main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Skirata Clan

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tal0nkarrde, Oct 27, 2012.

1. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I just finished reading The 501st and I'm ticked off. I had read that Karen Traviss wouldn't be continuing the series, but does that mean no one will be continuing it. We know had Darman's little boy, Kad, turns out if we read the Legacy of the Force series of novels, but I want to know what happens in between. I want to know if Darman and Niner ever get to desert. I want to know why Kad goes back to using the name Venku. I want to know what happens to the rest of the Skirata clan over the years! Anybody else as ticked off as I am about how they left all this?

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Honestly, I was more ticked off by the quality of The 501st. That made it easier to not care about what happens next.

I liked the RC books on the whole. I'm more angry that due to changes in canon, The Skirata Clan no longer exists.

Esg and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm fine with their going the way of Quinlan Vos and Tholme.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Let’s be honest the next step in Mando society after the Clone Wars is occupation, collaboration and slavery, so if you like the characters you might not really want to see them bound in energy shackled by the Imperials or Mando Imperial Collaborators. I would, but that's just me. :p

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    We probably won't hear about Clan Skirata in a significant way again.

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Stormtroopers came, everyone died. And there was much rejoicing.

Seriously, Stover is supposedly doing Imperial Commando 2.

Esg likes this.
  7. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    LotF says the clan still exists, they just don't use their real clan-name much.

There was an outline follow-through arc on KT's website after the cancellation - but who knows (always assuming the Stover rumour is correct) if that will be followed.

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Definitely. But if it's any conciliation, there's a strong but as-of-yet unconfirmed rumor that Matthew Stover—one of Star Wars' greatest authors—will be picking up the series again in the near future. In the mean time, while it's certainly not as good as novelized events, Karen Traviss' outline for her original Imperial Commando 2 is as follows:
    * Darman would have returned to Mandalore, kidnapped his son Kad, and gone on the run.
    * Niner would have deserted the 501st Legion and joined the clan at Kyrimorut
    * Rede would have turned out to be loyal and not naïve, and Skirata would have been forced to kill him to save the others—an act that would have haunted him until his death
    * Kal Skirata and Djinn Altis would have teamed up, and the Nulls would have helped Altis fake his death to escape the Empire.
    * Skirata and Nyreen Vollen would marry, as would Gilamar and Uthan. Scout would have been adopted by Mij Gilamar and Dr. Uthan, but she would have remained a Jedi and joined Altis' sect
    * Skirata would have reached some kind of peace with some of the Kaminoans, and Dr. Uthan would have perfected the treatment to stop the clones' accelerated aging.
    * Maze and Arligan Zey would have gone off traveling with Altis and Kina Ha.
    * The Death Watch would have found out about Dred Priest's death at the hands of Gilamar, and would have started hunting for Clan Skirata. Clan Skirata would have been forced to flee Mandalore to evade Death Watch and the Empire. Darman would have joined the clan in their disappearance, bringing Kad with him.

Canon's been attended to, and though they had once been threatened by TCW's issues, their place is safe again.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I recently keep seeing this rumour about Stover... what's the origin of that?

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure Traviss had a master plan to overwrite all of this and replace it with a story of how her sarcastic psychopath heroes ran circles around the poor stupid idiot Imperials in between bouts of sitting at tables and talking about how stupid the Jedi were while their girlfriends fawn over them in the background.

I also just saved you the money of having to buy such a book if it ever does get written, so you're welcome.

11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
  12. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I hope the rumors are true, but seeing as though these rumors have been out for some time, I'm betting against seeing another Commando novel. I would have loved to see what Karen Traviss (posted earlier) had in mind come to fruition.

Tim Battershell likes this.