main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you not know how this stuff works? Your comments suggest you do not.

This deal sees Lucasfilm Limited move under the Walt Disney Company as a division in the company, in the same way Pixar, Marvel and ESPN are. Lucasfilm will be a subsidiary of the Disney corporation, but as parent company Disney will only extend influence over things like appointments to the board. As Lucasfilm is not merged into and absorbed by Disney, there's nothing to suggest that any creative control will be ceded from Lucasfilm to Disney.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have to wonder just how much of an option the decision makers involved have made of doing Old Republic instead of post-ROTJ. The adventures of young Yoda seem like a marketing goldmine.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's okay, we'll rename this thread to "Community Panics!" and move it to the Episode VII forum once it's set up.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think they care more about something the moviegoing public will want to see and will find familiar than the utterly unrealistic wet dreams of fans. Who, as fickle beings, will buy all the merchandise anyway.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    God, I don't want to have to actually venture in the movie forums. Can't this be the dedicated JCC Episode VII (non-spoiler, like the old policies) thread? :p

MrZAP likes this.
  6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Does this mean we can go back to vicious message-board rivalries, spoiler-cabals and their sycophantic society of lickspittles, our beloved tradition of rabid hostility toward new posters, and an elitist hierarchy based almost solely on registration dates?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They specifically said this will be based off of Lucas's outlines of EPISODES VII, VIII, and IX.

So there will definitely be a post-ROTJ sequel trilogy.

But they also said they'd make a movie every other year even after the ST is completed, and THAT will be open to every era.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Not allowing us to discuss this would be incredibly lame. So shut it? :p

MrZAP and Healer_Leona like this.
  9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    What do you mean, 'go back'?

10. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    So between this, Muppets and Marvel, Disney now owns almost all of my childhood. Lord help us if they get Hasbro, I'll just have to be branded with mouse ears.

Actually, you can go ahead and already brand me with mouse ears.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here come the cloners. Plapy =/= sidious, afterall...

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, the JCC is mean. Still need WNU.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Precisely. We are talking not about the plot points, but about the socio-political ramifications of sustained childhood raping. Which, if the Republicans are to be believed, is a gift from God. So, thanks God for the prequels! You jerk.

We're also crushing anyone's dreams of the EU adaptation they wanted to see. Dream crushing is an important facet of the JCC.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Suprised Lucas sold his whole company and not jsut the SW rights, what about all the small movies he wanted to make? Is he going to found another studio for that?

If Disney owns Lucasfilm, can't it just fire everyone and put in whoever it wants to run the company for it? Surely it has the means to decide how often movies & other media are produced and what they are about.
    Disney must have the authority as owner of Marvel to decide how many Avengers movies there will be and which characters are in them (provided they have rights for said characters). I was of the impression it decides to let Pixar and the others be seperate entities because they were already well-run and it's good for business, not because it has to.

Surely if Disney wants a Toy Story 4, there will be one whether Pixar want it or not.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Who knows what the heck Disney are doing? They haven't said ANYTHING except they're making a 7th SW movie, and looking to make more beyond that.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Not without lowering the opinions of Lucasfilm by 80 and all their other vassals by 20.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I am VERY excited. My jaw just about hit the floor when I saw this on news tonight. Episodes VII, VIII and IX are DEFINETELY happening. ^:)^:cool::D[face_dancing]:eek:

And we will be getting more big screen Star Wars beyond that. X-wing franchise, Disney? Pretty please? And can we pretty please have Steven Speilberg direct the ST?

cratylus and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    So when do we get the Episode VII Spoiler Forum up and running? ;)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Of the sources I've seen, many say "Episode VII" as opposed to just a seventh Star Wars movie (it would be the 8th anyway if you include the Clone Wars movie). That suggests a continuation of the existing saga rather than a whole lot of new seperate movies that have nothing to do with the Saga films but are in the same universe.

20. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    John Williams better live another 10 years.

cratylus, artemis_fowl, MrZAP and 9 others like this.
  21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Get In Line: A Social Countdown to Episode VII.

G-FETT and PrincessKenobi like this.
  22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'll make one prediction now, whoever else may or may not be involved in Episode's VII to IX - R2D2 and C3PO will be involved.

MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  23. YellowSaberMaster

YellowSaberMaster Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2003
    HOLY POOP ON A STICK~!!!!
    I haven't logged in since May 2003 apparently... THIS news made me jump on today.
    W.T.F.~!!!
    George, if ya COULDN'T do another trilogy (like you said there'd be WAAAAYYYY back when), you COULD have JUST SAID SO~!!!
    No, WAIT... YOU DID.

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Honestly I thought it was all a cruel cruel twitter joke when I read it this afternoon.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, because we made Ep 3's so easy on you. Grilled Sarlaac went into a monastery after 3SA closed.

Summer Dreamer and G-FETT like this.