main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    So, having composed my thoughts on the matter, I think overall the arc was decent. not explosive or awe-inspiring, but decent. I think for me, the Geonosis arc is still the best one of the series. In any case, though, I did enjoy it, and I think this last episode wrapped things up nicely.

The cliff scene was certainly a tense moment for me. Will it be Steela or will it not? will someone go over trying to save her? So certainly I genuinely wasn't sure what was going to happen. When it did, it was an appropriately sad moment for me. it's never fun when somebody you've invested interest in dies like that, but then they wanted to create a powerful moment fro ma story-telling aspect and I think they did just that and did it well.

The only very, very, minor issues I have is that, first, it seemed a little cheap having the love triangle resolved by having one of them killed. Second, I was mildly surprised Lux didn't blame Ahsoka for Steela's death even if it technically wasn't her fault. I just spent the rest of the episode waiting for him to get angry at her and he didn't.

the resolution will make for interesting developments now though. With Lux likely on Corusant form now on, it'd certainly be easier for them to see each other. I'll be interested to see how that plays out in the future.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    He was angry about anakins thick skull. Ani is not a child anymore, after a point his behaviour towards Obi Wan is respectless. And Obi Wan only respects people which show him the same respect.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope I'm wrong about Lux having fulfilled his part of Ahsoka's story line since she appears to be over him ATM and we see more of him now that he is going to be on Coruscant. I'm afraid he's just going to be walking around in the background from here on out like every senator who isn't Padme or Bail.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Lux appeared to have his emotions removed the last couple of episodes.

Still preferred him to be this idealistic, somewhat pampered young man in over his head with Mandos, Jedi and now the nascent Rebel Alliance.

Mzukiller, fistofan1 and DM99 like this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I can live with that.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Can someone explain why Kalani shot Rash?

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Tying up the loose end.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Because Rash wasn't needed anymore

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Not needed != a problem

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    "Gosh" it looks boring as hell and what the duece.......is everything now a 4 part series? This is going to make watching the show a chore instead of being able to get into it. Why? cause in the middle of something it ends then you have to wait 6 more days, then again another 6 more days. It's okay every now and then but another 4 parter back to back? The first part of season 5 is almost over and what do you have? One episode of Maul, 4 on rebellion and 4 of how to get a lightsaber and who knows what the last two will be, but I can bet its going to be about the droids an thats it, there goes the first half of season 5. It's not making watching this fun, I want a little variety. I still like to see several one episode shows and two episode ones too. Not everything can be three or four parters or prequels and sequels to other episodes that were done just to do homages to GL.

I'm not complaining, I like the show and this last arc was very very good and I agree with the review that was posted by this site on not just the last episode but the arc as a whole. This arc was very powerful for the series and way better IMO than the Umbara arc.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Mostly every episode of this season are 4 Part Arcs

12. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    What do you expect? The droid army lost, the rebels had an advantage, they had equal arms to fight the droid gunships, and the need to fight was decreased since Front Runners.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    So the British should have killed King George III after the Battle of Yorktown?

14. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm just explaining why Rash was not needed anymore. He wasn't important to the timeline and his importance wasn't that great.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was glad to see Kalani shoot Rash, and amused to see Rash realize where Dooku and Kalani were going with that conversation right before it happened. No more fruit eating for you.

Overall, this episode was decent. It was the best of this arc, but that isn't really saying much, and it didn't justify the boringness of the prior episodes or the fact that there were three of them; the arc stayed mediocre and too long.

As always, Hondo was a welcome appearance: "oh, look at the time... gotta go." [face_laugh]

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I watched it again and I still don't see what Dooku had to gain from shooting Rash. It's not like Rash knew about Sidious and was threatening to reveal him should the CIS fail to keep control of Onderon.

17. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Not sure why there needs to be a reason or anything to gain from Rash's killing. The traitor who was betrayed.

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The Onderonian rebels had won and Rash was a loose end - a potential risk depending on how much he knew. Why bother keeping him alive and risking him giving up info in a potential POW situation?

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There needs to be a reason because I doubt anyone would betray someone for no reason.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I was more confused as to how Dooku sits there and criticizes Rash for being an ineffective leader, but then when Kalani mentions that the CIS has lost, Dooku pretty much gives the DROID a pat on the back and treats it like no big deal and tells him to fall back. I mean... he's a droid... not some CIS patriot that Dooku needs to put on a show for. Dooku must have had some really bad human/alien relationships to prefer the company of droids and to be more civilized towards them.

And Kalani must have had some kind of sadism program installed :confused:

Compared to the older tactical droid models that seemed to base everything off of calculations. He seemingly saw some probability that Rash was a threat, though I don't see how.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sith lord. He doesn't need a reason to betray him, it's what they do. ;)

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Bad writing.

23. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    be over him? She even let somebody die because of him (unconscious)... i have watched it again. Just look at the scene again. It seems she did let pass 1 or 2 seconds to much, before she looks after Steela. 1 or 2 Seconds which could have been enough to save her.

Her Look at the ground. Her Eyes seem to think about something, after the hit on her shoulder. Than she jumps up 2 Seconds to late.

[​IMG]

Thats the scene after she was shot. She gets up and looks at the ground for 1-2 seconds, than she jumps up and looks for Steela.

I wonder what she thought? "Oops i have forgotten Steela!" or what?

After she realized what is happen she looked shocked at lux. A bit shocked about herself too.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was thinking either that or Rash was demanding Dooku's continued support. "Because that's what Sith Lords do." is terrible writing.

Esg likes this.
  25. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

in this picture you can still notice the floating dust. Steela hit the ground in the Moment Ahsoka looked at her down the cliff.

Damn, Filoni is a true GANGZTER!

[​IMG]

epic

darklordoftech likes this.