main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Disney buying Lucasfilm????? Star Wars goes on?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiAlKenobi, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Uhh no. they got married not long after ROTJ. It would have to be different younger actors to pull that off.

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm almost certain that was said with a generous helping of sarcasm.

A Tool likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, I have to say I was pretty shocked to read this news. I knew Disney and Lucas had a good relationship, but I didn't expect them to buy it and I even more didn't expect more SW films to be made. Just because he's selling it and won't be producer or director is not really reason enough for Lucas to already be going back on his most recent positions of "the films are done" and "there is no story to tell after Episode 6". I don't know what to make of it all yet.

4. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I am not going to say that I am completely against this or already have it in my head that this is a bad thing, but as I said in my original post a little bit ago, I am very nervous. While I will agree that we don't know how much creative input lucas will have, it usually isn't polite to hire a writer to write a story with someone standimg over the writer saying no it doesn't happen like that etc etc...

Star Wars without the storytelling ability that Lucas has worries me greatly. He has/had a great way of balancing the story telling side with the adventure side.

Now I also have to make sure that I really hammer the OT and PT into my kids heads.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  5. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I think they should get the people who worked on The Old Republic to help with the new movies. The people who did the CGI trailers nearly made those short few minutes better than the prequels. If they could make the new movies on that scale of awesomeness I think the universe would even cheer. lol. Joss Whedon or Christopher Nolan Directing. Hans Zimmer score. Man...."i'd buy that for a dollar"

I really fail to see how alot of you people think it's "your" Star Wars. You don't own it. If you don't like what's happening, then don't watch it.

6. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Lawrence Kasdan must write this thing.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    No Michael Bay would be perfect to make a Starwars movie because that guy is totally awesome, it could the SW movie I've always dreamed of. It could feature explosions, lightsaber duels with busty twilek women, high speed pods that turn into robots that curse & machine gun blasters. We need a Starwars for the new generation.

8. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I guess as I read more on this, there is something that has me a little more at ease. It sounds like LFL will still survive within Disney. It doesn't sound like Disney is just going to swallow LFL up and incorporate it into their system. If that is true it makes me a little happier. Kathleen Kennedy is taking Lucas' spot within LFL and will be the one overseeing the movies, again a plus.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  9. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    _ agree with you it should not cater to those stupid old fans of the 6 film Fox saga, its a new day, a new era & folks need to get with it.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    To each is own! I like both of the ideas, there are many ways this could go. Unlike the PT, because in the PT - we all knew what happens.

This could have real plot twits.

11. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004

Not on screen they didn't...

...maybe Leia and Han got separated like Marion and Indy for a while and will find each other again in VII.

One can dream...

12. Jedi_Master_Groove

Jedi_Master_Groove Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    Jedi_Master_Groove rides again. Good to be back folks. I can't wait to get the first inklings of what the story will be. I also can't decide what I'm more excited about, a new trilogy or the 9 years of spoilers and forum checking that will now commence.

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    The new movies will eventually need their own forum & will hopefully never be packaged with the current saga.

14. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    When it comes to the movies:

As I read more on it it is clear that they are handling them a lot like "The Old Republic". Totally separate from the films or OS (Original Saga) and set years in the distant future.

Its basically just a bigger version of The Old Republic guys. These new films will not affect the Star Wars Saga (or OS) any more than TOR did.

Think of it like that and it becomes much clearer to understand.

15. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    The problem is that these new movies will be Episodes 7 thru 9, so they must be connected to the other episodes so that each episode can be a chapter of a 9 chapter book. All episodes must form a continuous and coherent story.

16. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    To me Star Wars without George Lucas isn't Star Wars. End of story

17. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    So all the Saga merch that is out there, all of that should be trashed?? All the book collections & saga eyclopedias & video games those are trash now?

18. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Or not as much Star Wars as The Old Republic or The Clone Wars is Star Wars.

In a cool kind of way these new films count as EU.

19. Rogue_Citizen

Rogue_Citizen Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    No, not trash...but I don't think that should hold back (not that it necessarily would) the cinematic universe.
    I agree with those that would rather see a new story as apposed to something where we already know the major plot points.

Here's hoping that they at least get Hamill back...I think he would be the key!

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Naw forgot Hamill, we need new actors, new talent, new sound, new feel, new look for the new next generation of SW fans.

21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well if it's post- ROTJ...to see him in the Obi-Wan role as a Jedi Master , i mean that would be cool to me at least.
    just imagine how many directors out there in Hollywood that loved Star Wars are placing phone calls right now LOL

Rogue_Citizen likes this.
  22. Rogue_Citizen

Rogue_Citizen Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    Totally agree, we need new actors and characters...However, He does not need to be the main...but rather an 'important' supporting character

23. Episodes 7-9

Episodes 7-9 Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Let's do this! I am in 15 years ago mode. Bring on the spoilers!

Rogue_Citizen likes this.
  24. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    No kidding...so pumped...I used to lurk back in the episode 2 days and joined during the 3 years...its been a long time since i've been here...excited to be back...can't wait till the first details start emerging!

25. Episodes 7-9

Episodes 7-9 Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Wish I could have remembered my old username. I was here a lot in those days. Oh well, it's the dawn of a new era!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.