main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    And here we've got a perfectly clear night with a full moon high in the sky . . .

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Update from Gettysburg: The eye has moved through and the winds are calm right now. It's just raining, and seeing as how the rain isn't horizontal, I count that as a good sign. However, we're not out of the woods, yet. Part Two comes into play tomorrow.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope everybody is okay this morning.

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    We made it through just fine in DC. Some parts of the city lost power, but we managed to stay lit up all night. (Though I am pretty sure my professor lost power half way through our online class. Suddenly we weren't getting discussion questions any more.) The metro and my campus are still shut down, so it's another day of hunkering down at home and getting class work done. I don't mind that at all.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I know I shouldn't complain about the weather, but it's -20 degrees C here right now (-4 f). I suffer through -40 degree weather in January every year. But it's bloody cold for October. We're in the next ice age, I tell you! I keep expecting a mammoth to walk by ;)

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I hope everyone's staying safe across the pond! I saw it on the news last night, it looks pretty bad. Be safe guys!

Also - Disney apparently just bought Lucasfilm? And they're going to make more SW films? That's going to be... interesting.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    What I see is a massive upsurge in the Boards Population, like when Ep III came out. Regardless of how the movies turn out. :p

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Disney buying Lucasfilm was... unexpected. The details of ep 7 will be... Interesting to find out

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wonder what time frame episode 7 will be? Will Luke be young? Or will he be a 100 year old cranky Jedi waving his lightsaber and telling the local kids to "Get off my lawn punks!"

I would love to see the Thrawn Trilogy done. Then skip over Children of the Jedi and pop over to Union.

Hazel likes this.
  10. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure there was a little more plot between Thrawn Trilogy and Union than just Children of the Jedi... :p

What I would like to see- some sort of awesome EU connection, even if it wasn't a precise retelling of the books. Preferably starting with Thrawn Trilogy or X-wing series.
    What I expect to see- a complete abandonment of the previously created post-movies EU in favor of something more... eh... Disney.

Yeah, I'm feeling pessimistic today.

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes, but it didn't involve bootknocking so I skipped over it. I didn't even put in Vision of the Future as my hope for a future movie because I want some L/M romance and not a Force arranged marriage. I would like to see the Thrawn Trilogy and then they do a movie based on some hot steamy L/M fanfic, then go to Union.

Hey, I have a good feeling about this.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really hope they don't completely make EU cannon obsolete. I realize they may have to change things but I think they'll alienate a lot of the fanbase who has already proven they spend a LOT of money by completely disregarding the EU.

I also worry about what it means for us (as in the JC and fanficers) because Disney protects it's things viciously.

But, I'm cautiously-optimistically excited. ;)

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Same here. I just hope Disney doesn't go their famous 'we own it...YOU NO TOUCH' route in regard to fanfilms and such.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope we can still see Family Guy and Robot Chicken spoofs.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Personally, I'd like to see JAT adapted to film.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If this impacts my getting a sketch card deal, I am going to be pissed.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm cautiously optimistic as well. I just hope they don't do anything with the big 3, unless it's animated. They'll never be able to get the actors back and to replace them would just be wrong.

18. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Episode 7 is going to be about Han Solo's (played by Shia LaBeouf) formative years on Kashyyyk, swinging through the trees with Wookiees, possibly chasing some bad guys and/or artifacts. :)

Nah, seriously though, Disney have brought out some good films lately, haven't they? Pirates of the Caribbean was good. The Avengers was good. I really like John Carter, too, they did a great job with that, although it doesn't seem to be all that popular. If they made a new SW movie in the vein of John Carter, I'll happily abandon canon continuity for it.

I'm not too concerned about canon to be honest. I've been ignoring bits of it quite happily for a few years now. :p I just wish it'd happened before George could tell them to kill off Anakin. That's something I could've done without.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    They could always bring Ani Jr. back you know :p

Though it will never happen while Lucas is alive.

20. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Don't worry about fan fiction. It's Already established within this fandom and Disney can't touch that. I was cautiously optimistic about Avengers and Disney really let Joss have the reins on that. So I'm cautiously optimistic about any SW films they make.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    First, Sandy. Now, this. I have a headache now.

I'm going to eat sherbert straight from the container.

Commander-DWH likes this.
  22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm up with some nerves being stepped on by a friend and then my nerves in my ankle being unhappy with me. It was staying normal and then started getting worse yesterday.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eat sherbert from the container while watching this. Worked for me.

24. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Seriously. I have been having the weirdest week. Being awkwardly asked out by a coworker, worrying about all my friends on the east coast, and now this? I don't know how much more I can take in one week.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have an appointment with my psychiatrist in November. I'm going to ask him to up my medication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.