main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They'll probably appear as cameos, at least.

I wonder if the new sequel trilogy will be focused on Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Allana Djo Solo... or if it will be completely new characters outside of the Skywalker/Solo family?

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I really hope it's far down the road.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Why not? Star Trek did a whole new television series with only a couple cameos and guest spots from the original cast and it was far more successful than the original.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i guess we'll just have to wait and see all the way around. i have no expectations on this whatsoever, it's just initial thoughts at this point.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I highly doubt HF would do it. He's not just about money, he doesn't need it. He does films he thinks will be fun, and he's always loved Indy. He doesn't loathe SW but he also doesn't need it, nor does he feel particularly attached to Han. And do we really think Carrie is going to show up with the heavy smoker's voice as sweet little Leia? Lol. I think the only one I could see maybe making a cameo would be Hamill as an old Luke. Maybe in sort of an ANH Obi-Wan type role. But really I think it would more likely be a smaller role than that.

I would be fine with it being so far in the future that all of them are just legends by now. But even if it's going to be near future and try to continue the Skywalker family, I wouldn't expect HF or Carrie to come back.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they focused on the next generation, though. I wonder if they would consider keeping some of the names, even if they altered the characters substantially from the books. Mostly I just think the general concept of Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo is kind of too good to pass up, if indeed they're planning on making it connected at all to those families.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ugh, god no. Just. No. Never. No.

Also, re: this deal and it including rights to Indiana Jones... we know how it would look with another film, since the last one was so Disney-fied and all...

7. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    *Sees part about Disney buying Lucasfilm*

Oh okay... nothing interesting there...

*Sees part about Episode VII*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For now, I'll wait until I hear more. But it can't be any worse than what happened in Mass Effect 3... right?

MrZAP and anakin_sal-solo like this.
  8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    True, but Trek wasn't written entirely around Kirk's downfall and redemption.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Prequels weren't great, they also weren't terrible. Disappointment, great as it might have been, is not sufficient reason to condemn suitably average movies that even as they are still make plenty of other movies look like crap. The Prequels are 3 star movies, that's hardly bad.

Yes, but it was clear that was a whole new series, what Disney are doing is continuing the same series.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Like someone said earlier in the thread, that's just Lucas's retcon for the OT when he figured out what he wanted to do with the prequels. It can work without Anakin Skywalker (and did if you consider the original intents of ANH).

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And without Lucas being the writer, we can hopefully get good stories with interesting characters instead of Anakin. Skywalker. and. his. engaging. story. enhanced. by. lively. delivery. of. his. lines.

12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Pablo wrote in a blog that he's known they were making 7, 8, and 9 since sometime in June.

cratylus likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I just realised something, the new movies won't have the 20th Century Fox opening attached anymore.....

:_|

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm pretty sure nobody watching 'Star Wars' in 1977 thought it was 'really' about Darth Vader.

Anyway I thought WDNDSWITJCC? Lucky we don't have a new forum yet. :p

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    thinking that the draw of star wars is the characters would doom this project from the start. the thing that the prequels forgot was that the draw of star wars is swashbuckling space adventure. they should make episode 10 and then never make 7, 8 and 9.

MrZAP and Sauntaero like this.
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Seriously, Luke whined like a five letter word, but Anakin was just wholly unsympathetic and he made Vader less cool. Vader was terrifying when I was a child. Now I watch it and think, awww, does someone want a hug?

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The all consuming monster known as Disney overshadows everything. Even WDNDSWITJCC.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They should make new films that have nothing to do with the others, and not give them numbers. That is the best way to go about it, set some in the Old Republic Era and some whenever else they want. They can have spin-offs like a Boba Fett movie or other underworld scum that don't tie-in directly to the Saga. That would be fine, if they suck then we have the 6 movies and can distance them from Disney's stuff, if they don't they can easily be incorporated into the Star Wars franchise along with the TV shows & games.

Speaking of games, I assume projects like 1313 are still going ahead?...

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not so naive as to think they'll be no Skywalker family connection, but my preference would be for it to be long after the characters we know are dead instead of the next generation. But I conceded there's a fair likelihood they will do something with the next gen so they can organize the trilogies that way.

On a different note, as a Disney nerd my fingers are crossed for a Star Wars park as the long awaited 5th gate for Disney World

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, that was me when my boss told me a couple of hours ago. The possibilities are certainly intriguing...and terrifying.

Episode 7 in 2015. Jaysis.H. Kreist....

...though as long as it's "Heir to the Empire"... ;)[face_evil]

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    EDIT: Wrong thread for that post. :p

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow, I can feel going through the Kübler-Ross stages! there was denial, anger an then to look on the bright side, Disney has actually done a pretty good job with the Avengers, so 2015 might tun out to be better than PT... *hopeful*

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So, what open ends from the movies could be explored in the Sequel Trilogy?

I'm now nearly certain that CRUCIBLE is being written as the bridge novel.

I also fear we're going to hear a lot more about Mortis and Cyborg Maul...

[​IMG]

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    As much as some people want Thrawn triolgy and the such. I really hope they go back to The Old Republic Era. There is so much story there to play with. Oh maybe that could mean a new Kotor game....Oh what could this mean for Star Wars and video games...

25. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Neither was Star Wars.