main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Disney buying Lucasfilm????? Star Wars goes on?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiAlKenobi, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Check it out:

2. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
  3. Bad_Feeling

Oct 3, 2002
    Double post!

4. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    This will be a day long remembered..It has seen the end of George Lucas and will see the end of Star Wars.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I hit the jackpot! Three Geoge's!

So, Lucas has the story outline, other script writers will make the scripts themselves.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sweet! 3 new star wars movies, excellent. Anything is better with Luke, Han, and co. Looks like though the EU is going to have to move over.
    Clarification for you guys though.

1) This happened to Pixar, they also were sold out to Disney, and still are making great films. So don't flip out about these being crap yet until we get the story down. LucasFilm will be apart of Disney as Pixar is, but you will still see a LucasFilm logo infront of the movies.
    2) Instead of Fox, it will be Paramount that releases the movies.
    3) Lucas will probably not direct, no idea who, though I heard someone on twitter speculate that it might be the guy who directed The Avengers.
    4) It will probably not be a reboot, as Episode 7 refers to

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  7. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    So how long 'til the OOT is released on Blu-ray?

8. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Double post

9. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I threw this together in iMovie. It's quite surreal to see the Disney logo kicking off a movie.

Paparazzo likes this.
  10. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    What's the reason for this?

11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, maybe this'll be a good thing, it could work, I mean the Avengers was pretty great.

I wonder how this'll affect the EU though, that won't end well.

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This is funny & great news. I doubt they would do anymore live action movies. The world of Star Wars is so vast & wide, it could go anywhere, just don't touch the saga that exist as it is now. An animated version of the saga would also be welcomed.

13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope they put a Star Wars-y twist on it.

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  14. Bad_Feeling

Oct 3, 2002
    I just hope that Lucas isn't putting his affairs in order... He seemed a little off in the interview posted above? A little awkward?

15. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Wasn't it said in that live phone conversation that the first six movies are still owned by FOX, and only additional movies will be Disney owned? If thats the case, then 2011's Complete Saga and the upcoming 3D rereleases are FOX's thing and are not controlled by DIsney, right? Meaning the idea of a box set containing episodes I - VII and beyond is not gonna happen.

Sort of like how the Friday the 13th movies are owned by more than one studio, and a complete series set has never happened.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    If they do make more live action movies I hope it features NO characters from the saga. Not a single one, make an all new adventure featuring new characters not related to anyone in the saga.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I see what you mean, I hope you have the blu ray set or dvd set to share with your kids, I would not mind a new movie based in the Star Wars universe, but if its related to anything in Ep1-6 then I'm done. No bickering & whining like the OT guys. I'm walking away with just The Saga.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I see what you mean, I hope you have the blu ray set or dvd set to share with your kids, I would not mind a new movie based in the Star Wars universe, but if its related to anything in Ep1-6 then I'm done. No bickering & whining like the OT guys. I'm walking away with just The Saga.

19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The logo is going to start with a Paramount logo, then by the LucasFilm, then by the 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..'

Why are you guys freaking out? Lucas is out of the picture with directing. Our favorite franchise is back again.

Disney bought out Marvel Studios and Pixar, do you guys hear about the Avengers being bad, or WALL-E? No? Me either.

Anakin_Prime likes this.
  21. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Who. Says they want to even do it again? I hope all 3 decline.

22. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    Looks like the hatebots have won. Not that this so-called "fandom", at least the majority of it, deserves anything better than that.

23. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I haven't been able to access the forums for awhile. They wouldn't load, I assume that was because of everyone coming here from the news.
    So, I wasn't able to reply to things.

But. I have two words : Christopher Nolan

And for the people who find this news somehow upsetting. Don't watch the new movies then. Let us who will enjoy them watch. I think some of you would rather SW just died? Disney is a perfect fit. It's happening, deal with it.

Anything is better than this coming SW Detours garbage, or more SW Lego cgi stuff.

24. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    And, with the Stock Market down until tomorrow because of the storm...imagine how the Disney stock will be in the next few days? This is perfect timing.

25. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    If people think this is bad news, so be it. Go watch something else. Personally, I am stunned at the moment. It's perfectly logical for Lucas to sell his company to Disney. It's the end of the road for him as a corporate chief, and how else would his legacy be safe?

The news about new SW movies is ... shocking. But after all, the PT haters will finally get their way: Lucas in the background, other writers and directors in the foreground. Boy, I never thought we'd see this day. Episodes VII, VIII and IX are official. It boggles the mind.

I say cool! It would be both selfish and naive to think that SW won't have a life beyond Lucas, and beyond us.

Anakin_Prime likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.