main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    imiller :
    I think ALL of the characters could use a long time away from Denning. ;)

2. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Don't write Allana out: have her spend time with her mom. Seriously, how many scenes between the two of them have we actually had? And a political themed Hapan novel involving Tenal Ka, Allana, Zekk, and Taryn Zel would be fantastic. Maybe this series will involve a plot like that.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Not the Squibs. They can stay in Denningverse where they belong. Preferably, the section of that universe that serves as Hell.

4. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Send them to Mustafar. From what I've seen of the The Clone Wars, it's apparantly a popular vacation spot.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Did Del Rey and Christie Golden know about the Sequel Trilogy when they planned this? Could this be cancelled? Or will Jaina and Jag be major characters in the ST?

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Did Del Rey and Christie Golden know about the Sequel Trilogy when they planned this? Could this be cancelled? Or will Jaina and Jag be major characters in the ST?

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    All I know is that I was undecided if I wanted to buy this before...

And now I'm even more split. If I call it a day and don't bother, then the poor sales may be further reason for Disney to think the EU isn't worth bothering with. But if I decide to go ahead and buy it, I may still just be wasting my time...

8. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I seriously doubt that Jaina or Jag will be major characters in the sequel trilogy. I also think that whether or not DR knew about this, LFL have been developing treatments for the sequel trilogy for at least a year and they do sign off on this stuff. I think one of two things are likely:

1) it's going to be a clusterfrak regardless

2) the sequel trilogy is set at least 100 years after ROTJ (preferably 200 given the Legacy situation...)

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I wouldn't bother freaking out over each and every thing until we have some kind of actual information to base our freakouts on.

fistofan1 and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    A lot of continuity concerns on the Holocron Keeper's FB page, too.

11. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Dang. Normally I'd admonish someone for being so defeatist but I find myself in partial agreement. Not a big part but but still...

12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
  13. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    The entire trilogy will be about the three trimesters of Jaina's pregnancy....oh my I can't imagine the idea of the Sword of the Jedi getting hormonal on people, that could end really really really poorly for a lot of people. Yay pregnant Jaina!

JStepp likes this.
  14. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Thread killer...

But really, I think Crucible and this will be happening at the same time, hence why they won't be in the other books much. Old gen book, new gen book

15. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    So I've been thinking (especially since D-day) if Disney is going to ignore current EU continuity, Crucible and SOTJ are most likely the end of this "EU" so SOTJ could bridge the gap between now and Legacy comics. Have each book jump to a period in Jaina's life that would set up some of the events seen or mentioned in Legacy

(Help why did my font go all crazy?)

16. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Could Del Rey announce a release date for something after Crucible. It gives me the feeling that there is nothing beyond Crucible. That the "mind blowing" Kemp Duology and TSoTJ project will secretly never be released. It's creeping me out. Come on Del Rey. Announce something already.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They announced Crucible and SOTJ, having known about the ST. They are the announcements.

18. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm talking release dates for books after Crucible.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I know, but I'm saying Crucible/SOTJ WAS the announcement to show that the EU would go on even with the ST.

20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I've had the same thought. Except it really won't so much be a secret as an announcement.

Really? Did Del Rey know the ST was coming when they announced these projects? Specifically SOTJ and the Kemp Duology.

21. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Proof? Why should we think that Del Rey or Dark Horse knew?

22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what exactly makes Jaina the "Sword of the Jedi." it's been a long time since i read a star wars novel.

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    But that's the mind blowing part, dude! It's, like, a totally modern work of art!

[​IMG]

Behold the full biography of Jaden Korr!!! He's your character to create!!!! :eek:

(Although, I lie, it's not a new idea.)

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Next week, Del Rey will announce the forthcoming release of Star Wars: Untitled Book Project. This novel, by a to-be-determined author, will be about Star Wars. Major Star Wars characters will have an exciting adventure that may or may not tie into Episode VII and probably hopefully will still be in the same EU but who knows? Star Wars: Untitled Book Project will be released sometime in the future, at least by 2014, because they'll probably know what's going on in the movie by then. Stay tuned for further announcements as the Episode VII script develops!

25. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm putting Star Wars: Untitled Book Project on my Christmas wish list for 2013, 2014, and 2015!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.