalker. His sith name could be (not sure). But it has to have a right ring to it. Darth vader is "Anakin" Skywalker. Vader and anakin, one in the same. Luke and "random sith name" are one in the same, and their two names go perfect together.

But darth zorn is a good name too.

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Names should be symbolic and meaningful, not just because having symbolism in a story sounds cool, but for whatever reason, when someone uses a "meaningful" or "symbolic" name, it sounds good on its own.

Sidious is a version of insidious, which means sneaky, meaning Palpatine manipulated people through mysterious ways to become emperor. But on it's own, sidious is an awesome name, regardless of any symbolic meaning.

Vader is a form of invader. He invaded the jedi temple in ROTS and the empire conquered many planets, but vader on it's own is an awesome perfect, name, for Anakin Skywalker's sith title.

I love how Lucas made "Darth" a simple title that all sith lords have-not just vader. It makes vader more humanlike. Rather than his birth name being something scary and evil, his name throughout his entire life, even in the samurai suit, is Anakin.

Luke's sith title should be meaningful.

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Darth Vader has most definitely never been said to be called "Vader" because it sounds like "invader". Same for Sidious. Darth Krayt was not called Krayt because shipping containers were awesome.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    And Darth Tyranus wasn't named after a dinosaur, lol.

15. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
  16. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Indeed. Darth Krayt took the name from the widely feared krayt dragons of tatooine.

For some reason, I always thought Darth Vader's title came from the word "evade"...if "vader" is a german word, what does it mean?

One of the oddest lines in ANH, I find, is when Obi-wan calls Anikin "Darth"...not Vader or Anikin, but Darth. It's as though he didn't understand what "Darth" meant...and perhaps he didn't? But anyway, it's rather odd. Maybe GL didn't plan on using the Darth title for Sith lords at the time?

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    From the Rule of Two days on, there were generally only two true Sith at a time, and these were all called Darth-somethings. Makes sense. He's a Sith, he must be Darth.
    Can't people make names just because they like how the sound? What does Darth Wyyrlok mean? Rauder? Zannah?

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I see he kept up the podracing.

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes he was. Tyrannus saurus rex. Both are scary names.

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Anakin skywalker=darth vader
    palpatine=darth sidious

They all all the perfect names. U cant call anakin darth zentron, or palpatine darth spawn. They're not the perfect names.

Same thing with luke and leia.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I can assure you that this is not the explanation behind the name.
    Explain Darth Rauder.
    What kind of name is Ekria? Jariah? Jarael?
    People like making up names. They don't always have etymologies.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Do you think Lucas made the right decision by turning darth into a generic sith title? I think he did. It humanized vader. It would be terrible if his birth name was vader. Anakin sounds better and more humanlike. Vader=just evil persona version of father skywalker, anakin, aka hayden christensen

24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Why can't I call him Darth Zentron?

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    You're correct. But all the cool names have etymologies. Sidious=insidious. Maul=to injure, or maul. Vader=invader. It's not etymologies in and of itself that makes a name cool. It's just that, whenever people use etymologies, they end up with cool names. Or the best names have them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.