main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Amazing episode I was shocked to see Steela die like that I truly felt sad when she died. This arc only got better with each episode and ended strong.

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Excellent episode.

- A lot of action, quite different from the last 3.

- HONDO!

- Guess we're not at Eta-2 starfighters yet.

- Is that the first time we've seen the Droid Commandos talk since Rookies?

- Were the weapons Hondo got from Maul's ship? They're the same rocket launchers in Revival.

- The rebels were getting massacred, so much for being a mary sue alliance like in the last ones.

- I love the gunships, those were in Revenge of the Sith and Battlefront (I forgot what they're called).

- Holy **** I thought they killed Ahsoka off.

- I wasn't expecting Steela to die, thought it would be Saw.

10/10, by far the best episode of this arc.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No this episode comes before that.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This was a pretty good episode. I found myself really liking the music throughout. The last part reminded me of the ending to Return of the King, in a good way. Poor Rash, I almost feel sorry for the guy, but that's what you get when you side with the Confederacy, as Argyus and others know full well.

The battles were good, though I thought it was lame that the rebels were sustaining no casualties. But then the gunships came in and rained down hell on their heads. :D And even the commando droids were acting efficiently. Hondo was cool in his appearance, and those rocket launchers were cool. Still. Ahsoka. [face_sigh]It's probably not a good idea to stop and think things through critically DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING BATTLE! DUMB DUMB DUMB! Though, not quite as dumb as Dendup running out to an indefensible position like that.

When Steela was about to fall I was really worried the writers would forget that Ahsoka can simply levitate people. Luckily they didn't, so that scene was alright. Nothing cringe-worthy. Even that kiss was tolerable. But Ahsoka not dying from that gunship's blaster is a bit unbelievable. I don't care that it was her shoulder, that arm should at least be gone.

Anyway, it was a good conclusion to the arc, and the best looking, a 9/10.

KED12345 likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This was the only episode of this arc that I actually liked, and perhaps my favorite of the Season so far. One thing I thought was unnecessary was showing Anakin visiting Hondo. I felt that could have been left implied without actually showing it, then they could have spent a few more minutes on the ending.

Though as part of the overall arc I thought these episodes were too disjointed in terms of how the characters relate to each other. Like Ahsoka just getting over Lux because Anakin says he understands and tells her purpose before feelings or whatever. And how it looked like Saw might engage in flirting with Ahsoka though by the end turned away from her condolences. Dendup regains faith in himself because... the Jedi are involved? His relationship to them is never really built upon in any way. Rash being shot by Kalani just seemed like it was included to show "these are bad guys, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk." I see no rational point to it. At the very least leaving him around might keep Onderon unstable which would still benefit the CIS even if they no longer wished to maintain forces there. Instead they execute him, and hand the planet over to Dendup and seemingly the Republic.

rumblewagon and Valairy Scot like this.
  6. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I thought Dendup would die and Saw would become king though he is reckless.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think Steela's death will help teach Saw to be more considerate and careful, but still allow him to be a capable warrior. It's a hard lesson, but one he needed to learn, one way or another.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Can we please get to the Shadow Conspiracy arc now.. that arc is going to be incredible.

Please Filoni? Please..no? ...Young Jedi?

9. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    The Ending of the ARC when everyone gathered up for Steela's funeral reminded me of The Hunger Games ending when Peeta and Katniss went home and I'm a big Hunger Games fan.

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well that was a good episode to end the arc. It was much stronger and very enjoyable. Steela's death, well I was expecting to at least one of them to die out of the three main rebels. However Ahsoka will probably carry some guilt over being unable to save her. The random shooting of King Rash seemed as if they had completely forgotten what to do about him but other then that small niggle I thought that the episode was excellent and very enjoyable. It rounds off an arc that has had trouble in its paces however I think it pays off.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This was a great episode. I even laughed at the Disney like moment of putting a melon over the dumb battledroid's head and the other getting crushed by being sat on. That was like something out of The Lion King. Once we got past that the droids were pretty scary, must be the same batch of Commando Droids the ones from Rookies were built in. Where have you guys been all this time? The battle with the droid gunships was epic. Steela's death was actually well done although really I felt more for Ahsoka there. Saw actually got some development by learning a brutal lesson. I also liked how Ahsoka quoted Lux's line back to him at the end, the convo reminded me of Fives and Rex at the end of Umbara.

A couple of detractors. Rash still didn't do much. Tandin didn't do much.The true king is a total coward. Ahsoka's arm should have been shot off. Why is it normal blasters go straight through armored clones yet the blaster from a gunship doesn't even scratch Ahsoka? Why do the Seperatists only now decide Onderon isn't worth the trouble and leave? Lux simply comes to the conclusion the Republic is the right side. Oh well, atleast I can chalk that one up to Lux still being a lovable idiot. Atleast Ahsoka still isn't buying it.

I'll give this one another 8. Time to watch all 4 together and see what I get out of that.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Just saw this episode online and thought it was amazing,

-The Gunships were massacring basically everyone, awesomeness
    - the droid humor was funny as always
    - Hondo was cool like he should be
    - I didn't expect Steela to die the way she did, i expected her to get shot but she fell ( homage to ROTK )
    - The Battle was good

10/10

13. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Does anyone know how to watch the extended episodes on Season 4 dvd sorry for using it on this thread.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Darth Vader likes this.
  15. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Just finished watching the episode and I thought it was the best episode so far this season and definitely the best episode of the arc. The battle was great and Hondo was great. I didn't see that coming when Steela died I was expecting that whole time that Ahsoka would save her and it is sad that Steela died. But its nice to see that king Dendup is back to being king again and its also nice to see that Onderon is finally free. The timing was pretty good for this episode also. I would rate this episode 9/10

SeparatistFan likes this.
  16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    First of all this coin has two sides. One awesome side and one totaly dull side.

Awesome Site:

The Animation!!!! I mean what was that? It was just epic. the action. the camera, the droid design (Those CIS Gunships definatly rock! Want to see more of them!)
    Ahsoka was just awesome here, she took herself back for the greater good and was ok with Lux not loving her. Thats what i call an adult behaviour! She is definatly not a mary sue!
    The actionscenes, hondo, the flying beast. Everything.
    Failoni and Lucas can thank their Korean Trainess, they do a hell of a job! CONGRATS!!!

The scene where Steela dies was from a cinema point of view ok, but the storywriting was plain stupid. It remembered me to the Roadrunner comics when that coyote falls in the depth at those cliffs...LOL

And here is the extremely dull side

I just LOLed at this extremely stupid writing. Did anyone noticed how relaxed and calm Bonteri was??? LOL I mean the girl you love, dies infront of your eyes and you are smiling, "Its ok, i have the reserve with the horns"... :D[face_laugh]

Who ever write that ****, needs a kick in da butt. But i am fine because my own project still can become canon.

To steela i want to say, i never liked you girl, but you were a great leader. Rest in Peace. (But in fact she looked more sleeping than dead. At least somebody who fell 50 feet in the depth must have some bad injuries in the face.)

---

p.s. this is what i mean with that road runner and coyote stuff..LMAO

so stupid! And these TCW writers getting paid for this sxxx!!! :_|[face_clown]:eek:[face_sick]

rumblewagon and TheVortex3 like this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I didn't get that at all either. When Ahsoka called Obi-Wan for reinforcements, it is even said that the Republic isn't going to get involved in the matter and that this was the Jedi secretly helping Onderon to stand on its own against the CIS and the Republic helping defeats the purpose. And Dendup accuses both CIS and Republic of being corrupt, though holds respect for the Jedi. Why the Jedi helping them proves that the Republic - which did not help - is the right side vs. remaining independent in beyond me.

On an unrelated note: I was confused in the beginning how Anakin points out how it doesn't matter if they send reinforcements, since it's already been exposed that the Jedi are helping. But then he turns around in the exact same conversation and proposes sending Hondo to make it look like the Jedi aren't helping... It's too late, that's already been revealed.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I really liked the animation too, DM99. The camerawork was great. I loved that shot of the palace in the beginning, especially with the music.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought of this as well. It really doesn't make sense as the Republic itself was never involved. Perhaps the Jedi don't send obvious reinforcements because sending the gunships and the clones would definately make the republic involved. Its like they are trying to draw a line between the Republic and the Jedi which I didn't think there was one and Lux sure as hell is not seeing it. It was only Lux who said the Republic is the good. Dendup it the only one who makes any distinction what so ever. Maybe it was all just a grass is greener type thing. Its kinda intriguing.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Pretty nice conclusion of the arc. Separatists gave up bit too easily though. Even though I think this arc would've worked better as trilogy (Front Runners was kinda pointless) this is still one of the best long story arcs by far.

+Steela died in a very unexpected manner- it was Ahsoka's failure, Saw's fault and revenge of the droid gunship beyond the grave- awesome. Pretty much like Osi Sobeck's death- this was well done and thoroughly thought death. Ahsoka being injured was also a great detail- her character shield is not impenetrable:p.
    +Droid gunships were awesome. They really massacred rebels and their beasts.
    +Hondo was funny addition while kinda pointless.
    +Battle was good and environment pretty well done.
    +A lot of celebrating people in the end.

-Greatest con is Republic being very illogical concerning Onderon-situation: they won't help Onderonians as long as they are ruled by the separatist king..... but if they wouldn't be -then jedi would attack Republic-aligned king or what?:confused: What kind of law prevents Republic from attacking their enemy??? Rash=Separatist=Enemy of the Republic. How is Onderon different than Geonosis or Umbara?- Why rule of the King Rash is accepted by the Republic while he is clearly ally of the Confederacy? This just doesn't make sense- they should have said that Republic simply has no resources or troops to help everyone - instead of claiming that there is political reason since there obviously isn't. Or then Onderon left the Republic long before the war, but this was not stated in any material and seems that Onderon is simply illegally ruled traitorous separatist world and it should be treated as one.
    -Dxun was not seen, but that means it's not messed up either:p.

After all this arc was good but at times it felt bit repetitive (rebels destroy droids and after that..... they destroy more droids[face_tired] ). What irritated me most is this whole thing of Onderonian rebels not receiving help from the Republic because their king is traitor..... that makes no sense since it should be exactly another way around- that should be exactly the reason for Republic to intervene..... Of course if Onderon would be independent, neutral and not part of the Confederacy thing would be different. But that was not the case. Now republic claims that they cannot help because they would be fighting their enemy.... isn't that the whole point of the war?

Inblackestnight likes this.
  21. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Agamar was mentioned by Dooku, possible future appearance?

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Ahsoka will not cary guilt. Lux was totaly fine with Steelas dead (I am still LOLing). And Ahsoka is like this now...

She will solace Lux tonight. No time to lose. :D

23. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Yeah I think that Agamar could make a future appearance.

24. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    The STUPID WRITING LAW. Never heared of it?

Yes, and PROFIT.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Lux was kinda shocked first- but then again he has "replacement" for Steela very close to him.;)

DM99 likes this.