main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Disney buying Lucasfilm????? Star Wars goes on?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiAlKenobi, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Wow. Disney is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion??????

Is this a good thing?

2. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I just read this too!! WOW!! And it could be a great thing. It is in good hands.

3. SithMaster83

SithMaster83 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2005
  4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    What would episode 7 even be about? I don't know how I feel about Star Wars with Lucas on the sidelines. To me anything besides Lucas Star Wars is just fan fiction. If he is as involved as he was in the original trilogy I would be fine with it, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case. They are talking many more films far out into the future, about who or what? Directed by who? Written by who?

5. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I always hoped they would have Mark Hamill in them as an Obi-Wan elder Jedi type (in a supporting role).

6. iamscottjediknight

iamscottjediknight Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2009
    I don't know what is up and what is down anymore. I don't know if I want a 7th Star Wars movie. I really don't want the franchise to get diluted.

morrison85 likes this.
  7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Wow. Just... wow. So I missed the news of Lucas passing Lucasfilm onto Kathleen Kennedy (which gives me hope--lots of it, actually). Now this? Episode VII??? Wow.

I'm kind of speechless.

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Stunned. Completely and utterly stunned.

9. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    I feel numb. Does anyone else feel numb?

Leah_Jade87 likes this.
  10. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    thread on this already in in Star Wars Community board

as I said there:

believe it when i see it

morrison85 likes this.
  11. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Numb and confused. People I talk to don't understand why I am not over the moon they are making another Star Wars film hah.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  12. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I was like cursing up a firestorm. I can't believe this. I always thought Lucasfilm would be independent. Why would he opt for such a change? I don't want anymore films. The Saga IS complete!

13. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I guess it's logical. I mean, there's been a lot of collaboration between Lucasfilm and Disney for, say, Star Wars day and Star Wars themed rides.

I do wonder what this will mean for The Clone Wars though given that it currently airs on Cartoon Network.

As for Episode VII, I'm sure Disney will produce something people like. The Avengers went over well, didn't it? Regardless, I don't know that I'll ever consider it part of my Star Wars canon. I guess I've just become too set in stone.

Won't a 2015 release be rather awkward, though? What with the OT 3D re-release.

On the plus side, though, those who are hoping for an O-OT restoration and release in HD might get it.

14. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Yup. I kept saying is this true out loud. haha

Anyways, I hope the next movie is a live action movie with Hamill, Ford and Fisher. You could use something like 30years past ROTJ...

It is going to be a exciting time.

15. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I am speechless, is it April's fool already?? I have a bad feeling about this.

Daft-Vader likes this.
  16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Hurricane Sandy rolls through and all of a sudden this happens?? Did I get thrown into an alternate dimension???

Seriously. This is the craziest ****ing thing I've read since... well, I really can't say.

Disney buying Lucasfilm, doesn't seem so crazy given what has already happened with Pixar, Marvel and The Muppets.

But an Episode VII is ****ing INSANE, and I'm not sure if thats in a good way. Episodes 1-6 were, in my eyes, the COMPLETE saga. Hell, GL has said again and again that the Saga is the story of Vader and spans 1-6. My blu-ray even says right there on the spine "The Complete Saga". So what the hell does an episode VII promise? Not even said to be a NEW trilogy but rather just an episode VII announcement. For starters, it would have to feature Mark, Carrie and Ford... anything else would seem... bizarre. Then GL would have to be in some sort of control over the story. Anything else is just a big budget fan film.

So... "Sequel Trilogy" is about to become a new term.

Honestly, my head is spinning. Still thinking it's April Fools or I'm in some twisted dream.

Leah_Jade87 and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    OMG, why would they do this!!!!

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  18. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I just woke up to this news and am still saying "Holy ****" out loud to myself. It's like 100 christmas's all in one.

I always thought new movies should have been in The Old Republic era, around the time of the game. I mean, the CGI trailers for The Old Republic were better than the prequels. lol.

Gods, the possibilities are endless now. I just hope they don't rush it out to milk it for money and do it right!!!! 2015....hmm. Just do it right Disney!!

19. SithMaster83

Jan 13, 2005
    Star Wars as a UNIVERSE just begs to be expanded on thus the EU and clone wars....however I always felt the live action movies (like the prequels or hate them) were about anakin and his journey/death....once he dies as Lucas has stated plenty of times the story ends....not sure if I want 40 more live action films ala Star Trek....I like the 6 part story as it is

20. iamscottjediknight

iamscottjediknight Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2009
    I think I am have PMSS - Post Merger Stress Syndrome

morrison85 and Leah_Jade87 like this.
  21. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    WOW! Awesome, and to think I was wondering how in the world Star Wars is going to continue in the future!

And to the people who think this is bad news, I can see your doubts. But for me, as long as "Star Wars" is in the title, count me in as hyped! Call me blind, but I'm just too big of a fan to care! :cool:

22. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    To me the only plausible story has to be about the Jedi vs The Sith and maybe about the next "chosen one" that's really the best I am hoping for, do you guys really want the OT cast back? I'm hoping they don't try to find some way to bring back Vader.

CoolyFett likes this.
  23. SithMaster83

Jan 13, 2005
    How will it be the same though without Lucas behind it and JW scoring it....I just can't help but feel it will be different then everyone is hoping....if it is a seperate story like set in the old republic I could get behind it...but if its a direct sequel I don't know how I would feel

CaptainHamYoyo and CoolyFett like this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    is it april fools day?! 2015 release date less than 3 years away with no script actors, storyline era....

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  25. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Why are people freaking out? Just wait to see what Disney makes and if you like it, accept it. If you don't, just forget about it. Apparently we'll be getting a lot of movies too, if this is anything to go by:

"Disney just confirmed on its conference call that Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are included in the transaction. It also confirmed a long-term plan of releasing a new feature Star Wars film every two to three years — beyond the planned Episodes 7, 8, and 9."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/...release-star-wars-episode-7-in-2015#124550693

chaos9001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.