main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Jen, I love the gifset. That's so awesome.

Yeah, Bae is going to be someone significant. Peter Pan is a great idea and I would totally lol if he's Henry's father, that would be a killer twist.

Emma does have some seriously cut arms. :p

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    The only reason I don't think Bae is Peter Pan is that I think the last episode gave hints to the idea of Peter Pan when Hook mentions never growing old and Neverland, as well as when Rumple goes to get Mila and Hook says something that vaguely reminds me of Peter Pan's reason for kidnapping Wendy, that the Lost Boys need a mother. I wonder if that means they won't have an actual Peter Pan figure.

3. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm not sure they would go there - they probably want an entirely different Peter Pan story.

Oh and Dr. Whale is Frankenstein! That's just awesome. I really wish she could get Daniel back but it looks like he turns into some kind of freaky zombie.

4. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    And my favs from that list would be Poppins and Oz. And in the case of Oz there is a whole other cast that could jump in. No mention of Tinkerbell?

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Why are we hiding spoilers for aired episodes? Or, for that matter, spoilers about our own assumptions (which aren't spoilers anyway)?

Anyway, upon my own viewing of last night's episode, I was actually thinking along the same lines as some of you (ie. that Bae is actually a prominent flying figure).

I also enjoyed Hook's references to Rumpel as a croc. It was very neat how Hook lost his hand to a "croc" even in this version of the story. For that matter, while I've criticized this series for its (numerous) failings, the episodes that revolve around Rumpel are always clever, always brilliant, and always emotional/intense.

Moreover, I love how Rumpel is cleverly tied into some of these stories. He's the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, he's a scaly character from yesterday's episode, and...I'm missing one, aren't I?

It's too bad the writers don't do so good a job with all the other characters' stories.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Spoilers have a 24 hour safety period. I must say I tend to hate that sort of thing, if you don't want to be spoiled then don't click on the thread and such. But, and agreed upon time period works and the Spoiler tag is an even better net.

Rumpel's story is the most compelling so far.

I caught the croc ref too. Did I miss a 'tick toc' to go with it?

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We like the spoiler tag? I dunno; I like to think we're following the 2 week rule of spoilers for people who aren't caught up yet.

And as to that list, it sounds like:

Already in it/haven't revealed yet:
    Moby Dick
    Tom Sawyer
    Robin Hood

Will be coming:
    - Something Jungle Book related
    - Little Mermaid
    - Mary Poppins

I'm glad they cleared up the Sherlock Holmes thing. I remember them mentioning that from back before the show started.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but IIRC, people in the Walking Dead thread are discussing the latest episodes fairly casually. And yeah, I generally don't click on threads until I've caught up on things. It only makes sense, right?

10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Re. Spoilers: have pity on those of us in the UK, where Season 1 has only just finished airing! Probably start Season 2 this Autumn!

11. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Stick with the spoiler policy please , Valyn.

I liked Rumple being the Croc too, it was a nice touch. He was also Ella's "fairy godfather".

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, Katya!

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You did. He said it at one point telling either Hook or his wife to hurry about about something.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I think I'm most excited about the possibility of them adding The Little Mermaid to the show.

s65horsey likes this.
  15. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, they want to do it. In fact in the Beauty and Beast episode where the Evil Queen shows up at the end, she mentions wanting Rumple's help with 'that mermaid problem'. So they set it up nicely for a future episode.

Miana Kenobi and Handmaiden_Yane like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The idea that Captain Jack Sparrow might be on the show seems a tad too jump the shark-ish to me.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I don't think they'll do it, tbh. The character is too completely meshed with Johnny Depp, that, as they said, they wouldn't do it without him. I don't think Johnny Depp would be on the show...except maybe for guest-starring in an episode or two.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I also forgot about Regina's throw-away comment about wicked magic "turning her green." That could either have been a jest or an actual Oz-characters reference.

19. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I forgot to mention that it took two episodes for me to finally realize that Cora is played by Barbara Hershey. She has not aged that well. :p

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    To become a knight one must bond with a horse by cleaning up its poop? Phhhht.

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Very good for roses, so I've always been told!

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Again, I thought that this episode is another great example of how OUaT twists fairy tales/stories ever so slightly.
    I love how Rumple/Regina becomes Dr. Frankenstein/The Monster in a sense.

Also,
    I'm glad Emma's lying-Sixth-Sense thing is back...why couldn't she have had it back when Cora first introduced herself in the pit?

s65horsey likes this.
  23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    See and as a horse person I loved that part.

Juliet316 and Handmaiden Yané like this.
  24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Loved that Hook pretended to be this helpless victim and that Emma totally caught him. I agree that Emma's gift was lacking with Cora but maybe magic came into play there.

I liked seeing Rumple and Regina as the master/student and having Regina in therapy with Hopper. "It's been 3 days since i used magic." lol. Nice moments.

Overall good but I wasn't over the moon with the episode. I feel like we're Regina origin storied out so I think Emma's next week will be a welcome change.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I missed much of last's night's episode thanks to the nail-biting last inning of the Giant's game. But, I liked what I did see of it.