main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ordo Skirata, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, we now know there will be one, despite everything that was ever said.

However, we don't know anything about; When will it be set? Will it be live action? Will it be animated? Who will write? There are tons of questions.

What do you all think? I personally hope for some very early prequel stuff (I know, somewhat vague) during the early republic and everything that is with that era.

Please note: This is not the thread to complain about Disney or how they will ruin Star Wars. This is for dicussing the new movie.

GeneralCIS likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Smells like garbage to me.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

cwustudent likes this.
  4. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Is it just me or does it smell of garbage in here?

6. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Now that you mention it, I do detect a faint whiff.

Sitara and Paparazzo like this.
  7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Was passing by and I noticed that smell!

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Episode Twelve? Aren't you jumping the gun a bit, there?

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  9. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha, I'm glad you noticed that. That X should be a V. If one of the mods would be ever so kind as to change, it would make much more sense.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Who mods this place anyway?

Done.

Adrian the Cool and Ordo Skirata like this.
  11. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    smells like garbage to me

oh wait

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Personally, I'm excited.

My guess it will be post-ROTJ, with Episode VII taking place 5 years after ROTJ.

My guess is that we're dealing with the Imperial Remnant.

And it will probably be live action with a lot of CGI.

My guess is Joss Whedon or J.J. Abrams will write/direct. No idea though.

Welcome to the ST everyone.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, I have to say I was pretty shocked to read this news. I knew Disney and Lucas had a good relationship, but I didn't expect them to buy it and I even more didn't expect more SW films to be made. Just because he's selling it and won't be producer or director is not really reason enough for Lucas to already be going back on his most recent positions of "the films are done" and "there is no story to tell after Episode 6". I don't know what to make of it all yet.

Having said that, regarding the questions above about timing, setting, live action vs. animated, etc. those are answered in quite a few of the articles out now about this. This one states this:

"The seventh movie, with a working title of “Episode 7,” is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The trilogy will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond “Return of the Jedi,” the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new “Star Wars” movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as creative consultant in the new movies."

It doesn't say so above, but other articles also say it will be live action.

14. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    It has been almost 10 years since I've posted on this website. I felt it an appropriate time to return.
    my opinion is

Itll be good im sure. Problem is with the prequals. Lucas had great ideas. The problem is he also had bad ideas and no one had the guts to say they were bad. He was surrounded by "yes sirs". The prospect of a new trilogy excites me. Especially with the quality and care control that theyve shown with Marvel so far. However, I feel part of the magic of Star Wars will be lost now that its becoming a "company" controlled franchise with bi-yearly entries.

15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    My favorite part of Episode VII was when Mal Solo said that funny line and Princes Maia was all like, "don't call me a prostitute, Mal."

spoooooky and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  16. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    eht13 the article is in error somewhat, it's 2-3 years between each movies of the Sequel trilogy per Disney.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The article says a new film every two or three years. But are you saying they are in error if they meant to imply that more films beyond the sequel trilogy will be made? It does imply that movies beyond the ST will be made, and although that sounds weird I haven't seen any articles saying that is incorrect.

18. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I take that back, they are indeed saying there will be movies beyond Episode 9. However, I doubt they will be two years between, three is probable. Really milking the series at that point, Star Wars should end at Episode 9. Three trilogies, one saga.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I was happy with two trilogies, one saga... but yeah, at this point I guess all we can hope for is three trilogies, one saga. Ugghh.

20. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Haven't posted since the update, and before then it was very infrequent. That being said: I'm actually excited by the news, especially in light of what Disney has been able to do with "outside creativity." Last year's Muppets movie and this year's Avengers were such great movie-going experiences, and so much as I love Star Wars, and as excited as I was for the Prequels (19 when TPM came out, and totally love certain elements of them!), in retrospect I feel like I had to go to them because they were Star Wars films. I grew up on VHS cassettes of the originals, and still watch the Clone Wars, but the idea of Lucas giving feedback to a "new generation" of filmmakers makes me happy, especially since 2005 seemed like the last hurrah. There's a sandbox analogy from someone, right?

I like the idea of 32 years post-ROTJ (TPM paralel!), and stoked about the idea of Luke, Leia, and Han making a cameo at the bare minmum, but I'm most excited by the fact that there's something pretty incredible to look forward to. The trick is now that I'm older I'm not going get too much of my hopes riled up.

Drunken Jedi Master and KED12345 like this.
  21. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    There's a lot of things we're going to have to adjust too. The idea of a new Star Wars trilogy is absolutely mind blowing, biggest news in Star Wars since the 90s when they announced the PT.

I was in lurk mode when the anticipation for ROTS was going on, so I do look forward to this time being able to watch the updates roll in the next 3 years as Episode VII rolls closer, and closer. Once we adjust to the shock, everyone will calm down and speculate just like we did in the PT times. Leading up to Episode 2, I remember that I had a StarWars.com hyperspace account and I would watch the pictures come in every other day.

22. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm guessing at least 40 years after ROTJ. Means the original cast doesn't have to feature at all (I think the Washington Post might have gotten their wires crossed about the story being about Luke, Leia & Han).

Nailed on to be shot live action in 3-D.

23. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Here's something else. Lucas has always recycled ideas - Cloud City (a design for an Imperial Prison in ANH) being reused in ESB is a great example. For the prequels, he really pulled out all the stops - he finally put in the air whales that had been slated to be in every film since ESB, he finally found a place to use the name Utapau, etc. What is left?

Also, any sequel films should deal with Jedi ghosting, since they left the exposition out of ROTS (it was originally in the script). They could have left it totally unexplained, but now it's a loose end and a perfect lead-in to more films. Star Wars Episode VII: The Journal of the Whills.

Come to think of it, didn't you have a similar idea a while ago, Darth_Nub? Am I thinking of the right thing?

24. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Guarantee it will be featured on 3-D and IMAX when it's release along side with regular theaters. If it's live action, which is likely, it will probably generate a LOT of money. It's been 10 years since ROTS came out by the time 2015 rolls around, so there is anticipation.

25. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    Someone get Mark Hamill on the phone asap.

We're going to need us a wise old Jedi and I'm thinking he just may fit the part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.