main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    "Hey master! Race you back to the secret base! Loser has to stick his tongue on the flagpole."

FARK2005, laloga and Valairy Scot like this.
  2. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I love that they have the Jedi emblem on their outfits. :D

3. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    yes, that's so the droids and such know which snow-suited guys to shoot FIRST.
    (Jedi play fair, no doubt about it)

laloga likes this.
  4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Disney bought Lucasfilm!! New movies! I am excited, although obviously Obi-Wan won't be in there

laloga likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, if they take long enough, Ewan would be old enough to play ghost!Obi-Wan.

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    So this is how liberty dies... to thunderous applause....

Or in the words of Obi-Wan:

[​IMG]

.... Going to bed now. Hmmmmph.

7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ewan expressed his enthusiasm on twitter! :D He's hoping Obi-Wan will be needed somewhere :p He said 'hologram' ...maybe an old message or recording? Ghost would be good too

laloga and Valairy Scot like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, he must have read my post. :p
    [​IMG]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes! Lol :D

laloga likes this.
  10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He's so adorable... sigh... [face_love] I love his enthusiasm for it

laloga likes this.
  11. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow, surprised that Ewan's still excited for this. :p

If they need a voice-only old Obi-Wan, they should get James Arnold Taylor to do it. ;)

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    My Sam (cat) died at 18 today - just a while ago, here at home, just a month shy of our 18th anniversary together. He was and is greatly loved. RIP Sam, know you brightened my life almost every day. @};-

[​IMG]

obimom and Darth_Martus like this.
  13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm so sorry Val. Such a beautiful kitty. So, so sorry, my thoughts are with you

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry to hear that, Val.

15. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    He looks like such a sweetheart. So sorry to her that.

16. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    That's so sad. Loosing your furry friend is never easy.

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Sorry, Val! He's soooo cute!

I'm wondering who in the world is going to play Obi-Wan.....Please, PLEASE! Say that Ewan is going to play him!!!! PLEASE!!!!! [face_praying]

18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I have not been getting alerts about new posts on here...Val I'm so sorry to hear about Sam...How sad.

Such a beautiful cat too, with a bit of kitty orneriness in him too it looks like...

18 years is a long time...thats when I lost my kitty too a few years ago.

As for Ewan in the new movies...I would love it..and I love that he would enjoy that. I hope it can work out for him (maybe flashbacks of Luke remembering "Ben" on Tatooine? And maybe force ghosts? Go Ewan!! [face_dancing]

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    If the ST focuses on the rebuilt Jedi Order at all, I image there'll be a giant Obi-Wan statue somewhere conspicuous. The man more than deserves such recognition.

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Good Saturday morning everyone. The first Saturday I've had completely off in about 6 weeks.

This won't last though...they said the latter part of November overtime and six days a week working starts again and will last until January. I do get Thanksgiving day off though...:)

Read some of the previous posts I didn't get alerted about :( and Val is absolutely right. When I been having only a limited time to be on here, I've spent most of it working on my story and as Val can attest, my latest chapter is being a real pickle. I'm either overdoing in one way or another, trying to find the right balance and have it be "believeable " enough...sheesh.

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Val [:D]

Sorry I haven't been around much guys, uni work is keeping me busy and plus writing my own fic, and when I can I tend to spend most of my time in the Television section here. I should visit more often.

And for Ep VII? Well, Force Ghost Obi-Wan please!!! Hey, they do need some guiding light!

Though I do have a question, I thought for some reason Ewan mcGregor wasn't too keen on his involvement with the prequels? Is that true? Because I know how much of a fan he is but for some reason I got the impression he wished he hadn't of done those films. If this is not true, I must have read a fan rumour somewhere and took it as fact...

And lastly, because this is the Obi-Wan thread, how close could Obi-Wan come realistically to the dark side? I have a fic that I want to write where he will be captured by Dooku and he wants Obi-Wan to join him. He wouldn't go fully dark because I do want to stay true to his character. But I'm curious as to how far he could slip and exactly what would make him get to the point where he'd be falling... I have a few ideas myself but I figured I'd ask here for some feedback.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I think Obi-wan said a few things during the films about how frustrating it was to work in front of a green screen instead of face to face with people a lot of the time, and he may have made a few other comments along the way that people either took too seriously or took out of context, but overall he loved being Obi-Wan, and still loves the movies...

Interesting question on your second part. Will be interesting to see what response you get...I have nothing right now, but will comment if I get anything...need to think about it.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, considering Lucas's involvement will be toned down from when he made the prequels, I have a feeling these movies may not be as CGI heavy as the prequels were.

Or, Ewan equates Disney with big fat paycheck, and is more than willing to hop on that train. /cynicism

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thats something my hubby would likely say, and he's grown pretty cynical over the years. :(

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Living in NYC does that to a person. ;)