main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Neither did I. I think he should win more battles in TCW, but is otherwise closer to ROTS Grievous than the other EU versions.

2. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    The way Grievous has been depicted in TCW is in-line with his persona and abilities in the ROTS movie and as such, reflects his abilities very well at that. I would like to see him win more battles, the problem is for most part he has been pitted against characters who cannot die until ROTS (or later), such as , Kenobi, Fisto, moreover, the Jedi he has faced for most part are more powerful (ie Council members) - so a stalemate or loss is expected.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    They should've let him kill Eeth Koth, hopefully later on he will.

They owe him that after taking away his Adi Gallia kill, even if to me she still died in Obsession.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  4. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Especially since he captured both Koth in Season 2 and then Gallia during the droid arc last season ... Wouldn't it add much more to your credibility as a Jedi killer to actually, you know, kill them?

5. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I would love to see grievous take over a Republic planet. He still has not got the Gungans back for what they did to him. If he can take out a planet like Dathomir why can't he do the same to a Republic planet.

Paparazzo likes this.
  6. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Very really needs to me a Naboo arc with him and Nute Gunray.

Grievous could kill Jar Jar, and it's actually Boss Lyonie we see in ROTS.

7. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It would be nice for Grievous to kill a Jedi instead of Savage for a change.

I want to see Gunray back on the show and I would like to see Rune Haako with him.

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012
    And not forgeting Rune Haako. Instead of a 4 part arc on onderon, I would have preferred a 4 part arc on Naboo with Grievous and Gunray having a CIS victory.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  9. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012
    It would be nice for Greivous to kill Savage.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I was just browsing the Grievous article on Wookieepedia and read this part:
    The part in bold has got to be a joke; I don't recall hearing it before so could anyone shed some light on this?

11. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

[​IMG]

rumsmuggler, Esg, DarthJenari and 2 others like this.
  12. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The part in bold has got to be a joke; I don't recall hearing it before so could anyone shed some light on this?[/quote]
    It's not a joke, that really was Lucas' brilliant idea for Grievous' backstory. He was envious of the Jedi, but wasn't Force-sensitive. His body was replaced to recreate their speed and reflexes, and he hates the Jedi basically because they're the select, genetically gifted few lording their powers over the many, and thus deserve to die.

Which is...yeah, not that great. I've read and seen a few stories where the villain falls to greed and jealousy, but Grievous' original backstory was deep and tragic, and generally better in every way. Not to worry, however: The Essential Guide to Warfare denotes Lucas' garbage as one of many rumors concerning Grievous' history.

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I always thought he was just a Kaleesh warrior with a history of war who was terribly injured and mangled in a ship crash (which was supposedly staged) and had to undergo the transformation into a cyborg to survive; I read even well before TCW premiered and thought it was more or less considered to be canon (by the way, wasn't this touched upon in 'Labyrinth Of Evil'?)

And about the Jedi thing, I supposed he was trained in lightsaber combat since Dooku found him to have a certain skill with lightsabers so that part on Wookieepedia felt new to me.

14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Lucas hates grievous! Vader is the only cool cyborg out there!

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see why Grievous has not improved from the standpoint that it's obvious that his "humanity" (kaleeshiity?) means little to him and is expendable if it means becoming a greater warrior. Regardless of how he became a cyborg is irrelevant to the fact the he sees the EXTENSIVE modifications as improvements over being an organic being, and he insists that they were voluntary changes that he chose. He's a face and a sack of organs. In his mind that's a fair tradeoff to becoming a powerful warrior. Yet, its been shown several times that these changes are not enough. So I don't know why he just stopped. That kind of do-anything-to-win attitude seems like it would make Grievous the top of person that would analyze his weaknesses and undergo further improvements to cover his vulnerabilities. Yet he keeps getting restored (after losing limbs) to being the exact same cyborg that has proven unable to defeat the likes of Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan.

Given Grievous' self view, it just seems like he should be the kind of villain that has a new toy every time he shows up or some kind of armor modification to compensate for what has proven to not work.

The crew has their hands tied as far as how they have to represent Grievous by the end of TCW (to be consistent with ROTS). But IMO it would have made more sense had Grievous been quite a bit different starting out and then evolved into the character that he is by ROTS with modifications and improvements being made along the way such as the split arms and being trained personally by Dooku. But instead we have a character who claims to have chosen to sacrifice his organic body in favor of cybernetic improvements, yet does not improve on those cybernetics when they prove insufficient.

QuangoFett likes this.
  16. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Anyone else want to see Grievous's wheelbike in the series?

SeparatistFan, DM99 and Paparazzo like this.
  17. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    That would be fantastic.

18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    ROTS novel stated he was very powerful.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  19. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    i think they just mean he has a powerfull army. *cough cough*

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yes! And hopefully if we get that we'll get the hailfire droids as well. They can probably use the same basic model.

I heard he put up a mean fight in an arm wrestling match.

Once.
    Or maybe that was because his opponent Asajj was just really wasted at the time.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Its MUCH better this way, Savage killing Jedi is WAY more believable.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    NO, actually the novel confirmed his first battle in 2D CW.

Also

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    People all forgot in EP III GG's chest was injured due to Mace Windu's choke in the end of 2D CW, so that might be the reason why didn't he perform well in that fight.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    As I said in the Season 5 spoilers thread, I hope Grievous gets revenge against the Gungans and has Otoh Gunga destroyed.

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Then what explains:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.