main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney Buys LucasFilm: Star Wars 7 Planned To Release 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jaoblias, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plague_o_both_u_sith

plague_o_both_u_sith Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I've always wanted to see the Thrawn trilogy made into movies. Even with new actors for everyone I think it would be much better than the prequels were or whatever ideas Lucas has for this.

2. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Honestly I have mixed feelings on Disney buying Lucasfilm. I know that some people will love to hear this news becasue alot of people have wanted George lucas to stop interfering with the Star Wars saga. I think we'll have some oppurtunities to explore here with a new saga though the thing is that Disney can't really create a direct sequel becasue it would ruin so much of the established canon, and Disney is smart in the fact that it knows it can't just erase decades of eu becasue it would drive away alot of the hardcore fans like us. I'd personally love to see a movie about Cade Skywalker or Cade Skywalkers children.

The cons though of Disney buying Star Wars though is that the Star Wars saga could eventually end up like what happened to the Star Trek franchise back in 2005. I don't want to see Star Wars take this route with Disney creating story after story and it just gets old eventually. However this is Star Wars and in this world anything is possible.

3. DarthHazard

DarthHazard Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    Look people, we all know Lucas is a horrible writer and he can't direct his way out of the garage. Ep.1 was horrendous, 2 and 3 not much better. Everyone is freaking out about this and Im pretty sure they aren't thinking about films Disney has made under other film companied it has acquired such as Miramax. Reservoir Dogs anyone?

4. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Honestly I have mixed feelings on Disney buying Lucasfilm. I know that some people will love to hear this news becasue alot of people have wanted George lucas to stop interfering with the Star Wars saga. I think we'll have some oppurtunities to explore here with a new saga though the thing is that Disney can't really create a direct sequel becasue it would ruin so much of the established canon, and Disney is smart in the fact that it knows it can't just erase decades of eu becasue it would drive away alot of the hardcore fans like us. I'd personally love to see a movie about Cade Skywalker or Cade Skywalkers children.

The cons though of Disney buying Star Wars though is that the Star Wars saga could eventually end up like what happened to the Star Trek franchise back in 2005. I don't want to see Star Wars take this route with Disney creating story after story and it just gets old eventually. However this is Star Wars and in this world anything is possible.

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I've said it in the JCC and I'll say it here: Honestly not sure what to think.
    This could swing either good or bad.

6. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Just keep Michael Bay and J.J Abrams away. I would very much like to see Steven Spielberg direct if possible.

7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Come on, new Star Wars movies. Is it Christmas already?

8. Embo

Embo Jedi Knight

Mar 27, 2010
    Yeah, I remember The Avengers. I also remember Alice in Wonderland, Prince of Persia, John Carter, On Stranger Tides, Tron: Legacy, and Cars 2. If these films represent Disney's handling of sequels and franchises, I'm a bit nervous. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be in every midnight line until I die. Star Wars had me at Hello. It is in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do?

9. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    you can put the name Star Wars on it, but it won't be the same. I just hope there is a sense of integrity to these new films. Please don't wreck what came before!

10. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And everyone will buy it!

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You're assuming they are going to be made under the Disney label and not under Paramount like the Marvel movies are (Marvel is owned by Disney).

Having said that I still have to laugh at what must be Lucas' final irony. He started his career as a fiercely independent film maker who detested studio control over the industry. Now here is is selling out to the biggest media empire on the planet.

12. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    You guys do know Star Wars, as much as I love it, is a KIDS MOVIE

13. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    They cant do a EU movie that has Han, cause FORD wouldn't do another Star Wars I dont think and they CAN NOT replace him!

14. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    I know I shouldn't be excited. I know it's probably going to end up making the prequels look like absolute masterpieces by comparison.
    But I can't help it. Star Wars VII? In just two and a half years?
    Oh. My. God.
    *dies*

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

16. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Guys, cmon. Maybe this time the franchise will stop being cartoony and go back to its roots in-

Please, God. Make it stop.

Make it end.

Imrahil2001 likes this.
  17. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Well, for better or worse, I'll be in line.

SamiS and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
  18. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I'm kind of optimistic. I love the original trilogy, but at this point I'm much more attached to the Star Wars Expanded universe. Heck, a lot of my favorite SW characters (including my top 2) are from the books. Maybe they can just treat it like how the star Trek franchise was treated when the the horrible 2009 ST movie came out. The books stay in their universe (aka current EU for SW) and are allowed to continue like they have been, pleasing fans of that and generating the same amount of money that it has been (and the Star wars EU has apparently been profitable enough to last for decades). The new movies can continue to go were they want to go. That is probably the best solution, it wouldn't alienate any fans, and it would make them money. Disney hasn't really messed with Marvel, another company people were worried about them screwing up when they bought it, so I'm hoping Star Wars doesn't get screwed.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know, I was appalled when I heard Dis bought this franchise, but when the head of Disney said they own Marvel movies, I was somewhat relieved to hear that. I still don't know what to think, though. This is a big deal, but it could make the Star Wars saga better or worse, so again, I don't know. I do love the Pirate movies, and Disney made them, right?

Yeah, there's something wrong with him, I'll bet. He sounded a bit off with his speech, no? Getting a bit too old, too fast, it seems.

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    There used to be a saying "You can't please all of the people all of the time".

Now it's "you just can't please anybody... ever".

Why do people use the internet to bash movies before they are even written?

It's sad to see the Maker leave, but Kennedy and Disney are giving us more movies.

If Disney could get hold of DC, we might finally get a The Flash and Wonder Woman on screen.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Sweet Jesus, dude this is heavy.

22. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *wonders why people thinks that Disney getting hold of Star Wars means sleeping beauty sequal in space or Hannah Montana*

truly wonderful the mind of ignorence is

23. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    anyone else hope Spielberg finally gets to direct star wars?

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope the writers are Star Wars fanatics like Kevin Smith, Topher Grace and Simon Pegg, who all seem to know Star Wars better than the maker. ;)

25. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I have mixed feelings about this also, I just hope the EU doesn't become more messed up than it already is, as long as they stick to the major things in the EU, i'm fine. But I'm not sure, is this where the fun begins, or ends? What happens to dark horse, or all the cartoon, and the live action series scheduled?

Also any one realize this, as of today, Star Wars' YouTube channel posted a video of, what's now called, "The Skywalker Saga."

Maybe the next movies aren't about the skywalkers, and who knows, maybe they will have imperial knights in it?

OK probably not, but you can always hope right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.