main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It would have been a better election had he run instead of Ron Paul.

*press conference*

Reporter: RuPaul, how do you propose to fix the economy?

RuPaul: You'd better WORK!

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Crotch Waffle was always my favorite jedi from the EU. Glad to see him there.

edit: Boooo now this post makes no sense.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    and where are the sites stating that they'll be back with their family? i have a VERY hard time believing anything like that has been officially announced by lucasfilms or disney at this point.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I love how quickly and easily people fall for B* spoilers.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  5. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Before even getting into the content of what Episode 7 will be about, there's 3 basic questions I want to know:

1. What becomes of the original Star Wars saga in 3D? Will Fox still release them theatrically in 3D or on home video in 3D, or will they cancel everything out of spite? How will this affect future home video releases of the Star Wars films, like a giant box set of all 9 Episodes later down the road? Fox and Sony seemed to get along well for the Bond 50th anniversary release, so hopefully Fox and Disney can have a very productive and mutually beneficial relationship.

2. I'm assuming at this point that Episode 7 will be in 3D. Wonder if it will use higher frame rates?

3. Visually what will the look of the new films be? I hope to see a reduction in the sheer amount of CGI used and see something that uses a few more practical elements and sets, especially if they are feasible. That said, ILM is still one of the best in the business. Cloud Atlas looked incredible....amazing visual effects.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Clearly Disney will allow Fox to handle the eventual megaset... in exchange for [Insert Marvel property of your choice here]. I smell future power plays. :p

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Sorry, I'm seeing all these pictures of Jaina and Jacen and Ben Skywalker and throwing up a little bit in my mouth. No thanks, that's one part of the EU I hope they just completely ignore. Although, I agree with solojones, the name "Ben Skywalker" is rather nice.

cratylus and Ender Sai like this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    1. Why the hell would Fox cancel something that will make them even more money now out of spite? They should be super happy that this has happened, because it might mean even more people will be energized to see the 3D films.

2. I don't think any film except the Avatar sequels will be using 48fps after the debacle with The Hobbit, so let's pray to God we don't have to factor that in. As to 3D, I guess that depends. A lot of filmmakers wouldn't want to do that, but Disney may well want to do that anyway for the increased revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3D version... though by 2015 I feel like people are going to be even more sick of 3D than they already are based on box office numbers. Either way, I don't care because I don't watch 3D.

3. It'll probably look a lot like the PT, to be honest. Some directors do like mixing in model work, but it just depends on who you get and how they want to approach it.

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Imagine if you were a North American who'd lost power in the Hurricane only to have it reconnected in a few days to find that there's another trilogy...

cratylus, DarthTunick and Ghost like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Sheezus... Do you guys even read? Disney has no creative input in Lucasfilm. Seriously, it's like dealing with children on a sugar high...

Speaking of - Summer Dreamer, enough with the casting speculation already. The writers are perfectly capable of coming up with their own two-dimensional characters for the films. They don't need the EU for that.

jp-30 likes this.
  11. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I wonder if Disney will release the original "unmodified" trilogy? But it more likely that Lucas wrote into the sales agreement that they shall never do that.......:_|

12. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Been offline all day and I just switched on my computer to read this news. First time in years that I have been compelled to join a forum to be able to discuss it. Just couldn't feel the same way about the prequels, as much as I though ROTS was fairly enjoyable. But this blows me away.

It seems to me that Lucas very much can'tlet go of Star Wars, despite recignising his own need to retire, and so this says to me that he has in mind for it what happened to the Star Trek franchise, namely that the stewardship is passed on from creator and the franchise continues to roll on in whatever form it may take.

I, for one, feel very excited about the idea of filmmakers who are better than George getting the reigns and being able to really play in that universe for the first time on the big screen. I think Empire will be the benchmark for how to do a SW picture without Mr. Lucas behind the camera 100%. I do hope, however, that the story somehow continues the Skywalker legacy, even if Mark Hamill comes back as an old fart. I cannot think of any other story than the restoration of the Jedi Order that would allow the story to directly flow from episodes I-VI. But then Lucas says he already has half a dozen treatments for Star Wars movies and I'm sure that ifhe were honest he always had the 9 part saga in the back of his mind so my betting is that he knows what the movies will be about, even if he only gives guidance on the scripting and directorial process.

I would, however, be cautious about predicting characters, et al. If Lucas wants the EU to stand I think it's highky unlikely that they will make direct reflections of the post OT EU stories.

Anyhow, this is my first post. Hope you don't mind if I stick around. :)

13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    can we just pretend everything after ROTJ hasn't happened and Ben Skywalker and that other bitch don't exist

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Mickey Mouse will be in the next Avengers!

Darth_Invidious and Ender_Sai like this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You didn't buy a copy when they were released on DVD in 2006? Haha.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Woah, I just realized that Disney owns Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. Pixar originated from LucasFilm's animation division, while Marvel used to be the main licensee of SW comics. Meta. [face_hypnotized]

17. Schwarma

Oct 30, 2012
    I suspect that in a few years we will get the super duper Nth Degree dip blu-ray set with the original version, tinkered version and forthcoming Disney version where Mickey stops Darth Goofy from fully turning to the Dark Side.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    THEY WILL PROBABLY DO A STAR WARS LITTLE MERMAID THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS.

I am interested to see who Summer Dreamer thinks should be cast as Waru.

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    No, just relatively few, vast media conglomerates. [face_flag]

20. Schwarma

Oct 30, 2012
    If Carrie Fisher comes back for the new films will she play a Hutt?

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I GET IT SHE'S 56 AND FAT. SHE DOESN'T CONFORM TO MY STANDARDS. EXCUSE ME WHILE I PICK CHEETO DUST OUT OF MY NECKBEARD

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Dirty neckbeard, Guy? Ewwww.

23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    After thinking about this news all day long, I've realized I am pretty excited to see some star destroyers gliding towards me from the corner of the screen again. At least, they better ****ing have some star destroyers, the lucky people, whoever they are, that get to write this thing.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She's actually skinny now

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    COULD SHE PLAY JAINA SOLO?